Yreka Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Areas in Siskiyou County near Yreka are thrilling places to ride a motorcycle. Curved roads with plenty of twists and turns, gorgeous scenery, lots of sunshine, and a fairly low population make it a popular place to get out and enjoy what the area has to offer. While riding safely can help a rider avoid accidents, a negligent driver or other entity can upset the apple cart and cause serious injuries. This is when you need the services of a Yreka motorcycle accident lawyer to help you get the compensation you deserve.Obtaining Compensation After a Yreka Motorcycle Accident
Since 1982, my legal team and I have helped many Yreka residents get fair compensation following a motorcycle accident injury or loss of a loved one because of wrongful death. We offer a free no-obligation phone call where we can review your case, tell you what options are available to obtain compensation, and answer your questions. It’s that simple.Motorcycle Fatality Risk
Motorcycle collisions can, of course, be due to rider error. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2019, 5,014 riders died as a result of a traffic collision. However, many motorcycle crashes are the result of a negligent motorist or other entity.The Leading Causes of Motorcycle Accidents Involving Vehicles
- Left turns: The majority of motorcycle accidents involving motor vehicles occur when a car or light truck makes a left turn in front of the rider. This occurs when the driver either tries to beat the motorcyclist across the roadway or misjudges the speed and distance of the motorcycle. Accidents of this type also occur when the motorcyclist is turning left, and the driver doesn’t see that their turn signal is on.
- Speeding: A motorist who is speeding may be unable to stop in time to prevent a collision with a motorcyclist, especially if they are coming upon them from behind. A rear-end collision with a motorcycle can cause the rider to be ejected from their bike, resulting in serious injuries.
- Distracted driving: A leading cause of all varieties of traffic collisions, a driver who is texting, fiddling with their GPS, or changing a radio station instead of scanning the surrounding traffic can cause a serious collision with a motorcyclist.
- Lane-splitting accidents: In California, motorcyclists are allowed to lane-split as long as the traffic is moving at a slower speed. However, motorists who are not cognizant that a motorcycle is going to pass them may neglect to signal or go ahead and try to change lanes without spotting the rider, resulting in an accident.
- Dangerous road conditions: Motorcycles are less stable than motor vehicles, which causes them to crash more easily. When roadways are poorly maintained, such as having potholes, uneven pavement, debris, and other hazards, the motorcyclist can end up going into a skid or being ejected. A claim against the government entity charged with maintenance can be made to recover damages for injuries the rider suffered.
- Defective motorcycle parts: Defects in the brakes, tires, or motor can cause a motorcycle rider to lose control and crash, causing serious injuries. The bike can be examined to determine if this was the cause of a crash, and a product liability lawsuit can be placed against the manufacturer to recover damages.
Serious injuries commonly occur as a result of a Yreka motorcycle collision. This is due to the lack of protection for the rider in an accident and the risk of being thrown off or having their bike land on them. Some of the most common injuries to a motorcycle rider include:
- Traumatic brain injuries are among the most serious types of trauma suffered by a motorcycle rider in an accident. From concussions to permanent damage that affects the person’s cognitive function, the results of a TBI can be lifelong. This is one of the reasons it is so important to wear an approved helmet, which can significantly lower the risk of a TBI.
- Road rash is a common injury and heals by itself if the trauma is minor. However, because of the risk of infection and dirt and gravel that may imbed itself, it’s a good idea to go to the doctor for treatment.
- Biker’s arm is a condition that happens to the upper body when a motorcyclist lands on his arms. This condition causes permanent nerve damage, resulting in weakness, numbness, and pain. This debilitating condition can affect the injured party’s ability to work and result in disability.
- Disfigurement and scarring: A bad fall from a motorcycle or collision with a motor vehicle can result in injuries that cause scarring or disfigurement.
- Broken bones: In some motorcycle accident injuries, multiple fractures can occur. When those breaks happen in major areas such as the hips, spine, wrists, or pelvis, the process of healing can take much longer and involve necessary surgeries to repair.
Insurance companies are in business to make a profit, so they will offer an injured rider a settlement figure that is low, hoping it will be accepted. By signing off on a claim, the injured rider can’t come back for further compensation. In addition, the insurance company will try to point the blame toward the rider to avoid liability.
By working with a Yreka motorcycle accident attorney who has successfully handled many claims, these problems can be avoided. We know that most accidents are caused by left-turning or otherwise negligent drivers, and we investigate to gather the evidence to prove it. Our aim is for the injured rider to be able to spend their energy in healing with the confidence their medical bills and other losses will be covered.Yreka Motorcycle Accident Attorney
My name is Ed Smith, and I am a Yreka motorcycle accident attorney. When your injury or the loss of a loved one was caused by negligence, please call us for our free and friendly advice. We can be reached at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. You also have the option of messaging us online.
We are honored to be a member of the groups that follow:
You can find helpful information about our law firm at:
:cd llo [cs 1,063]