Toyota Prius and Prius V Safety Recall for Risk of Stalling
Toyota Motor Engineering and Manufacturing (Toyota) has issued a recent recall on 266,638 Prius and Prius V vehicles for the risk of stalling. The safety issue stems from the Intelligent Power Module (IPM), where the hybrid system may shut down as a result of excessive voltage within the inverter. This may cause the car to lose power, stall while being driven, and increase the risk of a motor vehicle collision.
Owners will be notified by Toyota if their vehicle is affected by the recall. A software update of the hybrid system will be performed by Toyota dealers. If there is an inverter failure found within the hybrid system and is related to this safety issue, the inverter assembly will be replaced or repaired before the software is updated. All vehicle repairs will be performed at no charge to owners. This recall, Toyota reference number 20TA10 / 20TB10, is expected to start August 10, 2020.Which Toyota Prius Vehicles are Affected by the Safety Recall for Stalling Risk?
The following vehicles are affected by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) campaign number 20V369000:
- 2013 to 2015 Toyota Prius produced between March 15, 2013, to November 9, 2015
- 2014 to 2017 Toyota Prius V produced between June 20, 2014, to November 30, 2017
Drivers and passengers in the United States are often injured or killed in motor vehicle accidents. While driver error may play as a contributing factor in some crashes, others may occur as a result of an automotive defect. Each year, millions of cars face recalls due to poor manufacturing or faulty vehicle parts that may result in serious or even fatal collisions. An experienced Sacramento auto products liability attorney can help in these situations by guiding an injured party or family of a decedent through automotive defect litigation. A lawyer can also help recover financial compensation and justice on their behalf by ensuring that the injuries and losses of their clients are fully taken care of over their lifetime, and negligent automakers are held financially accountable for their negligence to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future. For details on what to look for in a reputable injury attorney to handle your defective vehicle case, watch the video below.Compensation in an Auto Products Liability Claim
When a person has been injured in a motor vehicle accident due to a defect in the design or manufacturing of the car they were driving or riding in, they may be entitled to compensation for their injuries and losses incurred through an auto products liability claim. These types of cases are generally brought against automakers for their failure to comply with federal safety guidelines on vehicle safety design and manufacturing. The types of compensation available through an automotive products liability lawsuit include:
- Medical care and expenses, including the cost of past and future treatment, for injuries related to a traffic collision
- Lost wages caused by not being able to work for a period of time to recover from an injury suffered in an auto accident
- Loss of future earning potential due to permanent injury or disability caused by a car crash
- Emotional distress or mental anguish for the psychological impact a motor vehicle collision and injury has had on an injured person’s day to day life (e.g., anxiety, insomnia, depression, etc.)
- Loss of consortium for new limitations placed on uninjured spouses as a result of a car accident injury suffered by their spouse (e.g., amputation, spinal cord injury, etc.)
- Loss of the ability to enjoy life
- Pain and suffering for the physical pain and emotional suffering an accident-related injury has caused
- Property damage to repair or replace a vehicle damaged in a defective car accident
- Punitive damages may be awarded in a defective car lawsuit to punish the vehicle manufacturer for their negligence and to deter similar behavior from the company and others in the future
The main goal in an auto products liability lawsuit is to protect the rights of injured parties and providing them the compensation they need for physical injuries and damages incurred. These types of cases are also a means of holding automakers financially accountable for their negligence. All too often, vehicle manufacturers choose cost-cutting measures over car safety. By holding an automaker responsible through an automotive products liability lawsuit, this provides a strong incentive to design and manufacture safer vehicles to be sold and driven on the road. Since 1982, the Sacramento personal injury attorneys at AutoAccident.com have been dedicated to obtaining justice and compensation for those who have been injured in auto accidents due to faulty vehicle design or manufacturing. Contact our personal injury law firm today to schedule a free consultation and see how we can help you and your family through this difficult time.Personal Injury Lawyers in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. If you have been injured or lost a loved one after an accident by what you believe was caused as a result of a defective vehicle or vehicle part, take the first step in protecting your legal rights by contacting an experienced auto products liability lawyer today. For free, friendly advice on your case, call our personal injury law firm at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We are available anytime to answer your questions and advise you of your best options for recovery through an auto products liability case.
See client reviews of our law firm at the following links:
I am proud to be listed as a member of these national legal groups:
At AutoAccident.com, our Sacramento auto accident lawyers have decades of experience. We have recovered fair financial compensation on behalf of our clients across Sacramento and elsewhere in California who have been injured by negligent drivers and entities. To see the results we have obtained for others in their personal injury and wrongful death claims, go to our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Image Source: pixabay
:ds llo [cs 1031]