Newark Brain Injury Lawyer
Catastrophic accidents can potentially cause serious injuries, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). These injuries often occur from blunt force trauma to the head and range in severity from mild, moderate, and severe. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for TBIs to occur due to the negligence or carelessness of others. Traumatic brain injuries may result from motor vehicle collisions, slip-and-falls, and other types of accidents. Knowing that financial compensation may be sought in these situations through a bodily injury claim is helpful.
At AutoAccident.com, our legal team has extensive experience handling TBI cases in California. Our skilled Newark brain injury lawyers know what it takes to build a strong case for maximum compensation. Call (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly case advice from one of our attorneys.
A skilled Newark brain injury attorney from AutoAccident.com can help you seek full financial recovery from the party or entity who caused your TBI and damages. Our legal team will work tirelessly to secure the monetary compensation you need for your medical bills, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and other losses through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Let our TBI attorneys investigate your Newark accident, build a strong case, and advocate for your best interests while you focus on recovering or caring for your injured family member.Importance of Medical Treatment for a TBI
Treatment of a traumatic brain injury will depend on the severity of the injury. It may include rehabilitation, prescription medication, surgical intervention, and more. It is crucial to seek prompt medical care after an accident if you suffered blunt force trauma to the head. Immediate medical treatment may help prevent further damage and improve patient outcomes.
In a personal injury case, immediate medical care may help connect the incident and the TBI. Without medical records and documentation of a traumatic brain injury, proving that the injury resulted from the incident may be challenging. This may cause insurers to question reported injuries and claim they are unrelated to the accident.What Types of Losses are Recoverable in TBI Accident Cases?
In California, parties injured in accidents through no fault of their own may be entitled to reimbursement for economic and non-economic damages. In a traumatic brain injury case, the following losses may be recovered:
- Costs of medical treatment, including rehabilitation, physical therapy, medical appliances, surgical intervention, prescription medications, and more
- Lost earnings if an injured party is unable to work due to recovery and attend medical appointments
- Diminished earning potential if permanent injury or disability suffered in the incident has resulted in a decrease in income and career prospects in the future
- Out-of-pocket expenses for renovations to the home and vehicle to provide accommodations for accident-related injuries, like severe head trauma
- Pain and suffering for the physical effects and emotional suffering caused by injuries suffered in an accident, such as a TBI
At AutoAccident.com, our Newark TBI attorneys work diligently to recover past and future losses on behalf of our clients. Learn more by scheduling a free consultation with a member of our team today.Understanding the Personal Injury Claims Process
The first step for those who have sustained injuries in an accident, like a TBI, is to seek medical treatment immediately, even if you believe your injuries are minor. Physicians are trained to observe signs of various crash injuries, like TBIs. From there, contacting a Newark brain injury attorney is crucial for assistance. Your TBI lawyer can help you with your case by:
- Reviewing your traumatic brain injury case in detail in a free consultation, listening to your story, and determining if you have grounds for a claim for damages
- Working with you closely and providing you regular updates on the status of your personal injury case throughout the claims process
- Conducting a thorough investigation into the collision to determine who is liable for the incident and the resulting damages
- Handling communications and negotiations with defense counsel and insurance carriers to reach a mutual settlement agreement
- Preparing a solid case to present in court if all attempts at a favorable settlement agreement have been exhausted with the other side
At AutoAccident.com, we aim to handle all aspects of personal injury cases so our clients can focus on rebuilding their lives. When you turn to us for assistance, you can depend on our legal team to be responsive to all your questions and concerns about your TBI case. Learn how we can help you with your case by setting up a free consultation or watching this video about our services.Importance of Working with an Attorney on a TBI Case
Working with a traumatic brain injury lawyer in the City of Newark may be essential for those who have suffered a TBI or another type of head trauma due to an incident. Following are some of the reasons why it is crucial to retain legal counsel after an accident:
- Emotional Support: Given that an accident causing head trauma is a life-changing event, it is not uncommon for injured parties to feel stressed and overwhelmed. A skilled injury attorney may provide the emotional support needed during this trying time. They will also handle all aspects of the case to allow the time needed to rebuild your life after a traumatic accident.
- Experience and Knowledge: California personal injury lawyers have experience and knowledge in handling head trauma cases. They understand a TBI's emotional, physical, and financial hardship and can navigate the claims process to ensure that a client receives full financial compensation for their losses.
- Legal Guidance: Personal injury cases involving TBIs may be challenging to navigate, particularly for those without legal representation. A skilled TBI attorney in Newark, California, can provide you and your family with the legal guidance needed to make well-informed decisions on your case.
How long do I have to file a personal injury lawsuit for a TBI?
A time limit known as the statute of limitations applies to personal injury cases. Under CCP 335.1, a two-year deadline usually applies. If a settlement is not reached with the insurer for a TBI case within the time limit, a lawsuit must be filed in the appropriate jurisdiction within two years. Few exceptions may apply in these cases. Therefore, it is essential to retain legal counsel to ensure that the statute of limitations is not missed in your case.
How much does hiring an attorney for a brain injury case cost?
Most personal injury attorneys in California, like ours from AutoAccident.com, handle cases under contingent fee agreements. This means an attorney only receives payment for legal representation if they obtain a successful result in your TBI case. It is essential to note that attorney's fees generally increase once the traumatic brain injury case moves into litigation.Contact a Brain Injury Attorney in Newark, California
Suffering injuries, such as a TBI, in an accident may be life-changing. The good news is that a skilled Newark brain injury attorney will know how to build a strong case for full financial recovery through a settlement or verdict on your behalf. Call (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400 to schedule a meeting for free, friendly case advice with a California TBI lawyer.
Photo Credit: "Anna Shvets" on Pexels
:ds [cs 1224] cha