Union City Brain Injury Lawyer
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) may occur for a wide array of reasons. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 64,000 deaths were attributed to TBIs in 2020. Some of the common causes of a TBI based on CDC research, include traffic crashes and slip-and-fall accidents. Traumatic brain injuries have the potential to result in short-term or lasting health issues. If the injury was the result of an accident caused by negligence, an injured party may be entitled to financial compensation for their losses.
An accident may have devastating effects on all involved parties. If a crash left you with a TBI, our skilled Union City brain injury attorneys can help you seek full financial compensation for your losses. Learn more by calling for free, friendly case advice at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400.
At our personal injury law firm, we understand how devastating a TBI may be for the injured party and their family. Our team of traumatic brain injury attorneys serving Union City, California, has been helping people just like you obtain the maximum compensation they deserve since 1982. Contact our law office today to schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team. Our family from AutoAccident.com is here to help your family. We represent clients in Alameda County and throughout the Golden State.What is a Traumatic Brain Injury?
A TBI occurs when an external force on the brain leads to permanent or temporary impairment of psychosocial, physical, or cognitive function. Depending on the clinical presentation, a traumatic brain injury may be non-penetrating (closed) or penetrating (open). The severity of the injury may be categorized as severe, moderate, or mild based on clinical findings from the Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS).Is it Important to See the Doctor After an Accident?
It is always a good idea to seek immediate medical treatment after a motor vehicle collision or another type of accident. If you were not treated at the scene by first responders or taken to the hospital via ambulance, it is crucial to schedule an appointment with your primary care provider. Be sure to schedule follow-up appointments as needed and avoid gaps in treatment whenever possible.
Your physician may perform a full examination that may reveal injuries you were unaware of at the time of the incident, like a traumatic brain injury. Another reason why it is important to seek prompt medical care is to document injuries for a claim for damages. Delays in treatment or gaps in medical care may give an insurer a reason to devalue or deny a personal injury claim for an accident.
The insurance company may use delays in treatment as a basis to argue that injuries are not as serious as reported or that a physician would have been seen right away. The insurer may also claim delayed medical care for complaints of pain that may be for unrelated injuries. For these reasons, it is crucial to seek immediate medical attention after an accident in Union City, CA, regardless of how minor injuries seem to appear.How Much is a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim Worth?
The value of a bodily injury claim for an accident varies based on the facts and circumstances unique to the case. Factors that may have an influence on the overall value of a claim may include but are not limited to:
- Comparative Fault: If liability is disputed in an accident, comparative fault may be used as an argument. This may serve to limit the defendant’s liability for the incident. If a claimant shares fault for the cause of an accident, the amount they may receive for their personal injury case may be decreased based on the percentage of negligence that has been assigned to them. This is due to California’s comparative fault law.
- Severity of Accident-Related Injuries: Permanent injury and disability, like severe traumatic brain injuries and other types of head trauma, may have a significant influence on the value of a personal injury claim. This is due to the reasonable and necessary need for future medical treatment, loss of future earning potential, and other disability-related losses from an accident.
- Insurance Coverage Available for Claim: If the party responsible for the incident has state minimum insurance requirements or no liability coverage, this may put a claimant in a predicament. That is why it is essential to carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. That way, you will always have your UM/UIM protection to fall back on in these situations. Our law firm recommends carrying $100,000/$300,000 in UM/UIM benefits.
There may be other factors that may influence the value of a claim for damages. Our Union City traumatic brain injury attorneys may review your accident case in detail and discuss those factors with you during a free consultation. Learn about our services in this video.What an Attorney Can Do for You and Your Traumatic Brain Injury Case
Even a minor accident may cause traumatic injuries and financial hardship. It is in your best interest to consult a brain injury lawyer after an accident in Union City, California. This should be done before providing recorded statements to the insurer regarding the incident and your injuries. An attorney can handle all aspects of your case, including:
- Evaluating the facts and circumstances of your case in a free consultation to determine if you have grounds for a claim
- Conduct an independent investigation into the incident to determine how it occurred and identify which parties are responsible for causing it
- Collect evidence to establish liability before it is lost or destroyed over time
- Document economic and non-economic damages to determine the value of an accident case involving a TBI
- Work with expert witnesses whenever necessary to build a strong case for full financial recovery of damages associated with a traumatic brain injury from an accident
- Prepare and file a personal injury lawsuit when needed to protect the statute of limitations and to move forward into litigation
These are just some of the many things that an experienced Union City brain injury lawyer from AutoAccident.com will do for our clients to protect their rights. We are dedicated to helping our clients hold at-fault parties accountable and seeking the maximum compensation possible in their cases. Learn more by setting up a free consultation.Union City Traumatic Brain Injury FAQ
What type of compensation can you recover in a TBI case?
In California, a party injured in an accident caused by the negligent actions of another party or entity may be entitled to compensation for economic and non-economic damages they have suffered. In some rare cases, punitive damages may be awarded and serve the sole purpose of punishing the other side for their egregious conduct.
How much does it cost to hire a lawyer for a brain injury case?
If you are concerned about the costs of legal representation after an accident, don’t be. Most injury attorneys in California, like ours from AutoAccident.com, operate on contingency. When you hire us as your Union City brain injury lawyers, you will not owe us anything unless we obtain a successful result in your TBI case.Contact a Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney Serving Union City, CA
When you need a brain injury attorney in Union City you can trust, look no further. At AutoAccident.com, our legal team has represented clients in Union City and surrounding communities since 1982. Our lawyers have secured full financial compensation for clients through case settlements and verdicts. Contact us anytime for free, friendly advice on your potential TBI case at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400.
Photo by Anna Shvets” via Pexels ds llo [cs 1352]