Ukiah Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
As the largest city in Mendocino County, Ukiah is the center of activity for the county. It was recently cited by a top travel guide as the best small town in California and was named the 6th best small town. Ukiah boasts a population of about 16,000 people.
If you or a family member has been injured in an accident in Ukiah or anywhere else in Mendocino County, reach out to our experienced injury lawyers at (707) 564-1900 for free, friendly advice.Personal Injury Legal Services for Ukiah Residents
An attorney’s area of focus matters, focusing solely on personal injury law since we began practicing law in the early 1980s. A specific focus on an area of law is an outstanding quality that prospective clients should examine when looking for legal representation. It indicates an intimate knowledge of a particular area of law, along with the nuances and special procedures involved.
We offer this type of seasoned legal counsel to clients. We are well-versed in the necessary arguments to establish a defendant’s liability, collect the substantial evidence to support a case, and how to advocate aggressively for clients before insurance corporations who do not have their best interests at heart.Choosing a Personal Injury Attorney
Even if you decide not to pick us to help you with your accident claim, please take a moment to watch this video that will help you select the best Ukiah personal injury attorney for your case.Types of Vehicle Crashes
There are many different kinds of vehicle crashes, and the potential severity of injuries involved depends on each situation.
- General Vehicle Crashes -In 2020, California reported around 3,723 motor-vehicle deaths, a slight increase from the year before. Most deaths from motor vehicles in California involve passenger cars, with light trucks and then motorcycles accounting for a smaller portion of such deaths.
- Pedestrian Accidents - In California, pedestrian fatalities account for 697 deaths in 2014. Traffic fatalities in motor vehicle crashes have dramatically decreased over the last two decades but still comprise 15 percent of all crash fatalities. There were 4,884 pedestrian fatalities in 2014, 35 percent lower than 1975 and 2 percent more economical since the previous year.
- Motorcycle Accidents - Motorcycle accident deaths rose to 519 in California in 2014, compared with 463 in 2013. Nationwide, 4,295 motorcyclists died in vehicle crashes. Motorcycle fatalities comprised 13 percent of all motor vehicle crash deaths in 2014. Although motorcycles are capable of high performance, they tend to be less visible than other vehicles and offer less stability. Motorcycles do not provide riders the protection of an enclosed vehicle, so motorcyclists are more likely to be killed or suffer injuries.
- Truck Accidents - The U.S. Department of Transportation reports that California has recorded the most truck accidents in the last ten years out of all the states. Nearly nine percent of all fatal crashes in California involved at least one large commercial truck. Data from DOT reveals that most fatalities in large truck crashes involve occupants of passenger vehicles. The primary issue surrounding this is that individuals traveling in smaller vehicles are more vulnerable to large truck crashes.
Where are the most dangerous intersections in Ukiah?
The following intersections had the most accidents in Ukiah.
- Brush St and Mazzoni St
- Clara Ave and Myron St
- East Perkins St and Pomeroy Ave
- East Perkins St and Rt 101
- North Bush St and Arlington Dr
- North State St and Brush St
- North State St and Low Gap Rd
- North State St and Magnolia St
- North State St and Norton St
- North State St and West Standley St
- Oak Manor Dr and El Rio St
- Oak Manor Dr and Mohawk Dr
- Rt 101 and Perkins St
- School St and Stephenson St
- South Orchard Ave and Peach St
- West Clay St and S. Barnes St
If you or a family member has been seriously hurt in an accident, please call our skilled Ukiah personal injury lawyers today at (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
Our legal team at AutoAccident.com has been serving clients in Ukiah and throughout the California coast with their personal injury and wrongful death cases since 1982.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 11.23.21]
Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay