Yuba City Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Yuba City is best known for its small-town charm and unique blend of wildlife and urban amenities. With a population of roughly 66,860, finding yourself involved in a catastrophic accident can be high.
We are a personal injury law firm with decades of experience helping injured people in Sutter County, Yuba County, and Northern California. If you have been seriously hurt in a Yuba City accident due to someone else's carelessness, contact us anytime at (530) 392-9400. It is always free to call and talk to us about your case.Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our Yuba City personal injury law firm handles cases across a variety of different accident types, such as:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Accidents in Yuba City can occur on any roadway; however, some of the most traumatic and deadly collisions occur on Highway 99. In Yuba City, Highway 99 is built to freeway standards. However, people commuting from Sacramento or Chico sometimes drive at high rates of speed. Drunk drivers, distracted drivers, and negligent truck drivers often cause crashes on Highway 99 or the 99/20 interchange.
While there are few high-speed roads in Yuba City, accidents can occur. Of course, not all car wrecks in Yuba City occur on these roads. Crashes also happen on Highway 113 and at major intersections, parking lots, convenience stores, and nearby school zones.
If you were injured in a motorcycle, car, or big rig accident, you may be in pain and feel uncertain about being treated fairly. The parties involved in the crash, insurance adjusters, and even some car accident lawyers often have their own best interests in mind.Our Holistic Approach to Personal Injury Law
At AutoAccident.com, we take a personal and holistic approach to all auto accidents. Most of us have been here for over 20 years, and it comprises individuals with great skill sets who care about each client.
We are known as the "personal" personal injury law firm because we take the time to get to know you, your background, hopes, and goals. We are passionate about helping our clients recover financially and personally because we know what it is like to deal with the consequences of a severe injury.
Our firm practices personal injury law exclusively. We have a history of taking cases to trial if needed, and we have a long track record of successful verdicts and settlements.We Work on a Contingency Fee Basis
We take all of our severe injury cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not ask for any upfront payment, and our clients are only responsible for lawyer's fees if we can successfully negotiate or win their case. Operating by contingency means, we can help people who would otherwise not afford excellent legal representation.Finding an Experienced Yuba City Personal Injury Lawyer
You've likely seen hundreds of advertisements for attorneys on billboards, television, and websites. Many of the ads you see will make big promises and cite incredibly high success rates. However, the reality is that only a tiny portion of these lawyers are prepared to do everything they can to ensure you obtain the full amount you deserve.
Many injury lawyers who advertise their high success rate are willing to settle cases with insurance companies offering less than what the injured party should be compensated. While some attorneys may consider accepting low settlement offers a victory, our firm ensures that our clients obtain the full compensation they are rightfully owed.
You may think we may not be the right lawyer for your specific needs, which is entirely understandable. Regardless, we'd like to share some of the most important things to know about an attorney before you decide to hire them.
- Reputation - One of the best ways to determine if a Yuba City auto accident attorney has a good reputation is by seeing what others have said about them. Today, doing this is easier than ever. You can see what lawyers' clients think about them by checking third-party sites such as Google, Yelp, Facebook, Avvo, and others. Because lawyers cannot control what is said about them on these sites, checking them will give you an honest picture of their reputation in the community they serve.
- Experience - Knowing that your legal advocate has experience handling cases like yours is essential. A lawyer with years of experience dealing with severe personal injury cases will be much more familiar with ensuring your case is dealt with properly and with excellence. It's also essential to ensure that your injury attorney is comfortable taking your case to trial if necessary. In many cases, all you have to do is ask your lawyer whether or not they are prepared to take your case to court. A lawyer's answer can give you an idea of whether or not they are genuinely ready to present your case to a jury.
- Verdicts and Settlements - Looking at your legal practitioner's work history is also good. Your Yuba City car accident lawyer should have a long history of settlements and verdicts and be proud to discuss them with you. Most lawyers have a list of their case verdicts on their websites.
- Resources - Some law firms are too small to afford to take a case before a jury to counter insurers making low settlement offers. You should ensure that your attorney's firm has the financial resources to do everything possible for your case. Money shouldn't be an issue standing between you and the compensation you deserve.
Watch the YouTube video below for more information on choosing the best Yuba City personal injury lawyer for your case.Yuba City Traffic Accident FAQ
I was involved in a car crash. Is it better to go through my own insurance or through the at-fault party's insurer?
If you have collision coverage, it is best to have your vehicle repaired by your own insurance. The reason is that your insurance has a duty of good faith to fix your car or total it fairly. The other insurer has no such obligation and often delays or provides low offers for property damage. If liability for the accident is clear, have your insurance repair your vehicle. The other insurer will reimburse you for your deductible within two weeks.
I was hurt in an auto accident in Yuba City but have no health insurance. How can I seek medical treatment?
First, make sure you really have no medical insurance. Many people are unaware, but most auto insurance policies have Medical Payments or Med-Pay coverage. This provides coverage up to a certain amount to those injured within the insured vehicle, regardless of fault. If Med-Pay coverage is available, every party within the car has specific coverage for medical expenses.
Where are the dangerous intersections in Yuba City?
These local intersections have seen an especially high accident rate:
- Bridge Street at Plumas Street
- Bridge Street at State Route 99
- Bridge Street at Walton Avenue
- Butte House Road at Stabler Lane
- Clark Avenue at Colusa Avenue
- Colusa Avenue at Like Oak Boulevard, Olive Street, and State Route 20
- Colusa Avenue at Plumas Street and State Route 20
- Colusa Highway at Stabler Lane
If you have suffered severe injuries in an accident in or near Sutter County, please contact our experienced Yuba City personal injury lawyers for free, friendly case advice to learn about your legal options. You can call us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400.
You can look through our verdicts and settlements to learn how we have helped our past clients.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 1.4.23]
Photo by: StockSnap
:ms ds [cs 1343]