Vineyard Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Vineyard, California is a lovely area of Sacramento County with a suburban feel and easy access to California State Route 99. With a population of 27,585, it is home to young professionals and families alike and is known for its beautiful parks. It is only about a 20-minute drive to Sacramento with plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. Parks with tennis courts and basketball hoops make it a wonderful place for youngsters and adults alike. The large Churchill Downs Community Park offers soccer fields, basketball, and great walking trails. Others who enjoy the outdoors can take advantage of its walking and bike trails.Personal Injuries in Vineyard, California
Even in an area as nice as Vineyard, California, accidents can happen. When they are caused by negligence, the injured individual can place a claim for fair compensation. I have always been a firm believer that someone who is injured by another person or the lack of maintenance on a roadway should not have to bear the financial consequences. The impact of an accident injury not only causes pain and suffering, but it can also destabilize a family financially, adding to the stress. When you have suffered a personal injury, I hope that you will keep me in mind when you need help to recover damages.Causes of a Personal Injury
Many people do not realize what a personal injury encompasses until they are harmed through negligence. Injuries occur in several different ways, and usually, they are caused by another person. However, a government entity can cause a personal injury through negligence. By government entities, I am talking about the agency responsible for roads and bridges, public buildings, parks, streets and the like. Personal injuries caused by traffic accidents tend to fall into the following categories:
- Car accidents: In 2016, more than 490,000 car accidents were reported in California. Over 278,000 injuries and 3,800 fatalities resulted. About 50 percent of these accidents occurred at intersections. The most deadly type was head-on collisions. Common causes of negligence were speeding, drunk driving, being distracted and fatigue. When an accident happens, an experienced Vineyard car accident lawyer can help you obtain the compensation you need.
- Truck accidents: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, the size and weight of a big truck contribute to accident injuries and fatalities from a collision. Inexperienced drivers, falsification of logs, poor maintenance, and distracted driving can contribute to an accident.
- Motorcycle collisions: Motorcycle riders have less protection in an accident than other motorists and are less conspicuous. Common causes of crashes with motorcyclists include motorists making an inappropriate left turn, running a red light and stopping suddenly.
- Bicycle crashes: Bicyclists often have designated lanes in which to travel. However, most bicycle accidents happen near intersections when a motorist is running a red light, speeding or committing another traffic infraction.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are particularly vulnerable to accident injuries. Traffic infractions by a driver commonly cause injuries to a walker. Speeding is a problem too. It has been shown that the faster the speed, the more likely injuries or fatalities will occur if a pedestrian is struck.
- Common carrier accidents: Common carriers such as buses, Uber/Lyft rides, and trains are often involved in accidents. Traffic infractions, speeding and maintenance problems can be negligent actions that contribute to an accident.
In addition to traffic accidents, personal injuries can occur in the following situations:
- Dog bites: California requires that dogs be kept under control and on a leash while in public. At home, they must be kept in an area that prevents their escape. If a dog bites or harms an individual, he or she can claim compensation for the injuries.
- Boating accidents: Boating accident injuries that are caused by a negligent boater or rental company may be held liable for medical costs, lost time at work and the pain and suffering the person experienced.
- Airplane accidents: Whether it is a private or commercial plane, they must be well-maintained, and the pilot must be experienced.
- Government entity: City, county or state properties are required to be free of hazards. This may include upheavals in a sidewalk, potholes or malfunctioning traffic lights. An experienced lawyer could help an injured person obtain compensation if the accident happened on government property or through their negligence.
- Public events: Those in charge of public events such as fairs and festivals must adhere to guidelines and safe practices to avoid injuries to patrons. When they fail in this duty, and an injury occurs, they may be held financially liable.
- Medical devices: With defective medical devices such as hip implants, the manufacturer or others may be held responsible.
- Drugs: Manufacturers sometimes have drug recalls due to manufacturing, packaging or warning problems. If someone becomes ill due to taking mislabeled medicine or due to a manufacturing defect, they may be able to claim compensation.
