Winton Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Winton is one of several census-designated places in Merced County. This unincorporated area is located about 3 miles north of the city of Atwater and has a population of approximately 10,613. A motor vehicle collision in a relatively small area like Winton is rare but can have devastating consequences for the injured party and their family.How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help with an Accident Case
For many families in Winton, mounting medical expenses and time lost from work due to a car crash may put them in a financial predicament. If you do not hire the right accident attorney to handle your personal injury case, that choice may cost you and your family. Do not rely on the insurance company to do what is right. You need a legal advocate to protect your best interests.
Our legal team at AutoAccident.com has protected our clients' rights since 1982. We do our best to ensure you receive fair compensation for your car accident. Before talking to the insurance company, call us for free, friendly legal advice at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400.
The goal of our law firm is to build solid and compelling personal injury cases. This serves to prove what is rightfully owed to our clients to insurance companies. Unfortunately, insurers and claims adjusters often use defense tactics to take advantage of you and your situation.
At the end of the day, insurance carriers are in the business of protecting their bottom line. Any initial settlement offer from an insurance company will be far less than you deserve. Our injury lawyers will ensure that the auto insurance company offers you the full and fair compensation you are entitled to under the law.Different Types of Personal Injury Cases Our Law Firm Handles
Our law firm's Winton personal injury attorneys protect the best interests of those injured in accidents in Merced County and across California. When accident-related injuries occur, our legal team assists people who have been unjustly hurt to get their lives back on track. We work with complex insurance companies and defense attorneys to prove what our clients deserve. This includes all personal injury damages by California law.
Some of the types of injury cases handled by our legal team include:
- Auto Crashes
- Car vs. Pedestrian Accidents
- Cycling Collisions
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Head and Brain Trauma
- Injury and Fatal Farm Accidents
- Motorcycle Injury Crashes
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Truck Collisions
- Wrongful Death
There are some intersections in Winton, CA, with a higher-than-average rate of traffic accidents. The specific intersections that pose a significant risk for drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and cyclists include:
- Almond Avenue and Winton Way
- Center Street and Gerard Avenue
- Cottage Street and Walnut Avenue
- Gerard Avenue and Winton Way
- California Street and Myrtle Avenue
- Jones Road and Olive Avenue
- Myrtle Avenue and Winton Way
- Santa Fe Drive and Winton Way
- Walnut Avenue and Cypress Avenue
- Winton Way and Walnut Avenue
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle collision at one of the dangerous intersections mentioned above, speak to an experienced Winton car accident lawyer as soon as possible to determine if you have a compensation claim. Contact our law firm to schedule a free case evaluation and learn how our legal team can help.Common Injuries from Car Accidents
Injuries suffered in a motor vehicle crash may range from minor to catastrophic. Less severe injuries such as bruises, bumps, stiffness, and muscle soreness are common in vehicular collisions. More severe injuries such as bone fractures, spinal cord injuries, internal trauma, head and brain injuries, or even wrongful death may also happen.
Beyond the financial consequences of a serious or fatal car accident, the trauma of the incident may take an emotional toll on injured parties or families of decedents. If this has happened to you or your family, our experienced Winton car accident lawyers can assist you in your time of need. We provide free, friendly legal advice on what you should do after a crash and how to protect your best interests from complex insurance companies.What are the Types of Compensatory Damages Arising from Personal Injury?
At our law firm, our goal as your Winton personal injury lawyers is to determine and calculate your damages' full and fair value and present evidence to the insurance company. While you may expect the insurance claims adjuster assigned to your bodily injury claim to pay what you rightfully deserve, that is not always the case.
Settling personal injury claims through negotiation does not always result in a fair settlement agreement. When this happens, our collection of compelling evidence and expert witness testimony can help us build a solid personal injury lawsuit to present in court. Among the types of economic and non-economic damages our attorneys can seek in a personal injury accident case on your behalf include:
- Costs of past and future medical treatment related to the accident.
- Disfigurement or scarring from an injury sustained in a traffic collision.
- Loss of consortium for the impact a spouse's accident-related injuries has had on a marital relationship.
- Loss of earnings for the time missed at work to recover from an auto accident or attend medical appointments related to the crash.
- Lost enjoyment of life from the trauma caused by a car accident.
- Lost future earning capacity caused by accident injuries impair the ability to earn wages in the future.
- Mental anguish and emotional distress associated with the vehicular crash.
- Pain and suffering for the emotional suffering and physical pain the injury has caused upon an injured party.
- Property damage for the costs of repairing or replacing personal items damaged in a crash.
The state of California follows a standard of pure comparative negligence. In the context of a personal injury claim, the amount of compensation may be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to you by a jury for the motor vehicle accident under California's comparative fault laws.
For instance, if a jury finds that you are 30 percent at fault for a car crash and you deserve $100,000 in personal injury compensation, you will only receive $70,000 at the court's discretion. Our Winton auto accident attorneys will work to devise the best counterarguments insurance carriers and defense lawyers will use against you in your personal injury case. We can protect you from being subject to California's pure comparative negligence laws.
To learn more about the types of factors that can affect the value of your personal injury accident claim, watch the video below by our law firm:What is the Statute of Limitations in California for Personal Injury?
A personal injury claim is a civil case subject to a statute of limitations, the amount of time a claimant has to file a lawsuit after an accident. In California, the filing deadline for a personal injury lawsuit is two years from the incident date.
Should a personal injury claimant fail to bring a lawsuit or agree to a settlement with the insurance company within the two-year statute of limitations, the case will most likely be dismissed by the court, and the right to recover damages from the at-fault party will be lost. For additional information on the statute of limitations on personal injury cases, see the California Code of Civil Procedure Section 335.1.Services Our Personal Injury Law Firm Provide
At AutoAccident.com, our injury lawyers provide the following legal services:
- Free, confidential evaluation of your personal injury case.
- Answers to all of your questions about the personal injury claims process.
- Preparing and filing your bodily injury claim with the insurance company for financial compensation.
- Handle communication and negotiation of monetary damages with the insurance carrier on your behalf.
- Documenting and evaluating the full extent of compensatory damages you may be entitled to under California law.
- Filings in court and presenting your personal injury lawsuit to a jury, if necessary.
Our Winton auto accident attorneys work diligently to ensure every client receives full and fair financial compensation for their injuries and damages. We can conduct a full evaluation of your losses and build your case with the evidence needed to support that you deserve fair compensation.
Our personal injury law firm puts our experience, skills, and resources to protect your legal rights and obtain the justice you are rightfully owed. Contact us at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 to get started on your case today.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 4.6.22]
:ds [cs 1458] cha