Castro Valley Car Accident Lawyer
The San Francisco Bay Area consists of busy city streets, beautiful waterfronts, and small towns. The driving conditions in the Bay Area are diverse and plentiful, including Alameda County. The pace of modern life is accelerating in cities such as Castro Valley, and traffic congestion here is not uncommon. Drivers who are in a hurry often disregard roadway safety practices and cause traffic crashes. Whether you are on Interstate 680, I-580, or Crow Canyon Road in Castro Valley, California, an auto accident may occur anywhere and anytime.
When it comes to full recovery after a car crash, insurers are not on your side. A skilled Castro Valley auto accident attorney can seek a resolution that fully compensates you for damages. Learn more and receive free, friendly case advice from our lawyers at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400.
At AutoAccident.com, our legal team has extensive experience with personal injury cases in California. We have handled cases involving motor vehicle collisions and other types of accidents since 1982. Our Castro Valley car accident lawyers have comprehensive knowledge of the various sources of financial recovery available following crashes. We have the resources to optimize financial recovery for clients, and we can do the same for you and your traffic collision case. Do not delay. Reach out to our law office today for a free case evaluation to learn more about us and our services.What are the Most Common Injuries From a Roadway Accident?
Occupants in a motor vehicle may strike the steering wheel, airbags, dashboard, or windshield at the point of impact in a traffic collision. Motor vehicle occupants may also be struck by debris or unsecured cargo from the crash. The common injuries resulting from car wrecks include:
- Bone Fractures: The upper and lower extremities are particularly susceptible to injury in a traffic collision. Blunt force trauma to an area of the body may result in a broken bone. Fractures may require extensive treatment or surgical intervention.
- Burns and Lacerations: Suffering burns and lacerations in a collision can be painful. In some cases, the lacerations and burns may be unsightly and leave the injured party with disfiguring scars. Plastic or reconstructive surgery may be necessary to revise the appearance of the scarring from the injury.
- Head Injuries: Head trauma may range in severity from mild to serious. It is essential to note that head injuries or TBIs may not present symptoms immediately. However, these conditions may be devastating and often require life-long medical care.
- Internal Trauma: High-impact collisions may cause blunt force trauma to vital organs, which may result in internal bleeding or organ failure. The internal organs that are commonly damaged in roadway crashes include the liver, spleen, and kidneys.
- Wrongful Death: If accident-related injuries prove to be fatal, the deceased’s surviving family members may be eligible for financial recovery through a wrongful death action. Eligibility for filing based on the relationship with the decedent is outlined in the California Code of Civil Procedure Section 377.60.
An experienced California personal injury lawyer can help an injured party determine what their Castro Valley auto accident case is worth based on the facts and circumstances of the matter. Those who suffer injuries in car crashes through no fault of their own may be reimbursed for economic and non-economic damages. This may include but is not limited to:
- Past and future costs of medical treatment for injuries related to the crash
- Lost earnings and any future reduction in income resulting from accident-related injuries
- Pain and suffering for the emotional trauma and physical pain that traffic collision injuries have caused
Crash-related injuries may require costly and extensive medical treatment. This may often leave injured parties with mounting medical expenses and force them to miss time at work for treatment and recovery. If you were injured in a car wreck caused by another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact a Castro Valley auto accident attorney for a free case evaluation.How Much is a Car Crash Claim Worth?
There is no exact formula for calculating the fair value of a settlement for an auto wreck. Therefore, an in-depth assessment by an injury lawyer is necessary for determining how much a car accident case is worth. Factors that may be considered in a settlement amount for a bodily injury claim may include:
- How much liability coverage the defendant carries
- The total amount of the injured party’s property damage
- How much the claimant contributed to the cause of the motor vehicle crash
- The severity of the claimant’s injuries, emotional trauma, physical pain, disfigurement, and scarring
- The amount of uninsured and underinsured motorist protection the claimant has on their insurance policy
- The cost of reasonable and necessary medical care for collision-related injuries, including future treatment
- The total amount of lost earnings for treatment and recovery, including diminished earning potential if serious injuries are involved
There is a unique set of facts and circumstances associated with every auto crash case. These may influence the overall value of a bodily injury claim. An experienced car accident lawyer in Castro Valley can review your case in detail in a free consultation and advise you on your options for recovery.Dealing With Insurers After a Castro Valley Traffic Wreck
Insurers are businesses and operate as such. The duty and responsibility of a claims adjuster is to protect profit margins for the insurance company. This is accomplished by denying, delaying, or devaluing bodily injury claims for car crashes and other types of accidents. When an injured party retains legal counsel, their job is to protect the claimant, their rights, and best interests. A car accident lawyer serving Castro Valley, California, will handle verbal and written communications with the insurance carrier and ensure that their client receives full compensation for their injuries and damages.
Due to the challenges of most car accident cases and navigating the bodily injury claims process, it is essential to consult with a lawyer and retain legal counsel immediately. Doing so often results in a favorable case resolution. No matter where you find yourself in Castro Valley or elsewhere in Alameda County, if a crash occurs, you deserve the best auto accident lawyer in California. A skilled attorney can protect your rights against difficult insurers and investigate the incident to the fullest extent to properly establish liability and damages.Is it Expensive to Hire a Lawyer for a Castro Valley Car Crash Case?
In most personal injury cases for motor vehicle wrecks, attorneys charge clients on a contingent fee basis. Under this arrangement, a lawyer only gets paid when the client gets paid. If an attorney is not able to secure a successful resolution in a car accident case, the costs of legal representation will not be due. At AutoAccident.com, we operate on contingency and offer free consultations. For more information, schedule a meeting for a free case evaluation with a member of our legal team. We are available anytime to assist you with your case.How Much Time Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit for a Traffic Collision?
In most cases, claimants have up to two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court for an auto crash. This is outlined in CCP 335.1. If a wreck involves a vehicle owned by a government agency, a different deadline applies. Claimants have six months to file a notice of claim, according to the California Government Code Section 911.2. For more details, contact a Castro Valley accident lawyer for assistance.Castro Valley Auto Accident FAQ
What if the driver responsible for the car wreck has minimal or no liability coverage?
When an at-fault motorist has state minimum liability coverage limits or no auto insurance, an injured party may have to fall back on their plan. A claimant’s uninsured and underinsured motorist protection may reimburse them for losses. When you must file a UM or UIM claim for injuries and damages with your insurer, remember that they will not make the process easy for you. It is best to work with an auto accident attorney in Castro Valley with experience handling UM/UIM claims.
How will I be compensated for my injuries in a hit-and-run auto accident?
There are options for recovering compensation after a hit-and-run in Castro Valley, California. If the suspect party goes unidentified, it is essential to work with an attorney that has the resources to work with a private investigator to locate them. Your car accident lawyer will work to determine if other sources of recovery may apply. For instance, UM coverage may pay for losses in a hit-and-run even if the suspect party is not found. For more details, contact a skilled attorney near you.Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Castro Valley, California
Our legal team at AutoAccident.com is committed to protecting the rights and interests of those injured in motor vehicle collisions through no fault of their own. When you turn to our California personal injury law firm for assistance, we will not let difficult insurance companies and defense counsel get in the way of securing the full compensation you deserve in a verdict or settlement. If you were injured in a recent crash, request free, friendly case advice from one of our skilled and compassionate Castro Valley car accident lawyers at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400.
Photo Credit: “TarasMakarenko” on Pexels
:ds [cs 1599] bw