Union City Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Union City is located in Alameda County and is home to over 68,000 people. Its location in proximity to major Bay Area cities such as San Jose, San Francisco, and Oakland make it prone to traffic congestion. The unfortunate reality is that people are injured every day in motor vehicle collisions or other types of accidents in Union City and throughout Alameda County. Whatever type of incident left you injured, do not delay contacting an experienced personal injury lawyer in California. Unlike the other side and the insurance company, your attorney will protect your rights and guide you through the claims process to maximize your chance of obtaining full compensation for your losses.
When dealing with injuries from a car accident or another type of incident, you may have many questions and concerns. At AutoAccident.com, our Union City personal injury attorneys are available to answer your questions and provide free, friendly case advice at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400.
At AutoAccident.com, our California personal injury lawyers provide legal representation to residents in Union City and throughout Alameda County. Regardless of the type of accident case our legal team is handling, our approach is always the same. We work to provide personalized legal support and guidance while working diligently to obtain a successful case result on behalf of our clients. If you were injured in an accident in Union City and have questions about paying medical bills, recovering wage loss, and anything else related to your crash, our legal team is here for you. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled injury attorneys.What is a Bodily Injury Claim?
When a person has suffered injuries in an accident in Union City through no fault of their own, they may be entitled to financial recovery for their losses. The process usually involves filing a bodily injury claim against the insurance company that represents the negligent party or entity. Recovering financial compensation in these cases is not always straightforward. There are many factors with a potential influence on the value of a personal injury claim.How is the Value of a Personal Injury Case Determined?
A wide array of factors is considered regarding the potential value of a bodily injury claim. Therefore, it is essential to retain legal counsel to conduct a thorough analysis of the facts and circumstances that surround the case. Such a demanding task should be left to a skilled and top-rated Union City personal injury attorney to handle. Your lawyer will consider the following in your case:
- The severity of property damage from the incident
- The extent of injuries in connection with the car wreck
- Diminished earning capacity from permanent injury or disability
- Amount of evidence available to establish liability and accident-related injuries
- Pre-existing injuries that have been exacerbated or worsened from the collision in question
- Total medical expenses, including past and future treatment that is deemed reasonable and necessary
- Involvement of disputed liability for the incident which may potentially fall under comparative fault in California
- Insurance policy limits, including the at-fault party’s bodily injury liability coverage limits and the claimant’s uninsured/underinsured motorist limits
While there is no deadline to retain legal counsel for a car wreck, it is recommended that an injured individual hires an attorney immediately. This serves the purpose of protecting their rights and best interests. A skilled Union City car accident lawyer will work to negotiate a reasonable settlement agreement with the insurer. If attempts at this have been exhausted, the attorney will file the matter in civil court to proceed with litigation and protect the statute of limitations.
The statute of limitations refers to the deadline that applies to cases. For personal injury matters, the time limit is generally two years from the incident date, per CCP 335.1. However, specific exceptions may apply. In an accident case that involves a municipality, a notice of claim must be filed with the City of Union City or another appropriate government entity within six months. For more information, refer to the California Government Code Section 911.2 or contact an experienced injury lawyer near you.What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do for My Accident Case?
A personal injury attorney serving clients in Union City, California, such as ours from AutoAccident.com, can guide you through the claims process. Our legal team will work diligently to build a strong case for full financial recovery on your behalf. We will:
- Work on Contingency: Most California personal injury attorneys, like ours from AutoAccident.com, handle Union City accident cases on contingent fee agreements. This means that no fees are due upfront for legal representation. Attorney’s fees will come directly from a successful case result, so you do not have to worry about paying anything out of pocket.
- Gather Evidence: An injury lawyer from our law office will work to secure evidence before it is lost or destroyed over time. This includes evidence for establishing liability, such as traffic incident reports by Union City PD or the CHP, and the resulting losses. From there, the attorney will calculate all past and future damages and provide compelling evidence to demonstrate the full amount of financial compensation you deserve.
- Deal with Insurance Companies: Insurers will do everything possible to limit the payment they offer you or even deny your personal injury claim. Insurance adjusters are trained to devalue claims to convince injured parties into accepting a settlement that is far less than what they deserve. When you retain legal counsel, they will handle written and verbal communication with the insurance carrier on your behalf. They will compile the documents necessary to support your accident claim for damages.
- Handle Negotiations: An accident attorney from our law firm will prepare a demand letter to the insurance company that represents the at-fault party or your insurer. This letter will request compensation that adequately addresses your injuries and damages. If the insurer refuses to make a reasonable settlement offer, your attorney will explore other options, such as filing the case in civil court to start the litigation process.
- Take the Case to Trial: You can rest assured that your auto accident case is in good hands should trial become necessary. Our law firm’s proven strategies have resulted in many successful verdicts. When insurance companies attempt to dispute the impact of accident-related injuries or unfairly shift the blame on you, our skilled Union City car accident lawyers from AutoAccident.com will stand up for you and fight to protect your rights and best interests.
When an accident occurs, it is essential to understand the personal injury claims process and your rights in recovering financial compensation in California. If you are considering taking legal action, retain legal counsel immediately to protect your best interests. Our injury attorneys from Union City have gathered answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Should I accept the first settlement offer from the insurance company?
Insurance carriers are businesses at the end of the day. Therefore, the primary goal of an insurer is to maximize profit margins. That is generally accomplished through minimizing payouts for bodily injury claims. For a claimant such as yourself, the first settlement offer from the insurance company may not account for all your losses and will not have your best interests at heart.
Filing a claim for an accident in Union City without a lawyer or accepting the first settlement offer may drastically decrease your chances of a favorable outcome. It is worthwhile to retain legal counsel who can build a strong case for maximum compensation, so the insurance carrier does not take advantage of you and leave you significantly underpaid.
Is it expensive to hire a personal injury attorney to handle an accident case?
Most personal injury attorneys serving Union City, California, such as ours from AutoAccident.com, offer free consultations and work on a contingent fee basis. This means you have nothing to lose and so much to gain when consulting with an accident lawyer about your case at no cost to you. When an attorney handles a personal injury case on contingency, this means that a client will not be on the hook for upfront costs for legal representation. Attorney’s fees are only owed if a successful outcome is obtained.
When should I hire a lawyer for a Union City accident case?
The insurance company may reach out to request a recorded statement or signed release. These are some of the many defense tactics that insurers may use to devalue or deny claims. When faced with this, politely decline, and refer them to your personal injury attorney if you have one. If you have not yet retained legal counsel, do so immediately. Your Union City car accident lawyer will know what needs to happen to improve your chance of recovering maximum financial compensation.Contact a Personal Injury Attorney Serving Union City, California
At AutoAccident.com, our legal team understands that traumatic injuries from an accident may seriously impact your life. Our team of skilled and compassionate personal injury lawyers serving Union City, California, are devoted to helping clients obtain full financial compensation for their losses. When you are ready to take legal action, we will be here to help you obtain maximum recovery through a case settlement or verdict. Call for free, friendly advice at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400.
Photograph Source: “GriffinWooldridge” via Pexels ds llo [cs 1641]