South Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Our knowledgeable South Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney will provide you with free, friendly advice after a wreck.
If you need guidance after a serious motorcycle collision, look no further. I’m Ed Smith, and I am available to talk with you now at no cost or obligation. You can call me anytime at 916.921.6400.Aftermath of a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents can leave a person with immense physical and financial pain. After the accident, many motorcyclists need extensive medical attention for their injuries, including multiple surgeries and physical therapy. You might also be unable to return to work due to the extent of your injuries, or you may not even be able to work in your preferred occupation.Motorcycle Accidents Caused by Negligent Motorists
If your accident was caused by the negligence of a motorist, you could be entitled to financial compensation. The amount of compensation you can reasonably expect to obtain depends largely on the extent of your harms and losses, and the skill of your motorcycle accident injury lawyer.
An average of 90,000 motorcyclists are injured in accidents each year. Motorcycle accident deaths also make up of 14 percent of motor vehicle deaths. This is despite the fact that motorcycles account for under 1 percent of miles driven. Close to 98 percent of motorcycle accidents result in injuries.Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
When someone on a motorcycle is hit by a larger vehicle like a sedan, truck, or SUV, they usually endure significant bodily injuries. Studies have shown that roughly 30 percent of motorcycle accident injuries result in serious trauma to the motorcyclist's leg and 22 percent of injuries occur to the motorcyclists head and neck. Common injuries include:
- Head trauma, including a brain injury
- Femur Fractures
- Spinal cord damage
- Torn ligaments
- Damage to the motorcyclist's shoulder and/or ribs
- Amputation Injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Facial Lacerations
Your actions immediately after the accident can go a long way to influence the success of your injury claim. Here are the things you should do, if you are physically able to do them.
- Call police and report the accident: Unless in a situation where you are transported by an ambulance, you should report the accident to the police. The police will report the facts and the appropriate parties to the accident. You should try to make sure you get a copy of the police report to be sure all appropriate facts were included.
- Take photos of the accident scene and your injuries: This can prove to be invaluable evidence that may be shown to a judge or jury to show the extent of your harms and losses.
- Get treatment for any bodily injuries: If you sustain serious injuries, you need to go to the emergency room. Even if you feel your injuries are "not that bad," you should still get medical attention. Some injuries do not immediately manifest, and when they do, it might be too late.
- Get the name and insurance information of the motorist: Obtaining the full name, phone number, and name of the motorist's insurance company is important because this information can be utilized by your attorney when filing a claim on your behalf.
It is important to assess who may be held liable in your motorcycle accident injury case.
- Negligent motorist: This is the most common identifiable defendant in a motorcycle accident injury case. You were hit and injured by a motorist who was speeding, texting and driving, intoxicated, or failed to follow the rules of the road. In most cases, the auto insurance company of the motorist will be the source of financial recovery.
- Employers of certain drivers: If the person behind the wheel of a company car or truck caused your accident, this may mean you can file a claim against both the negligent driver and their employer. This is due to a legal doctrine known as respondeat superior. It basically means that an employer is held responsible for the negligent acts of their employees when that negligence occurs within the scope of employment.
- Manufacturer:If a defect in the motorcycle’s design, assembly or build contributed to the accident, the manufacturer could be a potential defendant.
The losses from a motorcycle accident are usually worse than from other vehicular accidents. A competent South Sacramento motorcycle accident lawyer will be able to make sure you get the right damages. Here are the various types of damages you could be entitled to if you are engaged in a motorcycle accident.
- Medical Bills: Serious injuries from a motorcycle accident can cost a fortune to effectively treat. For instance, treating a head injury can cost between $30,000 and $100,000 (and that does not even include the long-term cost of care). This is quite a burden that many victims cannot ordinarily bear. If your South Sacramento motorcycle accident lawyer can successfully prove the negligence of the other party, you can receive compensation for your medical bills.
- Pain, suffering and mental anguish:A serious injury may force you to miss important family events and leave you unable provide support for loved ones. These are compensable harms. Due to the intangible nature of pain and suffering, there is no fixed formula for calculating the value of these damages.
- Wage Loss:If the injury you sustained in the accident prevents you from working, you can get compensation for the income lost during the period you weren’t able to work. In a situation where you will be permanently unable to work, your South Sacramento motorcycle accident attorney may be able to retain the services of an economist to calculate your future earnings. When this is established, you could get damages for the value of your future earnings.
Suffering a serious injury in a motorcycle accident can leave you damaged physically and struggling both financially and psychologically. Your world may feel as if it has been turned upside down. This is the time to call an experienced South Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney. An attorney can navigate the injury claim process so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.South Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a South Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney. Have you or someone you love been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of another party? Please call me as soon as you are able at 916.921.6400 for compassionate, free and friendly advice. I can also be reached online through my website, AutoAccident.com.
I take cases on a contingency fee basis. This means there are no fees for you to come up with up front. I get paid at the successful conclusion of your injury case. So why not call me today?
I have worked to serve the Northern California community since 1982, helping people who have been hurt or have lost a loved one in an accident. You can find some of my valued client reviews posted online through: Yelp, Avvo, and Google.
My work as a trial advocate has earned me the recognition of the Million Dollar Forum. This attorneys’ group is reserved for injury lawyers who have obtained verdicts in excess of $1 Million USD.
See some of my past Verdicts and Settlements.
:sb rey [cs 1278] L@T 11.15.17