Suisun City Auto Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Suisun City is a city of approximately 28,000 residents in Solano County. It is named for the Suisunes, a Native American tribe that once inhabited the area. Its history dates to the 1850s, when it was developed during the California Gold Rush.
As a personal injury lawyer in Sacramento, I work with many clients from Suisun City. After serving in the United States Air Force, I attended college at UC Davis. I fell in love with the area and decided to stay here permanently. I opened my law firm in 1982.
If you have been seriously injured in an accident caused by another party's negligence or you have lost a loved one to an accident due to negligence, you could be entitled to receive monetary compensation for your damages through a personal injury or wrongful death claim. I handle the following types of serious personal injury claim:
- Auto accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Truck accidents;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Pedestrian accidents;
- Dog bites;
- Slip and fall accidents;
- Accidents caused by vehicle malfunction;
- Brain injury cases;
- Wrongful death claims.
Although there are many personal injury law firms in Suisun City, not all of them are equally capable of handling your claim. Before you schedule your consultation with a law firm, you should have an idea about client experiences with the firm and the types of cases they handle. Client testimonials and lists of past verdicts on the firm's site are a great way to determine this, as are reviews on third party sites like Avvo, Yelp, and Google.
The Edward A Smith Law Offices has been reviewed on Avvo, Yelp, and Google. Through these reviews, you can get a sense of what our previous clients think of the legal services we provide.
If a firm does not have a list of previous trial verdicts on its site, you cannot know whether the firm has trial experience. Verdicts and settlements are two separate things: settlements are agreements reached outside the courtroom and verdicts are rulings made by the court. Our website lists our previous verdicts and settlements, demonstrating that we have experience handling claims that go to court as well as those that are settled.How to Select a Personal Injury Lawyer
Before you begin to interview potential lawyers to handle your case, watch the following video.
Always keep the following in mind:
- Your lawyer should be willing to go to court to settle your claim if necessary;
- Your lawyer should specialize in personal injury law, rather than simply dabble in it as a generalist;
- You should always feel comfortable speaking openly with your lawyer about the details of your case. If your lawyer makes you feel uncomfortable or intimidated, find a lawyer you feel you can easily speak with; and
- Your lawyer should be willing to discuss payment with you up front. Do not work with a lawyer who does not give you a quote before starting to work on your case.
Although Suisun City is approximately an hour away from Sacramento by car, consider working with my firm rather than one in Suisun City simply because it is closer. The compensation you receive for your damages is directly tied to how well your lawyer handles your case and in some cases, it makes more sense financially to drive to the lawyer who will give your claim a better chance of resulting in a fair settlement.More Information About Me
I am a member of the following professional organizations:
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum;
- The Brain Injury Association of California;
- The Consumer Attorneys of California; and
- The Capital City Trial Lawyers Association.
A few of The Edward A Smith Law Offices's previous verdicts and settlements include:
- $2,880,984 for a motor vehicle accident victim who suffered memory loss and disc herniation blocking 80 percent of her spinal canal;
- $350,000 for the victim of a pedestrian accident who suffered a left foot injury with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy; and
- $300,000 for the victim of a motor vehicle accident who suffered permanent kyphosis as the result of a back injury sustained in an accident caused by another driver's failure to use their headlights at night.
Do you know a good chiropractor in or near Suisun City?
This chiropractor has several good reviews on Yelp:
258 Sunset Ave
Suisun City, CA 94585
Phone number (707) 429-4861
Do you know of an auto repair shop in Suisun City?
The repair shop below has multiple good reviews on Yelp:
Hi-Tech Auto Services
237 Benton Ct
Suisun City, CA 94585
Phone number (707) 427-5220
Do you know the most dangerous intersections in Suisun City?
Our data does not show that any one intersection in Suisun City is more dangerous than others. All intersections are dangerous when compared to straight roadways because they require drivers to stop, alter their speed, and in some cases, merge. Suisun City is a very safe city for motorists. In 2013, only two collisions were recorded.
I'm Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer who works hard to seek the compensation clients from Suisun City and other areas of California deserve. If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident caused by another party's negligence, contact me at (707) 564-1900 for free and friendly advice.