Waterford Truck Accident Lawyer
Accidents involving big rigs and other large trucks are common throughout Northern California. The commercial traffic along State Route 132/Yosemite Boulevard makes the city of Waterford no exception to such collisions. If you have been involved in a crash caused by a negligent commercial truck driver, it is crucial to seek qualified legal counsel.
The injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com have advocated for Northern Californians in trucking cases for nearly four decades. Call our legal team at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for a free consultation.Commercial Truck Crashes
Any time a passenger vehicle is struck by a commercial truck, the smaller car will take the brunt of the impact. The average weight of a passenger vehicle is less than 4,000 pounds compared to a fully loaded big rig, which could weigh around 80,000 pounds. Given the weight disparity, it is clear that the occupants of the much smaller vehicle are more vulnerable to suffering severe or even fatal injuries. Statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reveal more than 4,600 deaths caused by vehicle crashes with big rigs in 2018.
Let's look at some factors that contribute to commercial truck accidents:
- Speeding. Excessive speed is a primary cause of all traffic accidents, and those involving commercial trucks are no exception. There has recently been a shortage of truck drivers, which could explain an increase in dangerous driving as there is pressure on truckers to meet their quotas.
- Impaired driving. While trucking companies have strict regulations about the use of drugs and alcohol by their drivers, that does not mean that impaired driving incidents among professional haulers no longer occur. It used to be a much bigger problem, but it still exists. Even the use of some over-the-counter medications can adversely affect driving skills.
- Drowsy driving. There are laws about how long a trucker can drive without a mandatory rest break. This does not mean that records cannot be falsified or that the driver does not lack sleep even with a mandatory break. Drowsy driving can be as dangerous as impaired driving.
- Inexperience. Because of the truck driver shortage, new drivers are being sent out on the road without the length of training they once had. An inexperienced driver is more likely to cause an accident, including a truck rollover accident or a trailer jackknife.
- Improper truck maintenance. Failure to properly maintain a truck could lead to brake failure, tire blowouts, or other issues that could cause a driver to lose control of the vehicle.
- Improperly loaded cargo. An uneven load, poorly secured load, or overloaded trailer can all cause a rollover. A rolling truck/trailer can crash into other vehicles or present an unexpected obstacle in the roadway.
There are several ways truck drivers or the companies for which they work can be found negligent after a car accident. A finding of negligence is crucial in a personal injury case. Suppose it is determined that there was no negligence on the part of the trucker or the company. In that case, they bear no financial responsibility for the damages you suffered related to the accident. An experienced accident lawyer will gather the evidence necessary to prove negligence and help you recover your injuries, which could include but are not limited to the following:
- Medical Expenses (past and future)
- Income loss and loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Watch the YouTube video. The dashcam clip below shows dangerous truck driver behavior on State Route 132.Truck Accident Legal Experience
Retaining an injury lawyer with experience in cases involving large commercial trucks can result in a larger settlement than going alone without counsel. A skilled injury attorney will pursue many avenues of investigation to strengthen the case. Complete documentation of the damages is essential because once the issue is settled, there is no going back for more if it turns out that the losses were more significant than anticipated.
Our experienced Waterford truck accident lawyers will not back down from the trucking company if a trial becomes necessary. We have the resources, skills, and expert witness relationships required to present a winning argument to the jury. Complete and thorough evidence builds a strong case and can be used to negotiate a higher settlement.Waterford Truck Accident Lawyer
Our injury lawyers can provide free and friendly advice if you or someone you love has been injured in a collision with a big rig or other commercial truck. Call our experienced Waterford truck accident attorneys at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400. Alternatively, you may send your inquiry via our online form.
To see our case results, please visit our Settlements and Verdicts page.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 10.28.22]
Photo: by fkevin on Pixabay
mm [cs 828] cha