August Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
August is a small port and industrial city located in California's Central Valley, just northeast of Stockton. The town lies along State Route 99, creating easy access to an ideal agricultural, distribution, and transportation center. Residents of this city spend an average of 26 minutes commuting to work. While the population of August is almost 8,500, the chances of an accident still remain high for those living and traveling in the area.
As with any accident, emotional and physical trauma can arise from a personal injury and lead to financial hardship for those affected. In these situations, an experienced personal injury law firm can help those injured in an accident recover the monetary compensation they deserve for their losses.Types of Personal Injury Cases
Some common types of personal injury cases handled by an August personal injury lawyer include:
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Crashes
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Farming Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Trucking Collisions
- Wrongful Death
In a matter of seconds, an accident can leave a person with a severe personal injury. Any accident injury can create emotional, physical, and financial concerns for the injured party and the family. If the injured person is the primary provider for their family, this can make it even more challenging if they are temporarily or permanently unable to return to work while facing mounting medical expenses.
This is where the assistance of an experienced August personal injury attorney can make a difference. An attorney can focus on the needs of the client and their family and help them claim the compensation they need and deserve.How is Personal Injury Compensation Calculated?
Since the facts and circumstances of each personal injury case are unique, there are several ways for which compensation is calculated. Compensation in each case is divided into two types of damages, economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are easy to calculate as they refer to actual expenses, including medical costs, the cost of traveling to and from medical appointments, and wage loss.
Noneconomic damages refer to the pain and suffering a person faces from a personal injury. Since people react differently to the psychological, physical, and emotional trauma related to an accident, the extent of pain and suffering can differ.What Evidence Supports My Personal Injury Claim?
The successful outcome of a personal injury case varies upon the evidence provided for the claim. A thorough examination of the medical records and medical history of the injured party is necessary to compare how the accident altered their lives. Medical research about the diagnosed injuries, the treatments provided, and their probable outcomes are also crucial in determining the extent of trauma and pain and suffering.
Moreover, requests for formal medical physician reports and depositions or interviews with the treating physicians are also necessary forms of evidence for proving a personal injury. Other helpful evidence includes a ledger of the injured person's medical appointments and reports from therapists.Is There Enough Insurance?
In every case, an experienced injury lawyer will look into whether there is enough insurance to cover the extent of subsequent damages. When the party responsible for the accident does not have insurance, the chances of recovering compensation are minimal. For instance, a dog bite injury is usually covered by the homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance of the dog's owner. If the dog bite or attack occurs close to a car, automobile insurance may also apply.
Conversely, auto insurance may cover personal injuries caused by a car wreck. If the driver responsible for the crash does not have insurance, the injured party may file a claim against their own car insurance if they carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. If the injured person does not have this coverage, they may claim damages from the at-fault party. However, this is not possible in all cases unless the negligent person has independent wealth.Statute of Limitations
A personal injury claim must be filed within two years from the date of loss in California. This time limit is known as the statute of limitations. In the case of a minor, the statute may be tolled or extended until they turn 18 years old. As the evidence and facts of each case vary, the statute may not always be tolled. For this reason, reaching out to an experienced injury attorney is essential to discuss the details of your case.What if I Can't Afford to Hire a Lawyer?
Many people are under the impression that they cannot afford legal representation in a personal injury case. However, most personal injury lawyers do not charge high hourly fees or large lump sums. Most injury attorneys handle cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning no fees are due upfront. A fee is only to be paid if the lawyer can successfully resolve the case on your behalf.What to Look for in an August Personal Injury Attorney
Finding a personal injury attorney to handle your case is not always easy. There are thousands of injury lawyers and auto accident lawyers in California, many of whom take on cases in August. The search for a reputable August car accident lawyer can seem overwhelming, especially if you do not know what to look for in one. Some of the things you should consider when seeking legal counsel include:
- When you consult with potential lawyers, choose one that cares about the needs of you and your family. A lawyer who spends countless hours getting to know injured clients and their families will get a better idea of how their life was like before the accident. The attorney can compare how the family is functioning now and hire multiple specialists to provide more in-depth insight into who you are, what you have lost, and how the injury from the accident has affected you and your family.
- Make sure the attorney practices only personal injury law. Attorneys who do so know how to navigate the legal complexities of a personal injury case, as well as how to communicate effectively with insurance companies to reach a favorable outcome on your behalf. If an agreement cannot be reached between your attorney and the insurance agency, your attorney should have no problem taking your case to trial, if necessary.
- Choose an attorney who feels confident and comfortable presenting a personal injury lawsuit in a trial against an insurance company. Since these trials can be expensive, you want to choose a law firm with the resources to present a case to a jury if you do not receive a fair settlement offer from the insurance company.
- Select a lawyer with a proven history of high settlements and verdicts. You want a lawyer who has obtained high amounts of compensation for their clients, not one willing to settle for whatever amount the insurance company offers for the claim.
To learn more about how to choose a reputable August auto accident attorney, watch the below video.August Auto Accident FAQ
What are the most dangerous intersections in August, CA?
The intersections in August with the highest number of car wrecks from 2015-2017 include the following:
- Alpine Avenue and Wilson Way
- Broadway Avenue and Waterloo Road
- Cherokee Road and Filbert Street
- D Street and Willow Street
- Fremont Street and State Route 99
- Redwood Avenue and Mistletoe Avenue
- Sanguinetti Lane and Wilson Way
- Stewart Street and F Street
- Waterloo Road at Sierra Lane
- Wilson Way and Belvedere Avenue
The consequences of an accident are endless. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, please call our experienced August personal injury lawyers anytime at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 10.15.21]
:ds cha [cs 1444]