Willows Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Willows, California, is a charming small town with lots to offer residents and visitors. With over 6,000 residents as of the 2010 census, Willows has that small-town feel. However, even in a small town, accidents can still occur.
If you or a family member has been hurt in an accident due to someone else's negligence, call our experienced injury attorneys at (530) 392-9400 for a free case evaluation.Car Accidents in Willows, CA
According to City-Data.com, Willows has a lower-than-average rate of car accidents. This is likely due to the smaller population and the city's spread compared to more congested big cities. It is essential for those driving in the area to continue to be alert and watch out for road hazards and individuals who drive under the influence, and distracted drivers. The main city center poses the most dangers in car accidents, and accidents in this area often cause residents to contact a Willows auto accident attorney.
The largest major city in Willows is Sacramento. It is a 75-mile drive, making it a bit far for many people to consider driving into the city daily for work. However, some commute part-time and perhaps work at home or a local office. Accidents on the highways between Willows and Sacramento are sadly all-too-common and can be a severe concern for anyone who spends much time on the road.What to Do if You're Involved in a Car Accident in or Around Willows
The first and most important thing you can do after an auto accident is to get any medical treatment you need. You do not want to risk your safety and long-term health by putting this off. In addition, by letting the emergency room check you for injuries, you'll have documentation if your accident turns into a severe case.
In addition to obtaining medical treatment, ensure you get details about the accident. If you're unable to gather this information yourself, have someone help. You want to ensure you have contact information for anyone else involved and witnesses. In addition, call the local police and ensure they record the accident in a police report.
Finally, before you talk to your insurance company or the insurer of any other drivers involved, reach out to a Willows car accident lawyer first.How Do You Choose a Quality Willows Personal Injury Attorney?
Chances are, you'll quickly notice that there are many options for a car accident lawyer in or around Willows. We've put together a few ways to narrow it down to find the right attorney to help you through the process. The first step is to check out any reviews that former and current law firm clients have posted online. These reviews will give you a good idea of whether the law firm has a record of successfully obtaining compensation as well as the quality of service.
Here at the Law Offices of Edward A. Smith, you can visit our testimonials page and Yelp, Google, and Avvo to see what our clients say. Our consistently high ratings offer assurance that you will receive personal attention and superior representation for your case. We have also included a link to our Verdicts and Settlements page, so you review a few of our previous cases and how we resolved them.
Watch the video below for more about selecting the right Willows personal injury lawyer for your case.Why Should You Hire a Sacramento Attorney?
Our law firm is located in Sacramento, a short drive from Willows. While it can seem inconvenient to hire a lawyer who doesn't live directly in Willows, several reasons for hiring a lawyer from Sacramento make sense.
First, the best and brightest lawyers are often found in larger cities, and we think that is the case for us. By operating in Sacramento, we have access to a more extensive client base in the "big city," and we are a short drive away from many other communities.
Even if car accident injuries have made it difficult to travel, we can help. Please give us a call, and we can discuss the details of your accident and arrange to meet locally or somewhere that would be more convenient for you.Types of Cases We Handle in Willows
We are pleased to assist with personal injury cases of all types. Some of the cases we handle include (but are not limited to) car accident deaths and injuries and other fatalities or injuries caused by:
- Amusement park issues - Unfortunately, injuries and deaths occur because of defective or poorly maintained park equipment, poor security, unsafe food practices, and other causes.
- Aviation mishaps occur due to a lack of maintenance or defective parts, negligent flight staff, and other reasons.
- Self-driving Car Accidents - These collisions generally occur due to a vehicle that has defective parts or software.
- Bicycle accidents - These may be caused by motorists and can result in serious injuries.
- Boating accidents - Accidents such as these are often caused by negligent boat drivers and boat rental companies.
- Bus accidents - Many bus accidents are caused due to overworked or negligent drivers or negligence in maintaining the equipment.
- Defective medical devices - Common devices, including pacemakers, prosthetic devices, or surgical implants, may lead to severe injuries.
- Dog bite - These claims occur when a dog (or other pet) owner is negligent.
- Government claims are often filed because of poor maintenance of the design of a public roadway or government building.
- Mesothelioma - These claims are way too common today. This aggressive cancer is directly caused by exposure to asbestos.
- Motorcycle accidents - Much like car accidents, these occur because of negligent motorists or street defects.
- Nursing Home Cases - These injuries or fatalities are caused by negligent staff or dispensing of wrong medications.
- Pedestrian injuries - These injuries and fatalities are caused due to traffic accidents or because of poor maintenance of the roadway.
- Premises liability - These claims arise from an accident in a public area or private home.
- Products liability - This case covers defective products ranging from auto parts to toys and even furniture.
- Drowning - Swimming accidents may happen at either public or private pools, spas, or hot tubs.
- Train accidents - These significant accidents are caused by defective equipment, poor maintenance of the train or tracks, or negligence.
- Taxi Accidents - Uber, Lyft, taxis, and other vehicles can cause injuries to passengers when the driver is negligent.
- Forest Fires - Wildfire injuries and fatalities are caused by the negligence of a power company or other source.
- Workers' compensation - These are cases that involve third-party negligence, and the employees deserve financial compensation.
- Wrongful deaths - This type of case can be due to intentional acts or negligence.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in or around Willows, please call our experienced Willows personal injury lawyers today for free, friendly advice at (800) 404-5400 or (530) 392-9400.
See a list of our past cases on our verdicts and settlements page.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 11.3.22]