Sacramento Wrongful Death Resources
Losing a loved one in a sudden and tragic accident is devastating. When a family member dies unexpectedly as a result of someone else's negligence, you may be struggling with feelings of grief, disbelief, shock, and frustration.
While there is no easy way to overcome the death of a loved one, below are a few things we recommend that you can do to make the grieving process easier for you and your family.A. Books
Here is a list of some books that have helped clients over the years:
Grieving the Death of a Friend
It is important for everyone affected by a sudden death to deal with the feelings of grief, loss, and sometimes anger that they experience. Everyone deals with grief in their own way, yet we've found that an experienced grief counselor can help you over the years. Feel free to call our law firm for a recommendation.C. Guided Imagery
Many of our past clients have recommended reading Belleruth Napartsek's guided imagery CD, A Meditation to Ease Grief.D. Support Groups
In many cases, it may be helpful to join a support group. Some of the groups in Sacramento County include:
- Kaiser Permanente Hospital: 916-486-5300. Grief support groups are ongoing and open to the public in Elk Grove, Roseville, and Sacramento.
- Sacramento Mercy General Hospital: 916-453-4552. Ongoing 5-week grief and loss sessions.
- Mercy San Juan Hospital Support Group Chaplaincy Services: 916-537-5098. Program for anyone experiencing grief. First and third Wednesdays of each month from 6:00 - 7:00 pm. 6501 Coyle, Carmichael.
- Sutter VNA Hospice: 916-388-6215. Bereavement support group for those who have experienced a loss. Alternating Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Sutter Cancer Center, 2800 L St., Sacramento.
- UCD Hospice Support Group: 916-734-1139, 6-week support groups offered throughout the year. Call for information and registration.
- Compassionate Friends: 916-457-4096. Help and support for parents who have lost a child. Newsletter, telephone support, monthly meetings. Held on the third Friday of each month from 7:00 to 9:30 pm. South Natomas Community Center, 2921 Truxel Rd, Sacramento, 95822. Small groups are available.
I'm Ed Smith, a Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyer. Our law firm has been handling wrongful death cases in Sacramento and throughout Northern California since 1982. You can look us up on Yelp, Avvo, and Google or read and listen to testimonials from past clients.
Please have a look at our past settlements and verdicts.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 11.29.21]