Woodland Brain Injury Lawyer
Traumatic brain injuries are some of the most catastrophic injuries that someone can suffer. Patients who undergo a traumatic brain injury are at a major risk of developing chronic complications and comorbidities that could last for life. These complications could inhibit someone’s ability to think, move, and see the world around them. The impact of this injury on a person’s quality of life is unparalleled. Often overlooked, these brain injuries have a massive effect on the patient’s families and friends.A Variety of Injuries Classify as Traumatic Brain Injuries
While there are many different types of head injuries, all of them can be classified as traumatic brain injuries depending on the severity of the damage. The two major categories include:
- Penetrating Head Injury: This is also called an open head injury. This is the type of injury that a stab wound or a gunshot wound might cause. An outside force punctures the skull, and a piece of bone could damage the brain tissue underneath. Falls from a great height and car accidents can cause this type of injury.
- Closed Head Injury: This type of head injury does not involve a penetrating force but still causes substantial damage to the tissue underneath. A sudden change in the speed or direction of the motion of the head can cause the brain to impact the side of the skull. Depending on the severity of the impact, this could lead to damage contained to one area of the brain (focal) or damage that spreads throughout the brain (diffuse).
Many different causes can lead to a traumatic brain injury, including:
- Distracted or negligent driving, such as texting or talking on the cell phone
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Falls from great heights, such as from construction scaffolds
- Defective products
- Ejections from vehicles during car accidents
- Medical malpractice during childbirth of surgical procedures
- Negligent, improper, or outright abusive practices in nursing homes
These are only a few of the many different reasons someone could suffer a traumatic brain injury. Clearly, there is more than one way to suffer brain damage.
This video discusses the new types of treatments that are needed for patients with traumatic brain injuries.An Experienced Attorney in Woodland is Necessary
Traumatic brain injuries have a devastating effect on someone’s financial status as well. If the patient has an ICU stay or requires an emergent surgical procedure, this could place a family under a significant amount of financial stress despite someone’s health insurance status. Whether someone was struck by a motor vehicle, injured at work, or involved in a multi-car pileup on the highway, nobody should have to bear the financial burden of a traumatic brain injury alone.
That is why we have been fighting for justice on behalf of our clients since 1982. AVVO, a firm that rates every attorney in the country, has given me a rating of 10.0. AVVO is an outside firm that evaluates attorneys based on case verdicts, settlements, awards, customer evaluations, reputation throughout the industry, and publications' quality. We are a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an association made up of some of the top-rated trial attorneys in the United States. Everyone in this association has won multiple million-dollar case settlements for prior clients.Woodland Brain Injury Lawyers
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 3.4.21]
Image Credit: Pixabay
:dr [cs 672] bw