Yuba City Slip and Fall Lawyer
When you've suffered a significant injury caused by a slip and fall, you need help to obtain the compensation you deserve. The injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com work hard to find the cause of your slip and fall accident, collect the evidence to support your claim and help you get that compensation. You should not have to bear the financial costs when you have been injured due to another's fault.AutoAccident.com Helps in Your Time of Need
The injury lawyers and staff at our law firm understand how physically damaging a slip and fall can be because you may be unable to work. You can learn about legal options to recover your financial losses by consulting with a Yuba City slip and fall lawyer. Uneven surfaces, slick floors, or poorly placed objects are frequently caused by carelessness or poor maintenance on the property.
You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries if this is the case. An injury lawsuit lets you hold a negligent party accountable. Contact our slip and fall attorneys in Yuba City at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 today to learn how we can help you. We offer friendly, free advice about your case.Who is Responsible for Slip and Fall Accidents?
In the event of a slip and fall accident on the property, the following persons or entities may be liable:
- Homeowners, if the injured person is not trespassing
- Rental properties may involve the lessee or owner
- Commercial property owners such as businesses, groceries, and other stores
- Government properties such as buildings, parks, and other areas where they hold jurisdiction
- Attractions such as theme parks, concerts, fairs, and other public locations or events
- Public transportation areas such as airports or train and bus stations
- National parks, if the area and trails lack warning signs and safety measures are not provided
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than half of these workplace accidents involve spills on floors. Still, there are also many other hazards a pedestrian should look out for to avoid injury. Slip and fall accidents are caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Water or other spills on a floor cause the most slip-and-fall accidents, especially in commercial establishments.
- Parking lots, sidewalks, and curbs can be dangerous to pedestrians if the concrete has heaved up, broken, or caused other problems. This can occur on either commercial, private, or government properties.
- Overhead or stacked items in stores that fall can leave a trip hazard in shoppers' paths.
- Leaky drink or ice machines in restaurants, grocery, or convenience stores can cause accidents.
- Trip hazards in buildings can be caused by loose floorboards, bunched carpeting, improperly secured cords, and loose mats.
- The lack of slip-proof or rubberized mats at a store's entrance during inclement weather increases the risk of slipping and falling.
- Poor employee training can cause an accident if they do not clean up hazards quickly and monitor the area regularly.
- Poorly maintained stairwells in private, commercial, or government buildings can lead to accidents. Lack of maintenance can include loose threads, bad lighting, and wobbly handrails.
- For workers, a lack of safety measures can violate OSHA standards when they result in a slip and fall with injuries.
- An elevator that is not leveled correctly can result in a trip hazard.
Common slip and fall injuries are:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Falls are a cause of traumatic brain injuries. When a fall causes a head injury, the brain ricochets against the rough interior surfaces of the skull. This can lead to severe brain damage. According to Mayo Clinic, an individual should look out for specific symptoms such as a severe headache. You should seek medical care immediately if you experience seizures, extreme sleepiness, vomiting, loss of consciousness, or unequal pupils.
- Injury to the muscles, tendons, and bones: These slip and fall injuries include dislocations, fractures, sprains, and trauma to the muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Although younger or middle-aged people usually heal from these types of trauma with time and care, it can be a different story for an older person. For example, a hip fracture may be difficult to repair and require a long recuperative period. The patient's mobility and independence may be severely affected. If hip surgery is necessary, the elderly are at a higher risk for complications.
- Back and spinal cord injuries: Trauma to the spine and back is most commonly caused by falls. In addition to pedestrian slips and falls, tripping and falling are common causes of long-lasting back injuries. Pulling muscles, tearing tendons or ligaments, or damaging the disks between the vertebrae can result in serious injuries. A fracture in the spinal cord can end up causing temporary or permanent paralysis from the site of the break.
- Fatalities: Occupational Safety and Health Administration data shows that trips and falls cause about 15 percent of worker deaths, especially in the construction trade. Falls caused 30,505 deaths in seniors over 65 in 2020.
With the help of a Yuba City slip and fall lawyer, you can recover the following losses if you are injured in an accident caused by someone else's negligence:
- Medical costs: It is possible to recover medical expenses associated with the injury, including hospital costs, surgeries, tests, medications, rehabilitation, etc.
- Lost wages: Besides your lost wages, you are entitled to compensation for any perks you would have earned if the accident hadn't happened. Many people take sick leave or vacation when they are injured, and that can also be recovered if it's unpaid.
- Pain and suffering: Physical pain isn't the only thing you might experience after an accident. You may also suffer from emotional and psychological trauma.
Our Yuba City slip and fall lawyers at AutoAccident.com perform the following to support your injury claim:
- An accident site investigation by our investigators looks for evidence of the at-fault party's liability.
- We interview bystanders and witnesses to gather evidence to support your claim.
- Store and parking lot surveillance cameras can help show what happened and how it occurred. We obtain copies to use during insurance negotiations or in court if necessary.
- Property records are obtained to prove ownership, which may be hidden.
- Additionally, our investigators examine any prior claims that may have been made that can point toward negligence.
- Physicians treating our clients are contacted for updates on their progress and how their injury progresses.
- Medical experts are contacted to help calculate the cost of the injured party's medical treatment if it is expected to continue.
To help you determine what to look for in a lawyer when seeking help, attorney Ed Smith offers the following video:Yuba City Slip and Fall Attorney
Contact us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice if you were injured in a slip and fall accident. We will be happy to set up a free virtual or in-person meeting. Your questions can be answered, your case can be reviewed, and you can find the options available to recover damages. Visit our Settlements and Verdicts page to learn how our team of injury lawyers has helped others. Don't settle for less than you deserve by going it alone.