Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Do you need the help of an experienced California Motorcycle Accident Attorney? Or maybe you have questions about a motorcycle accident and have not been able to get satisfactory answers. I can help with that.
My name is Ed Smith and I represent clients in the Sacramento area who have suffered personal injuries or property damage from a motorcycle accident. Such accidents include collisions with negligent drivers but also those involving drunk or hit-and-run drivers, and uninsured or underinsured drivers.
We also represent Sacramento area residents injured in motorcycle accidents resulting from defective products or designs in motorcycles.Motorcycle Accident Statistics
If you ride a motorcycle, you know the feeling of freedom cruising the open road. But riding a motorcycle can also be dangerous. As an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer of Sacramento, I know all too well that even good motorcyclists can't always protect themselves from negligent drivers. Recent data shows that motorcyclists are about 28 times more likely than car occupants to die in a motor vehicle accident. Motorcyclists are overrepresented in traffic-related deaths, accounting for 14-percent while only representing 3-percent of registered motor vehicles.Motorcyclist Safety
To keep everyone safe on the road, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is urging drivers and motorcyclists to be alert and share the road. Motorcyclists are also being reminded to make themselves visible, ride sober and always wear a helmet that meets the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) standard. You can look for the DOT symbol on the back of the helmet.
Safe motorcycling takes good judgment, balance, and coordination. Experienced riders know the traffic laws and they don't take risks. They ride defensively and always leave plenty of room between their bikes and other vehicles. Most motorcycle accidents are caused by other drivers who didn't see the motorcyclist. Safe riding practices from all road users will help decrease the number of deaths and injuries on the road.Types of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Injuries suffered as a result of these types of accidents can be severe and life-altering. You may have suffered whiplash or burns to your head or neck, have nerve damage or spinal cord paralysis, brain injury, broken, fractured or dislocated bones, or even have lost the use of a limb. A California Motorcycle Accident Lawyer can help you get the compensation you need for your injuries.
Watch the video below to find out what you should know about motorcycle accidents.Paying Your Medical Bills and Collecting Damages
I understand that your immediate goal after going through such trauma is to get your medical bills paid and covered, make sure the insurance company will pay for future treatment relating to your injury and make sure you do not suffer financially.
First, we will discuss your situation and go over the options available to you. Secondly, I will work with any of the insurance companies and other parties involved in the case to make sure all your needs are handled quickly and appropriately. And lastly, if your needs are not being met, I have no problem taking these parties to court.Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Sacramento
I'm Ed Smith, a Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney. When a motorcyclist is injured in an accident caused by a negligent driver, the motorcyclist could be entitled to compensation for medical bills and other damages. If you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, call me today for free, friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 11.12.19]Motorcycle Accident FAQs:
- Is a motorcycle injury claim worth pursuing? Should I hire a motorcycle accident attorney?
- I have been in a motorcycle accident and the at fault party does not have insurance. What are my options?
- I have caused a motorcycle accident. What are my options?
- I've been hurt in a motorcycle crash and the at fault party has very little or minimum insurance coverage. How can my bills get paid?
- I’ve been in a motorcycle accident, what should I do at the scene?
- I've been in a motorcycle accident not my fault and the other driver’s insurance company and I disagree on property damage issues? What are my options?
- I've been injured in a motorcycle accident, what should I do first?
- I've been injured in a motorcycle accident, do I have a time limit in which to bring a motorcycle injury claim?
- I've been offered money for my totaled motorcycle by the insurance company. Do I have an option to keep my motorcycle?
- I was in a motorcycle accident and was not wearing a helmet. I broke my leg. The other party was at fault. Will this, nonetheless hurt my case?
- Jury Bias against Motorcycle Riders in Trials Involving Motorcycle Accidents
- More Female Motorcycle Riders Now Hitting The Roads Than Ever Before
- Motorcycle Accidents - Injury to Passengers on Motorcycles
- Motorcycle Accidents involving Pedestrians
- Motorcycle Accident Property Damage Questions and Answers
- Motorcycle Accidents - Sudden Emergency Doctrine
- Motorcycle Conspicuity, Motorcycle Accidents, and the Importance of Being Visible
- My motorcycle was wrecked in an accident not my fault. Who pays to get my motorcycle fixed?
- Spinal Cord Injuries in a Motorcycle Accident
- Study of Motorcycle Accidents
- The Rights of Motorcycle Riders involved in Motorcycle Accidents
- Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
- Ultimate Motorcycle Accident Overview
- What kind of factors may affect the value of a motorcycle injury claim?
- Where is the best source to find out statistics on motorcycle accidents in California?