Signs and Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury or Concussion
Often individuals do not notice or are aware that they are having problems. Many people may not know why they are having problems and what their problems really are, which can make them anxious and feel more stressed than usual.
The symptoms and indicators of a concussion or TBI can be unclear. Often, many problems may go unnoticed by others, or even doctors.
If you believe you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury in an accident due to negligence, contact our experienced injury attorneys at (916) 921-6400 for a free consultation.When to Seek Immediate Medical Attention
It's important to know the signs and symptoms of traumatic brain injury (TBI) in adults. In unusual cases, a hazardous blood clot may form on the brain as a result of a concussion.
Given the seriousness of such an injury, it is very important to consult with a health care professional soon after suffering a TBI or concussion.How to Spot a TBI
Symptoms to be aware of:
- Headache that worsens and remains for a period of time
- Cognitive difficulties
- Nausea or vomiting
- Slurred speech
- Appear or feel drowsy, and of course, if knock unconsciousness
- One pupil is larger than the other
- Suffering convulsions or seizures
- Having difficulty recognizing people or where they are
- Are getting more and more confused, restless, or agitated
- Have an unusual behavior
- Lose consciousness (a brief loss of consciousness should be taken seriously and the person should be carefully monitored)
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) or concussion signs in Children:
- All signs are similar to those of an adult listed above
- An inability to stop crying
- An inability to eat or drink
If you or a loved one has suffered a head or brain injury and would like to discuss your legal options, contact us online or call 916.921.6400 to get free, friendly advice from an experienced Sacramento Brain Injury Lawyer.
We are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
See our client reviews on Avvo, Google, and Yelp, and our past cases on our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 12.1.20]