Yreka Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Areas in Siskiyou County near Yreka are exciting places to ride a motorcycle. Curved roads with plenty of twists and turns, gorgeous scenery, lots of sunshine, and a reasonably low population make it a popular place to get out and enjoy what the area offers.
While riding safely can help a rider avoid accidents, a negligent driver or other entity can upset the apple cart and cause serious injuries. This is when you need the services of a Yreka motorcycle accident lawyer to help you get the compensation you deserve. Call our legal team at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for a free, no-obligation consultation.Obtaining Compensation After a Yreka Motorcycle Accident
Since 1982, our law firm has helped many Yreka residents get fair compensation following a motorcycle accident injury or losing a loved one because of wrongful death. We offer a free, no-obligation phone call where we can review your case, tell you what options are available to obtain compensation and answer your questions. It's that simple.Motorcycle Fatality Risk
Motorcycle collisions can, of course, be due to rider error. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2019, more than 5,000 riders died due to a traffic collision. However, many motorcycle crashes result from a negligent motorist or other entity.The Leading Causes of Motorcycle Accidents Involving Vehicles
- Left turns: Most motorcycle accidents involving motor vehicles occur when a car or light truck makes a left turn in front of the rider. This happens when the driver either tries to beat the motorcyclist across the roadway or misjudges the speed and distance of the motorcycle. Accidents of this type also occur when the motorcyclist turns left, and the driver doesn't see that the turn signal is on.
- Speeding: A motorist who is speeding may be unable to stop in time to prevent a collision with a motorcyclist, especially if they are coming upon them from behind. A rear-end collision with a motorcycle can cause the rider to be ejected from their bike, resulting in serious injuries.
- Distracted driving: A leading cause of all varieties of traffic collisions, a driver who is texting, fiddling with their GPS, or changing a radio station instead of scanning the surrounding traffic can cause a severe collision with a motorcyclist.
- Lane-splitting accidents: In California, motorcyclists can lane-split as long as the traffic moves slower. However, motorists who are not cognizant that a motorcycle will pass them may neglect to signal or go ahead and try to change lanes without spotting the rider, resulting in an accident.
- Dangerous road conditions: Motorcycles are less stable than motor vehicles, which causes them to crash more easily. The motorcyclist can go into a skid or be ejected when roadways are poorly maintained, such as potholes, uneven pavement, debris, and other hazards. A claim against the government entity charged with maintenance can be made to recover damages for the rider's injuries.
- Defective motorcycle parts: Defects in the brakes, tires, or motor can cause a motorcycle rider to lose control and crash, causing severe injuries. The bike can be examined to determine if this was the cause of the crash, and a product liability lawsuit can be placed against the manufacturer to recover damages.
Serious injuries commonly occur as a result of a Yreka motorcycle collision. This is due to the lack of protection for the rider in an accident and the risk of being thrown off or having their bike land on them. Some of the most common injuries to a motorcycle rider include:
- Traumatic brain injuries are among the most severe trauma a motorcycle rider suffers in an accident. The results of a TBI can be lifelong, from concussions to permanent damage that affects the person's cognitive function. This is one of the reasons it is so important to wear an approved helmet, which can significantly lower the risk of a TBI.
- Road rash is a common injury that heals if the trauma is minor. However, it's a good idea to go to the doctor for treatment because of the risk of infection and dirt and gravel that may imbed itself.
- Biker's arm is a condition that happens to the upper body when a motorcyclist lands on his arms. This condition causes permanent nerve damage, resulting in weakness, numbness, and pain. This debilitating condition can affect the injured party's ability to work and result in disability.
- Disfigurement and scarring: A nasty fall from a motorcycle or collision with a motor vehicle can result in injuries that cause scarring or disfigurement.
- Broken bones: In some motorcycle accident injuries, multiple fractures can occur. When those breaks happen in significant areas such as the hips, spine, wrists, or pelvis, the healing process can take much longer and involve necessary surgeries.
Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, so they will offer an injured rider a low settlement figure, hoping it will be accepted. The injured rider can't return for further compensation by signing off on a claim. In addition, the insurance company will try to point the blame toward the rider to avoid liability.
Working with a Yreka motorcycle accident attorney who has handled many claims can avoid these problems. We know that most accidents are caused by left-turning or otherwise negligent drivers, and we investigate to gather the evidence to prove it.Call Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Yreka, CA
When your injury or the loss of a loved one was caused by negligence, please call our Yreka motorcycle accident attorneys for our free and friendly advice. We can be reached at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. See our case history of Settlements and Verdicts.