Bay Point Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Bay Point is located in the East Bay and offers tranquil views of Suisun Bay. Walking is a popular pastime, saves money on transportation, is great exercise and just allows local residents to enjoy the outdoors. Unfortunately, being a pedestrian also comes with the risk of an accident, especially those caused by negligent drivers. If a careless motorist struck you and caused a serious injury, contact our pedestrian injury attorneys in Bay Point. It is always free to call and talk to us. Our law firm will answer your questions and help you recover compensation to pay for your medical expenses, wages lost from being unable to work and for your pain and suffering.Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at AutoAccident.com Advocate for You
Several members of our staff have suffered traumatic injuries. We know how difficult the recovery process can be. We also know how important it is to take the time needed to fully recover from your injuries. We advocate on your behalf so that your injury claim is managed well while you focus on your health and wellbeing. We do our very best to relieve some of the burdens you face. Each step of the way, we'll keep you updated on the status of your personal injury case because we want you to know that we always have your best interests at heart. When you’re injured in a pedestrian accident in Bay Point or Contra Costa County, call us right away at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400 for free advice. It is always free to call and talk to one of our lawyers.A Pedestrian's Guide to Staying Safe
Pedestrians are prone to suffering serious injuries as a result of accidents, and they can stay safer by following these measures:
- Always stay alert.
- Walk on a sidewalk. If one isn’t available, face traffic and walk near the curb. Do not walk along highways and in other restricted areas.
- During the day, wear bright colors, and at night, wear light colors. Wear reflective clothing after dark and carry a flashlight.
- Parking spaces and driveways can be dangerous when drivers back out. Because of limited visibility and preoccupation, the driver might not realize you are walking behind their vehicle.
- Never cross the street in the middle because drivers might not expect to see you there. Always cross at an intersection. Even if you have to walk another block to reach one with a crosswalk and traffic signals, it is much safer.
- Always take care at intersections even if they have designated crosswalks. Before you step off the curb, make sure that traffic has completely stopped.
- When walking, avoid using your phone or texting. These distractions can lead to a serious accident, just as they do with motorists.
- It is dangerous to walk around in public while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Drivers and pedestrians are equally at risk when they are intoxicated.
Having information on the most common causes of pedestrian accidents can help both those on foot, motorists and others. In 2019, the National Safety Council reported almost 8,000 pedestrian deaths and countless injuries. Some of the factors contributing to pedestrian injuries include:
- When a driver is impaired by alcohol or drugs, he/she cannot react quickly or reliably in an emergency.
- Pedestrian accidents are caused by distracted drivers who text, talk on the phone, converse with passengers and do other things instead of paying attention to the road.
- A fatigued driver most likely appears in the afternoon when the sun is bright and during the late-night hours. The driver may not notice a pedestrian crossing in front of him or her because of sleepiness, which makes them less aware of surrounding traffic.
- Speeders represent a major cause of pedestrian injury accidents. Driving too fast requires a longer stopping distance and may result in a loss of control, resulting in the driver striking a person on foot. In addition, the faster the driver is going, the more likely the pedestrian will be killed in the accident.
- When approaching an intersection, a car may not be able to stop in time to avoid striking another vehicle. Cars can be pushed into crosswalks when they collide with the vehicle in front of them.
- Pedestrian injury accidents are frequently caused by motorists who run a red light or stop sign.
A Bay Point pedestrian accident lawyer will be able to assist you in recovering compensation if you suffer injuries caused by a motorist, business or others:
- Those who suffer accident injuries may be able to get reimbursed for all their medical expenses associated with it. The ambulance fee, any surgeries, hospitalizations, medical tests and rehabilitation services are included in the recovery of compensation. For those who require home healthcare, the cost of the caregiver is recoverable as well as any modifications needed for the home such as ramps. The settlement will include future medical care if necessary.
- If you are injured in a pedestrian accident and are unable to work, you can claim lost wages, bonuses and tips as well as pension and insurance benefits, among others. It is taken into account in the settlement if the injured person has to take a job that pays less than their previous employment because they can no longer perform their duties. When permanently disabled by a pedestrian accident, the salary and other benefits until retirement age are factored into the settlement.
- You can seek compensation not only for physical injuries but also for emotional and psychological damage caused by the pedestrian accident. If treatment is sought for post-traumatic stress disorder, the cost can be recovered.
- The loss of consortium, society and affection can be claimed as damages to the marital relationship.
- In addition to compensation for disfigurement and scarring, prosthetic devices and reconstructive surgery costs can be recovered.
Following is a video in which attorney Ed Smith discusses the qualities you should look for in a personal injury lawyer:How Will I Be Compensated After a Pedestrian Accident in Contra Costa County
A pedestrian's injuries are usually handled by the at-fault motorist’s insurance company. Making profits is what insurance companies are all about, so they often try to settle cases early for a low-ball figure and hope the injured party will take it. The insurance company may even go so far as to try and place the blame on the pedestrian, at least in part, in an attempt to lower their payout. It may even reject the claim entirely.
AutoAccident.com's injury lawyers have successfully handled countless cases like these since 1982. The tactics of insurance companies are well known to us, so we can counter their efforts and get our clients fair compensation.
Articles related to this topic:
- Vehicle Speed and Pedestrian Injuries
- Pedestrian Accidents and Bone Fractures
- Safety Concerns for Older Pedestrians
- Disabled Pedestrians and Legal Liability
My name is Ed Smith. I am a Bay Point pedestrian accident attorney. Our free and friendly advice about filing a claim for compensation is available by calling (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400. Contact us online as well. If you would like us to review your case, tell you about options to recover compensation and answer your questions, we can set up a free, no-obligation consultation either in person or virtually. The injury lawyers and staff at AutoAccident.com treat you like family, and you owe nothing until we’ve won your case. View our Settlements and Verdicts page to see how our injury lawyers have helped others.
:cd  bw