Wilton Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Wilton is a rural town southeast of Elk Grove with a population of 5,765, and visitors enjoy seeing the beautiful farms and estates in the area. It lies between California State Route 99 and 16, which gives its residents the pleasure of living in the country while being in close proximity to Sacramento and other nearby cities. The beautiful sunsets and relaxed way of life make it a joy for those who are seeking a peaceful way of living with modern conveniences nearby.
While accidents are fewer in this tranquil setting, heading out onto the highway can increase your risk of a collision, causing severe injuries or the death of a loved one. When those accidents are caused by negligence, you can obtain fair compensation for time lost at work, medical expenses, and other costs.Accident Statistics for Sacramento County
Unfortunately, there were 11,753 traffic accidents in Sacramento County in 2017 that caused injuries and deaths, according to the California Office of Traffic Safety. Motorcycles were involved in 500 traffic accidents and bicycles in 570. Minors 15 and younger were involved in 65 of the bike accidents, which ranked Sacramento County as number one in the state for traffic collision injuries and deaths to children. Pedestrians accounted for 577 fatalities and injuries due to traffic accidents that year. Excess speed and drunk driving were contributing factors to a large number of these accidents. Speed contributed to 2,960 traffic collisions with injuries and fatalities, while drunk driving caused 1,283 crashes. Out of the number of drunk drivers, 57 were under age 21.Common Types of Personal Injuries
Personal injuries can be defined as those that occur due to negligence or an intentional act that would not have occurred during normal circumstances. Some areas where personal injuries happen are:
- Auto accidents: Injuries and fatalities that occur as a result of a motor vehicle accident commonly include negligence such as drunk or distracted driving, failure to abide by traffic laws, and others.
- Bicycle accidents: Accidents with motor vehicles or because of poor road maintenance, lack of signage, and other neglect can occur.
- Boating accidents: Boating accidents can be caused by defective equipment, a negligent boater, or poor maintenance.
- Livestock accidents: Owners of livestock such as cows or horses are obligated to keep them in safe enclosures to avoid collisions with motor vehicles. If a horse or other type of animal causes an accident, the owner may be held liable for damages.
- Motorcycle crashes: Motorcycle riders can be injured or killed by a negligent motorist or poorly maintained road.
- Pedestrian injuries: Pedestrians are among the least protected, and an accident with a negligent motorist, motorcyclist, or others can cause severe injuries or fatalities.
- Road defects: Road defects such as missing signs, defective traffic lights, potholes, and other problems can lead to an accident. In these cases, the government entity responsible for the upkeep of the road may be liable.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can be among the most devastating. Some can require long-term care and result in permanent disability.
- Truck accidents: Big rigs and other trucks, because of their size and weight, cause many fatalities and serious injuries when in an accident.
- Wrongful deaths: A claim for wrongful death may be filed if a loved one was lost because of negligence by another individual or entity.
When another person's negligence or intentional harm caused an accident, a seasoned personal injury lawyer can advise you. An injury lawyer can deal with your insurance company for you or build a strong case to take to civil court to see that you receive the damages you need to pay for your lost wages, medical costs, and additional expenses.
The video below provides some great tips on how to really choose a personal injury lawyer for your case.Wilton Personal Injury Lawyer
I'm Ed Smith, a Wilton car accident lawyer. When you've suffered an accident injury or have lost a loved one, we are here to offer our free and friendly advice. You can reach us at (916) 921-6400 or at my toll-free number (800) 404-5400. If you prefer to contact us online, you can use our handy contact form.
We are a Million Dollar Advocates California member. This forum was established for trial attorneys who won either a verdict or settlement in excess of $1 million for a client.
When you need advice after an accident you believe was caused by negligence, it can be hard to decide which personal injury lawyer to contact for help. This is why we posted links to our clients' reviews and comments, along with information about some of our cases and how they were resolved at:
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 1.13.21]
Image by FelixMittermeier from Pixabay
:cd cha [cs 1489]