- Medical Malpractice: Medical malpractice may entail errors by physicians, pharmacists, hospitals and health care workers. One common malpractice error is a misdiagnosis. This can result in the wrong treatment and worsen the patient’s condition.
- Premises liability: Property owners and businesses have a responsibility to maintain their locations in good condition to avoid accidents. If a patron or visitor is injured by tripping over a cord, falling because of poorly maintained stairs or other neglect, they may be able to collect compensation for their injuries.
- Products liability: Errors in design or during the manufacturing process can cause injuries. The designer, manufacturer, parts supplier, and others may be held responsible when injuries occur.
- Wildfires: Wildfires that are caused by faulty power lines or other negligence can result in serious loss and injuries. A Vineyard personal injury lawyer with experience in handling these types of cases may help you obtain fair compensation.
- Workers’ compensation: Generally, a workplace accident is covered by workers’ compensation. In some cases, a third party may be held responsible for injuries if negligence is shown to be the cause of the injury.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death can occur in any of the above categories and may also be the result of an intentional act.
Vineyard personal injury attorney Ed Smith discusses the importance of a holistic approach to helping a client:Helping Others Learn About Personal Injuries
Over the years, I’ve tried to help others understand personal injuries and answer their questions. For 10 years, I appeared on a television show on cable, Ask the Lawyer, where people could ask questions. I also penned two books. Both are available on Amazon as a free download to your Kindle. One is called The Ultimate California Auto Accident Handbook. It explains all you need to know after you’ve been injured in an accident such as the time limit for filing a claim and the recovery of future earnings for long-term disabilities. As a Vineyard auto accident lawyer, it has been my honor to have helped many people over the years. The other is the California Motorcycle Accident Handbook. Included are the answers to common questions such as what to do if you are unable to work or how a hit-and-run case is handled.My Holistic Approach
I know that my clients are more than their injury or loss, and I understand how their lives have been upended by it. This is why I believe that getting to know my clients is important. Over the years, my staff and I have become good friends with many. They are always welcome to drop by and say hello as well as share a cup of coffee with us. We do our best to answer all their questions about their case and explain what is going on and what is expected to happen. By keeping them up-to-date on the latest developments and discussing the case with them, our clients become part of the team.Rankings
Reading reviews by prior clients and looking over the cases a law firm has handled is a good way to learn about them. This is the reason I include links to the following sites:
Over the years, there have been certain questions that my clients have asked, especially right after an accident. Some of them that relate to Vineyard, California include:
Q: My car was damaged in the crash. Can you recommend a mechanic in the Vineyard CA area?
A: Yelp reviews point towards the following mechanics with good ratings by clients:
9864 Dino Dr
Elk Grove, CA 95624
Phone number: (916) 685-7997
9253 Elk Grove Blvd.
Elk Grove, CA 95624
Phone number: (916) 686-5277
9722 Kent St.
Elk Grove, CA 95624
Phone number: (916) 686-6770
Q: Where can I find a car rental agency that is highly rated near Vineyard, California?
A: There are several good car rental agencies in the area, according to Yelp reviews. Some include:
5941 Power Inn Rd.
Sacramento, CA 95824
Phone number: (916) 381-3300
6327 Franklin Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95824
Phone number: (916) 428-1800Vineyard Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Vineyard car accident and personal injury lawyer. Accidents cause serious injuries every day. Many of them are caused by the negligence of another and result in high medical bills, pain and suffering and time lost at work. My team and I work hard to obtain just compensation for those who were injured. I believe that no one should bear the financial loss when the accident would not have happened except for the negligence of another. My case evaluations are free. Please phone me at (916) 921-6400 for my free and friendly advice. You can also reach me at (800) 404-5400 if you are outside the area.
Photo by saurav sen from Pexels
:cd cha [cs 2052]
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 12.27.19]