South Lake Tahoe Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
South Lake Tahoe is the city with the largest population in El Dorado County, California. Located on the state line between California and Nevada - it is home to more than 21,000 residents.
South Lake Tahoe enjoys a bustling tourism industry. It is home to several major casinos including Harrah’s, Harvey’s, and MontBleu. There is a wide variety of places to enjoy a delicious meal, such as the restaurant on the grounds of the Edgewood Resort. In addition to being a wonderland for outdoor activities like skiing, camping, hiking, and boating, South Lake Tahoe is also a shopper’s paradise, with many unique retailers occupying spaces within Heavenly Village.Selecting a South Lake Tahoe Personal Injury Lawyer
People are often intimidated by the prospect of searching for the right attorney for their case. It is a process that can seem daunting, particularly because so many factors play into the decision of who to hire. Potential clients often resort to searching the Internet to find representation, and such searches can produce an extensive list of possibilities. This can be confusing. We would like to offer some suggestions on things to consider when searching for a top-rated South Lake Tahoe personal injury lawyer.Read Yelp and Google Reviews
Like other types of businesses, law firms often have a social media presence that can be informative for prospective clients. Sites like Yelp provide past clients with the opportunity to give reviews and rate a firm. Unlike some South Lake Tahoe attorneys, our law firm actively maintains a Yelp profile, and we have received numerous five-star reviews. Similarly, we maintain a Google profile that has received accolades from former and current clients. We embrace social media reviews because we are confident about the quality of the representation that our office provides. Our customer reviews speak volumes as to the kind of service you will receive when you choose our office to handle your personal injury case.Check For an Avvo Rating
Another measure of law firm excellence is attorney peer reviews on sites such as Avvo. This site calculates review ratings by using mathematical models. It looks at data from state bar associations and other public websites. Some South Lake Tahoe law firms do not provide peer-review profiles on Avvo. In contrast, our Avvo listing reveals that we have received a rating of 10 out of 10 - the highest possible rating. This speaks volumes regarding our standing in the legal community.Look for Client Testimonials
The importance of actual client testimonials cannot be understated when you are searching for legal representation. Such testimonials provide evidence of the quality of representation a firm can provide, especially since they demonstrate that past clients go the extra mile to give a testimonial. Notably, our law firm's former and current clients have provided written, audio, and video testimonials that offer detailed accounts of how we have assisted them with their cases and provided them with compassionate representation.
Our firm has practiced personal injury law exclusively since 1982. This is an essential quality that potential clients should look for when considering an injury attorney because it translates into a higher level of knowledge in that particular field. Lawyers with a depth of experience in personal injury law are better suited to achieve favorable results for clients than those with a general law practice. We do nothing but provide expert personal injury-focused legal representation for our clients. We know how to establish liability, collect the right evidence, and aggressively advocate for the interests of our clients.Transparency With Past Verdicts and Settlements
We make available on our website an extensive list of past verdicts and settlements that we have achieved on behalf of our clients, some of which are multi-million dollar amounts. Because of our successes, our firm has been admitted into the Million Dollar Forum, an organization for personal injury lawyers who have successfully obtained verdicts and settlements of at least a million dollars. We are not intimidated by insurance companies that refuse to fully compensate our clients for their damages. Our record of successful verdicts shows that we are not afraid to take the right cases to trial.Choose an Attorney Who Is Active in the Legal Community
We maintain active memberships in various legal associations. First and foremost, we have continuously maintained good standing with the California State Bar. We are also members of the Capital City Trial Lawyers Association and the American Trial Lawyers Association.
Here is a YouTube video we created that will help you select the best personal injury attorney in South Lake Tahoe:Find an Attorney With Northern California Experience
The vast majority of our clients are residents of Northern California. Our team members know this region - we live, work, and vacation in Northern California. We have advocated for South Lake Tahoe residents who have suffered serious injuries for nearly four decades.
