Susanville, CA Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are suffering serious injuries from an accident, your quality of life has definitely decreased.
My goal is to educate the general public about their rights regarding personal injury matters, as well as help victims who have been seriously injured in accidents recover maximum compensation so they can focus on their total well-being. I am often referred to as the “personal” personal injury attorney because I have a genuine concern for people who have suffered a serious injury, their family members, and their needs and desires.I Have Personally Dealt With Pain and Near-Death Experiences
I understand what physical pain can do to a person because I have personally experienced numerous injuries during my life. I have also had four near-death experiences. I am well aware of how pain, anxiety, financial stress, and even grief can wear on a person, not only physically, but also psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually.Holistic Approach to Healing
That is why I take a holistic approach as a lawyer. I not only work to obtain the maximum compensation my clients are entitled to, but I also focus on helping them heal psychologically, emotionally, and spiritually as they recover from their financial and physical injuries.Advocating for Susanville Victims with Serious Injuries
I've helped residents in Susanville and surrounding areas with their personal injury and wrongful death claims since 1982.
Many of the clients I have handled cases for suffered from injuries resulting from:
- Vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Dog or animal bite accidents
- Farming accidents
- Products that were dangerous or defective
- Slip and fall incidents (or other premises liability incidents)
Other cases I have successfully handled include:
You may be wondering why I would expect victims who have suffered serious injuries to come all the way to my Sacramento office for legal representation. After all, it is a 185-mile trip, and there are plenty of personal injury lawyers in Susanville, as well as between Susanville and Sacramento, to choose from.
For starters, I have done some quick research, and only one of the lawyers in the Susanville and surrounding areas has a review on Yelp – and that lawyer only has one review. Additionally, the average ratings of personal injury lawyers in the local area of Susanville on Avvo are between a 6 and a 7. Furthermore, I have not found many lawyers in your area who list their successful settlements and verdicts, which, in my opinion, would be something to get excited about on a personal injury attorney website.Choosing the Right Susanville Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are suffering from serious injuries right now, you need to find a good lawyer as quickly as possible. It is difficult enough to handle your day-to-day life with the added stress of doctors’ appointments, bills stacking up to the ceiling, and your injuries complicating everything. However, that does not mean that you should make a hasty decision and hire just any attorney.
In fact, you should do extensive research on potential personal injury lawyers if you want to obtain maximum compensation for your injuries. Before you choose anyone to take on your case (including myself), you should consider the following questions:
- Does the attorney focus solely on personal injury and/or wrongful death cases? You want to select a lawyer who has solid experience in personal injury law, not someone who dabbles in multiple areas of law, especially if your injuries are serious. You wouldn’t go to a dentist for foot surgery, would you?
- Does the attorney have an extensive online reputation? Check out Avvo, Google, and Yelp reviews before settling on a personal injury lawyer. Most people check out reviews before they buy a $10 product. It would make sense to do similar research when choosing a lawyer.
- Does the lawyer show a solid track record of successful trial verdicts? Check out the lawyer’s website to see if they list settlements and verdicts. If there is not a list on their website, ask them for a list. This is not an unusual question for a potential client to ask an attorney, so don’t be scared to ask. Most lawyers will be proud to brag about their successes.
- Does the attorney have extensive trial experience? Unfortunately, a lot of personal injury lawyers prefer to settle cases with the insurance companies, rather than take claims to court. What happens, though, if the insurance company refuses to offer you a fair deal? The last thing you want to do is settle for an unfair deal because you hired an attorney who is intimidated by – or unfamiliar with – the trial procedures.
Watch the video below for additional tips on how to select the best Susanville personal injury lawyer for your case.Susanville FAQ
Do you know which intersections in Susanville are the most dangerous for traffic accidents?
Yes. These were the most dangerous intersections in Susanville in 2011, 2012, and 2013:
- Rt. 36 and S McDow St
- Rt. 36 and Riverside Dr.
- N Roop St and Rt. 36
- Rt. 139 and Spring Ridge Dr.
- Ash St. and Paul Bunyan Rd.
- Russell Ave. and Paul Bunyan Rd.
Can you recommend a good rental car agency in Susanville?
Yes. The following rental car agency received a 5-star rating on Yelp:
Hertz Rent A Car
755 Alexander Street
I’m Ed Smith, a Susanville car accident lawyer. If you or a member of your family has been severely injured in an accident, give me a call today at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 locally for free, friendly advice.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 10.7.20]