Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
Hi, I'm Ed Smith, a California car accident lawyer. My law firm not only represents clients who have suffered personal injuries or property damage in auto accidents but also accidents involving motorcycle, truck and bus.
Additionally, my firm also handles other motor vehicle accidents including those involving drunk drivers or hit-and-run drivers, uninsured or underinsured drivers, as well as rollover accidents occurring from a motor vehicle, SUV or semi-tractor trailers.
We also represent those injured in accidents resulting from defective products or design in automobiles and trucks, such as defective seat belts, tires or gas tanks.Handling Lifelong Injuries
Injuries suffered as a result of these types of accidents can be severe and life-altering. You may have suffered whiplash or burns to your head or neck, have nerve damage or spinal cord paralysis, broken or dislocated a bone or limb, or even have lost the use of a limb.
My firm understands that your immediate goals after going through such trauma are to get your medical bills paid and covered, make sure you do not suffer financially through any lost wages, and make sure your insurance company will pay for future treatment relating to your injury.What You Can Expect
When you call, we'll discuss your situation and go over all the options available to you - and as a California auto accident attorney since 1982, I am very familiar with all that will apply to your situation.
I will also work with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case to make sure all your needs are handled quickly and appropriately.
I've put together a video below to explain what you can expect when you meet with me in our initial consultation.Dealing with Dishonest Testimonies
Q: I was in an accident on Highway 80 driving my motorcycle. I had changed lanes from the middle lane to the slow lane preparing to exit the freeway. I had made the lane change and was in the slow lane for about 10 seconds when I was rear-ended by a driver who simply wasn’t paying attention to the road. I suffered serious injuries as a result. I was immediately taken to UCD and the when the police interviewed the driver that struck me, she lied and told the officer that I swerved in front of her at the last minute and could not avoid me. This is entirely true, but I'm wondering how I might combat her testimony?
A: Unfortunately, I see this type of accident frequently. Someone is seriously injured, and the police only interview the party who is uninjured who gives self-serving testimony. Sad but true. I never can understand why people just don’t tell the truth about these situations. It’s why we all carry insurance. One thing I would do as a lawyer is run ads in the Sacramento Bee as well as in Sacramento Craigslist under the Community Section, General Subsection. Something like:
“Did you witness a motorcycle-car collision on December 2nd near Marconi Avenue?
In the ad, we'll let them know you were seriously injured and would ask for any helpful witnesses to come forth and call you.Getting the Other Party to Admit Fault
If your accident happened on a busy freeway, presume there were witnesses and that you will find them. Often, these efforts are successful. If not, an experienced Sacramento car accident attorney would file suit on your behalf and immediately take the deposition of the other driver. By skillfully asking questions, often, even a lying or evasive party can be led into admitting total or partial fault.Car Accident FAQ
Q: Can a car accident cause scoliosis?
A: Auto accidents can cause many types of serious injuries. The spine and back are very vulnerable when you experience a sudden trauma resulting from an auto accident. One type of injury to the spine that is sometimes caused by a car crash is scoliosis. Scoliosis is a curvature of the spine. An individual with scoliosis has an abnormally shaped spine. It is usually curved forming an S or C shape. Other causes of scoliosis include degenerative conditions like muscular dystrophy, congenital conditions in which the bones fail to form properly, and degeneration of spinal disks occurring in advanced aging.
If you are experiencing discomfort in the back region after a car accident, please watch for these signs of traumatic scoliosis and seek medical attention promptly:
- Uneven shoulders
- Tingling or numbness in the legs and/or arms
- Shoulders appear uneven
- Rib cage seems uneven
- One hip feels higher than the other, or both hips seem higher than usual
I'm Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. Car accidents can leave you with lifelong complications. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Sacramento or surrounding areas, contact us online or call us at 916.921.6400 or 800.404.5400 for free, friendly legal advice.
I have been helping Sacramento-area residents receive full compensation they deserve for personal injury and wrongful death cases since 1982.
See a list of our previous verdicts and settlements.
Our former clients have a lot to say about us. See their comments and reviews on the following sites:
If your auto accident has left you in need of quality auto parts, please see our friends at carpart365 who have been in the auto parts industry for 20+ years, and have the ability to locate any part anywhere in the United States.
Photo Attribution: depositphotos.com
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 10.7.19]
- Accidents Involving Disabled Vehicles
- Backover Accidents
- California Self-Driving Car Crash Causes Legal Concerns
- Chronic Vision Concerns and Impact on Driving
- Common Varieties of Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Electric Vehicle Fires
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Injuries Following an Auto Accident
- Innovative Vehicle Safety Features Geared Towards Preventing Accidents
- Laws on Automotive Repair in California
- Livestock and Animals Collisions
- Reckless Driving Accidents
- Road Rage Accidents
- Sacramento Airplane Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Boat Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Bus Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Golf Cart Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Sacramento Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento School Bus Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Tractor Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Train Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Turo Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer
- Speeding and Accidents
- Taxi Accidents
- The Biology and Mechanics of Injuries in an Auto Accident
- The Epidemic of Medications and Car Accidents
- The Injury Healing Process after a Car Accident
- Tow Hitch Accidents
- Types of Car Accidents Handled by a California Personal Injury Lawyer
- Uninsured/Under-insured Motorist Arbitration
- Why Do Young Drivers Have More Accidents?