August Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
In the heart of California's Central Valley, northeast of Stockton, lies August, a small but bustling port and industrial city. Positioned along State Route 99, this town enjoys a strategic location that makes it an agricultural, distribution, and transportation hub. With such convenient access to major transportation routes, August is an important center for various regional industries.
Commuting in August is relatively hassle-free, with residents spending an average of 26 minutes traveling to work. This efficient commute time allows individuals to balance their personal and professional lives more effectively, contributing to the community's overall well-being. Although August has a population of nearly 8,500, accidents remain a concern for residents and travelers passing through the area. Even in a smaller city, the risk of accidents is ever-present, highlighting the importance of vigilance and caution on the roads.
When an accident occurs, the consequences can be profound, resulting in emotional and physical trauma, often leading to financial hardship for those involved. In such trying times, seeking the assistance of a reputable personal injury law firm becomes crucial. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an accident, do not hesitate to seek legal help. By calling us at (209) 227-1931, you can arrange a free case evaluation with our dedicated team of personal injury attorneys.Types of Personal Injury Cases
Some common types of personal injury cases handled by an August personal injury lawyer include:
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Crashes
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Farming Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Trucking Collisions
- Wrongful Death
In a matter of seconds, an accident can leave a person with a severe personal injury. Any accident injury can create emotional, physical, and financial concerns for the injured party and the family. If the injured person is the primary provider for their family, this can make it even more challenging if they are temporarily or permanently unable to return to work while facing mounting medical expenses.
This is where the assistance of an experienced August personal injury attorney can make a difference. An attorney can focus on the client's and their family's needs and help them claim the compensation they need and deserve.How is Personal Injury Compensation Calculated?
Since the facts and circumstances of each personal injury case are unique, there are several ways in which compensation is calculated. Compensation in each case is divided into two types of damages, economic and noneconomic damages.
Economic damages are easy to calculate, including medical costs, traveling to and from medical appointments, and wage loss.
Noneconomic damages refer to a person's pain and suffering from a personal injury. Since people react differently to an accident's psychological, physical, and emotional trauma, the extent of pain and suffering can differ.What Evidence Supports My Personal Injury Claim?
The successful outcome of a personal injury case varies on the evidence provided for the claim. A thorough examination of the injured party's medical records and medical history is necessary to compare how the accident altered their lives. Medical research about the diagnosed injuries, the treatments provided, and probable outcomes are also crucial in determining the extent of trauma, pain, and suffering.
Moreover, requests for formal medical physician reports and depositions or interviews with the treating physicians are also necessary evidence to prove a personal injury. Other helpful evidence includes a ledger of the injured person's medical appointments and therapist reports.Is There Enough Insurance?
In every case, an experienced injury lawyer will determine whether there is enough insurance to cover the extent of subsequent damages. When the party responsible for the accident does not have insurance, the chances of recovering compensation are minimal. For instance, a dog bite injury is usually covered by the homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance of the dog's owner. Automobile insurance may also apply if a dog bite or attack occurs near a car.
Conversely, auto insurance may cover personal injuries caused by a car wreck. If the driver responsible for the crash does not have insurance, the injured party may file a claim against their own car insurance if they carry uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. If the injured person does not have this coverage, they may claim damages from the at-fault party. However, this is impossible unless the negligent person has independent wealth.Statute of Limitations
A personal injury claim must be filed within two years from the date of loss in California. This time limit is known as the statute of limitations. The statute may be tolled or extended for a minor until they turn 18 years old. As the evidence and facts of each case vary, the statute may not always be tolled. For this reason, reaching out to an experienced injury attorney is essential to discuss the details of your case.What if I Can't Afford to Hire a Lawyer?
Many people are under the impression that they cannot afford legal representation in a personal injury case. However, most personal injury lawyers do not charge high hourly fees or large lump sums. Most injury attorneys handle cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning no fees are due upfront. A fee will only be paid if the lawyer can resolve the case on your behalf.What to Look for in an August Personal Injury Attorney
Finding a personal injury attorney to handle your case is not always easy. There are thousands of injury and auto accident lawyers in California, many of whom take on cases in August. Searching for a reputable August car accident lawyer can seem overwhelming, especially if you do not know what to look for. Some of the things you should consider when seeking legal counsel include the following:
- When you consult with potential lawyers, choose one that cares about your and your family's needs. A lawyer who spends countless hours getting to know injured clients and their families will better understand their life before the accident. The attorney can compare how the family functions now and hire multiple specialists to provide more in-depth insight into who you are, what you have lost, and how the injury from the accident has affected you and your family.
- Make sure the attorney practices only personal injury law. Attorneys who do so know how to navigate the legal complexities of a personal injury case, as well as how to communicate effectively with insurance companies to reach a favorable outcome on your behalf. If your attorney and the insurance agency cannot agree, your attorney should have no problem taking your case to trial, if necessary.
- Choose an attorney who feels confident and comfortable presenting a personal injury lawsuit in a trial against an insurance company. Since these trials can be expensive, you want to choose a law firm with the resources to present a case to a jury if you do not receive a fair settlement offer from the insurance company.
- Select a lawyer with a proven history of high settlements and verdicts. You want a lawyer who has obtained high amounts of compensation for their clients, not one willing to settle for whatever amount the insurance company offers for the claim.
To learn more about how to choose a reputable August auto accident attorney, watch the below video.August Traffic Accident FAQ
What are the most dangerous intersections in August, CA?
The intersections in August with the highest number of car wrecks from 2015-2017 include the following:
- Alpine Avenue and Wilson Way
- Broadway Avenue and Waterloo Road
- Cherokee Road and Filbert Street
- D Street and Willow Street
- Fremont Street and State Route 99
- Redwood Avenue and Mistletoe Avenue
- Sanguinetti Lane and Wilson Way
- Stewart Street and F Street
- Waterloo Road at Sierra Lane
- Wilson Way and Belvedere Avenue
The consequences of an accident are endless. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, please call our experienced August personal injury lawyers anytime at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
Editor's Note: updated 10.31.23 ds cha [cs 1368]