During our initial consultation with a potential client, we can meet in person, via telephone, or over a videoconferencing app such as Zoom. With technology, nearly all aspects of the required paperwork can be handled electronically. Sometimes a face-to-face meeting is the best way to begin our advocacy, and we will always make that happen in the most convenient way possible for our clients.Severe Personal Injury and Wrongful Death in South Lake Tahoe
Our law firm is a highly focused legal practice that only handles serious personal injury matters in South Lake Tahoe. These cases include:
- Serious Motor Vehicle Accidents. Our practice is limited to representing clients in severe vehicle accidents such as head-on collisions, motorcycle crashes, and large truck accidents that result in severe injuries or death, multi-vehicle accidents, or pedestrian accidents involving disabling injuries or death. South Lake Tahoe residents and visitors may also find themselves in serious boating accidents. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, South Lake Tahoe had 45 total injuries and deaths caused by traffic crashes in 2013, 22 involved alcohol use. The city had one pedestrian fatality and 14 pedestrian injuries in the same year.
- Products Liability, such as vehicle defects. We can pursue a product liability case involving a vehicle's dangerous manufacturing or design defect that resulted in a serious or fatal motor vehicle crash. These cases are complex and involve lots of expert testimony and witnesses and an extensive collection of evidence.
- Premises Liability. These cases involve injuries suffered by people while present in commercial establishments where there was a dangerous condition or situation. Slip and fall accidents are common types of premises liability personal injury cases. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) indicates that falls are the top non-vehicular cause of accidental deaths in the United States. Many possible factors may contribute to the likelihood of a slip and fall, including poorly-made walkways, slippery floors because of poor design or liquid substances, inadequate warnings, or poor lighting.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries. Traumatic brain injuries, also known as “TBI,” can result from head trauma such as being in a motor vehicle accident or taking a fall. Brain injuries do not always manifest immediately after the injuring event, but in time begin to reveal emotional, physical, or cognitive disabilities. Some folks with this type of injury have to endure it for the remainder of their lives. We typically use qualified medical experts to prove a traumatic brain injury and obtain compensation for my clients who have to live with the life-altering and long-term effects of TBIs.
- Wrongful Death. Wrongful death cases arise when someone passes away due to another person’s negligence or acts of recklessness. We help families file wrongful death claims on behalf of their spouse, children, domestic partner, siblings, parents, or other family members with legitimate legal interests as defined under California law. Plaintiffs in wrongful death matters can recover compensation for a wide variety of damages, including hospital and medical bills, funeral costs, and lost income (including potential future earnings) from the family member who lost their life.
Where are the most dangerous intersections in South Lake Tahoe?
Here is a historical listing of dangerous intersections in South Lake Tahoe with the highest frequency of motor vehicle accidents.
- Emerald Bay Rd & Lake Tahoe Blvd
- Emerald Ln & 5th St
- Fairway Ave & Fawn Way
- Glen Rd & Rocky Point Rd
- Glenwood Way and Fairway Ave
- Lake Tahoe Blvd & Emerald Bay Rd
- Lake Tahoe Blvd & Heavenly Village Way
- Lake Tahoe Blvd & Tahoe Keys Blvd
- Lake Tahoe Blvd & Transit Way
- Lake Tahoe Blvd & Wildwood Ave
- Lake Tahoe Blvd & Winnemucca Ave
- Lake Tahoe Blvd & 2nd St
- Lake Tahoe Blvd & 4th St
- Martin Ave & Knox Ave
- Palmira Ave & Reno Ave
- Route 50 & Lake Tahoe Blvd
- Ski run Blvd & Pioneer Trail
- Ski Run Blvd & Tamarack Ave
- Pioneer Trail & Walkup Rd
- Wildwood Ave & Alder Ave
- 4th St & Barton Ave
If you or someone close to you has been seriously injured in an accident, please call our experienced South Lake Tahoe personal injury lawyers at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 8.25.21]