Vineyard Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Vineyard, California, is a lovely area of Sacramento County with a suburban feel and easy access to California State Route 99. With a population of over 39,000, it is home to young professionals and families and is known for its beautiful parks. It is only a 20-minute drive to Sacramento, with plenty of restaurants and shops nearby.
Accidents can happen even in an area as lovely as Vineyard, California. When they are caused by negligence, the injured individual can claim fair compensation. If you have suffered injuries in an accident in Vineyard, CA, due to someone else's negligence, call (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 to discuss your options with our skilled injury attorneys.Personal Injuries in Vineyard, California
Our top-rated Vineyard personal injury lawyers have always believed that a person hurt by someone else's negligence should not have to bear the financial, physical, and emotional consequences. The impact of an accident injury causes pain and suffering and can destabilize a family financially, adding to the stress. When you have been injured in an accident caused by negligence, we hope you will keep our personal injury law firm in mind when you need help to recover compensatory damages through a legal claim.Common Causes of a Personal Injury
Many people do not realize what a personal injury encompasses until they are harmed through negligence. Injuries occur in several different ways, and usually, they are caused by another person. However, a government entity can cause personal injury through negligence. By government entities, our top Vineyard personal injury attorneys are talking about the agencies responsible for roads and bridges, public buildings, parks, public streets, and the like. Personal injuries caused by traffic accidents tend to fall into the following categories:
- Car accidents: In 2016, more than 490,000 car accidents were reported in California. Over 278,000 injuries and 3,800 fatalities resulted. About 50 percent of these accidents occurred at intersections; head-on collisions were the deadliest. Common causes of negligence were speeding, drunk driving, distraction, and fatigue. An experienced Vineyard car accident lawyer can help you obtain the compensation you need during an accident.
- Truck accidents: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the size and weight of a big truck contribute to accident injuries and fatalities from a collision. Inexperienced drivers, falsification of logs, poor maintenance, and distracted driving can contribute to an accident.
- Motorcycle collisions: Motorcycle riders have less protection in an accident than motorists and are less conspicuous. Common causes of crashes with motorcyclists include motorists making a wrong left turn, running a red light, and stopping suddenly.
- Bicycle crashes: Bicyclists often have designated lanes in which to travel. However, most bicycle accidents happen near intersections when a motorist runs a red light, speeds up, or commits another traffic infraction.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are particularly vulnerable to accident injuries. Traffic infractions by a driver commonly cause injuries to a walker. Speeding is a problem, too. It has been shown that the faster the speed, the more likely injuries or fatalities will occur if a pedestrian is struck.
- Common carrier accidents: Common carriers such as buses, Uber/Lyft rides, and trains are often involved in accidents. Traffic infractions, speeding, and maintenance problems can be negligent actions that contribute to an accident.
In addition to traffic accidents, personal injuries can occur in the following situations:
- Dog bites: California requires that dogs be controlled and on a leash in public. They must be kept at home in an area that prevents their escape. They can claim compensation for the injuries if a dog bites or harms an individual.
- Boating accidents: Boating accident injuries caused by a negligent boater or rental company may be held liable for medical costs, lost time at work, and the pain and suffering the person experienced.
- Airplane accidents: Whether a private or commercial plane, they must be well-maintained, and the pilot must be experienced.
- Government entity: City, county, or state properties are required to be free of hazards. This may include upheavals on a sidewalk, potholes, or malfunctioning traffic lights. The best personal injury lawyer in Vineyard, CA, can help an injured party obtain financial compensation if the accident happened on government property or through the negligence of a government agency.
- Public events: Those in charge of public events such as fairs and festivals must adhere to guidelines and safe practices to avoid injuries to patrons. They may be held financially liable when they fail in this duty, and an injury occurs.
- Medical devices: The manufacturer or others may be responsible for defective medical devices such as hip implants.
- Drugs: Manufacturers sometimes have drug recalls due to manufacturing, packaging, or warning problems. If someone becomes ill due to taking mislabeled medicine or a manufacturing defect, they may be able to claim compensation.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice may entail errors by physicians, pharmacists, hospitals, and health care workers. One standard malpractice error is a misdiagnosis, which can result in the wrong treatment and worsen the patient's condition.
- Premises liability: Property owners and businesses are responsible for maintaining their locations in good condition to avoid accidents. If a patron or visitor is injured by tripping over a cord, falling because of poorly maintained stairs, or other neglect, they may be able to collect compensation for their injuries.
- Product liability: Errors in design or manufacturing can cause injuries. The designer, manufacturer, parts supplier, and others may be held responsible when injuries occur.
- Wildfires: Wildfires caused by faulty power lines or other negligence can result in severe loss and injuries. An accident lawyer with experience handling these cases may help you obtain fair compensation.
- Workers' compensation: Generally, workers' compensation covers a workplace accident. In some cases, a third party may be held responsible for injuries if negligence is shown to cause the damage.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death can occur in any of the above categories and may result from an intentional act.
Vineyard personal injury attorney Ed Smith discusses the importance of a holistic approach to helping a client:Assisting others to Learn About Personal Injuries
Over the years, we've tried to help others understand personal injuries and answer their questions. For 10 years, our firm's founder and Sacramento personal injury lawyer, Ed Smith, has appeared on a cable TV show, Ask the Lawyer, where people could ask questions. He also penned two books, available on Amazon as a free download to your Kindle. One is called The Ultimate California Auto Accident Handbook, which explains all you need to know after you've been injured in an accident, such as the time limit for filing a claim and the recovery of future earnings for long-term disabilities. The other is the California Motorcycle Accident Handbook. The answers to common questions include what to do if you cannot work or how a hit-and-run case is handled.Our Holistic Approach to California Personal Injury Law
Our clients are more than their injury or loss; we understand how their lives have been upended by it. This is why we believe that getting to know our clients is essential. Over the years, our legal team has become close with many clients. They are always welcome to drop by, say hello, and share a coffee with us.
We do our best to answer all their questions about their case and explain what is happening and what is expected to happen. Our clients become part of the team by keeping them updated on the latest developments and discussing the case with them.Contact our Vineyard Personal Injury Attorneys
Many accidents are caused by negligence, resulting in high medical bills, pain, suffering, and time lost at work. Our legal team works hard to obtain just compensation for injured people. We believe no one should bear the financial loss except for someone else's negligence when the accident should not have happened. Our case evaluations are free. Please call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
Editor's Note: updated 11.13.23 Photo by saurav sen from Pexels cd cha [cs 1351]