Wilton Car Accident & Personal Injury Lawyer
Wilton is a rural town southeast of Elk Grove with a population of 5,765. It lies between California State Route 99 and 16, which gives its residents a sense of peace living in the country while being close to Sacramento and other nearby cities.
While accidents are fewer in this tranquil setting, heading out onto the highway can increase your risk of a collision, causing severe injuries or the death of a loved one. When those accidents are caused by negligence, you can obtain fair compensation for time lost at work, medical expenses, and other costs.
Our legal team at AutoAccident.com proudly represents residents of Wilton who have suffered severe injuries in traumatic accidents. If you have been hurt in an accident caused by someone else's negligence, call our experienced personal injury lawyers at (916) 921-6400 for a free consultation.Traffic Accident Statistics in Wilton and Sacramento County
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS):
- 11,753 traffic accidents in Sacramento County in 2017 caused injuries and deaths.
- Motorcycles were involved in 500 traffic accidents, and bicycles in 570.
- Minors 15 and younger were involved in 65 bike accidents, which ranked Sacramento County as number one in the state for traffic collision injuries and deaths of children.
- Pedestrians accounted for 577 fatalities and injuries due to traffic accidents that year.
- Excess speed and drunk driving were contributing factors to many of these accidents.
- Speed contributed to 2,960 traffic collisions with injuries and fatalities, while drunk driving caused 1,283 crashes. Out of the number of drunk drivers, 57 were under 21.
Personal injuries are defined as those that occur in an accident due to negligence or an intentional act. They can happen in:
- Auto accidents: Injuries and fatalities from a motor vehicle accident commonly include negligence such as drunk or distracted driving, failure to abide by traffic laws, etc.
- Bicycle accidents: Accidents with motor vehicles or poor road maintenance, lack of signage, and other neglect can occur.
- Boating accidents can be caused by defective equipment, a negligent boater, or poor maintenance.
- Livestock accidents: Owners must keep their horses or cows safe in enclosures to avoid collisions with motor vehicles. The owner may be liable for damages if a horse or other animal causes an accident.
- Motorcycle crashes: Motorcycle riders can be injured or killed by a negligent motorist or on poorly maintained roads.
- Pedestrian injuries: Pedestrians are among the least protected, and an accident with a negligent motorist, motorcyclist, or others can cause severe injuries or fatalities.
- Road defects: Road defects such as missing signs, defective traffic lights, potholes, and other problems can lead to accidents. In these cases, the government entity responsible for the road's upkeep may be liable.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can be among the most devastating. Some can require long-term care and result in permanent disability.
- Truck accidents: Big rigs and other trucks can cause many fatalities and serious injuries when in an accident because of their size and weight.
- Wrongful deaths: A claim for wrongful death may be filed if a loved one was lost because of negligence by another individual or entity.
A skilled Wilton personal injury lawyer can advise when another person's negligence or intentional harm caused an accident. An injury attorney can deal with your insurance company or build a strong case for trial to see that you receive the compensation you need to pay for your damages.
The video below provides tips on choosing the best Wilton personal injury lawyer for your case.Call Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Wilton, CA
When you've suffered an injury in an accident, we can offer our free and friendly advice. Call our experienced Wilton personal injury lawyers at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. You can also contact us online.
See our past Verdicts and Settlements.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 1.6.23]
Image by FelixMittermeier from Pixabay
:cd cha [cs 724]