Santa Barbara Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Give me a call if you find yourself injured in a taxi accident near the Santa Barbara Airport, a truck crash on U.S Highway 101, while visiting Channel Islands National Park, or anywhere across Santa Barbara County.Selecting a Personal Injury Attorney in Santa Barbara
Trying to pick a Santa Barbara personal injury attorney can be a daunting task. Many become overwhelmed as to the sheer amount of potential possibilities just from a simple Internet search. Especially if you or a loved one is already facing an injury, it can seem impossible to decide who to choose in the Santa Barbara area.
- Be Sure To Check Yelp and Google Reviews - One of the best ways to evaluate if a law firm is right for you is to check out its presence on social media. Many attorneys take advantage of websites like Yelp, which let clients write reviews that can be seen by anyone interested. Some other law firms across Santa Barbara do not advertise the rankings and reviews that they receive, or only have a handful of ratings. We have many from satisfied clients. I’m proud of the high quality of service my office provides, and I embrace reviews across social media and on platforms like Yelp, (where my rating is 5 stars out of 5). My Google profile is also worth checking. I’m proud to consistently receive such high ratings, and you should feel confident that you will always receive a 5-star service when you use my office to handle your personal injury case.
- Check For An Avvo Rating - AVVO uses a mathematical model to look at a lawyer’s background, which is partially based on information that can be found publically, like personal websites and state bar associations. Avvo ratings are great to use alongside client reviews because they can not be purchased and all lawyers are subject to the same standards, which means you get an unbiased, objective evaluation. Avvo reviews are also based on feedback from other lawyers and Judges in the community. I’m proud to have the highest possible ratings, 10 out of 10.
- Look For Client Testimonials - One of the most essential elements when selecting a personal injury attorney to represent you is the presence of actual client testimonials. These give you valuable evidence as to the quality of the legal service a firm can provide.
- Chose an Attorney Who Publishes and Speaks In His or Her Field of Expertise - Are the prospective personal injury attorneys that you are considering experts in their field? Highly experienced lawyers can often be seen speaking and writing about their profession. Can you find instances where they talked to the media, or published articles that they have written? Have they spoken to law students at universities or other professionals at seminars? I’ve written articles about car accident personal injury and motorcycle accident cases that you can find on Amazon or download to your Kindle. I used to host a talk show about personal injuries. I’m always honored to share my knowledge and experiences with the people around me.
- I Practice In Personal Injury Law Exclusively - I’m very proud to have successfully represented numerous clients during my years as a personal injury attorney, and my website lists my past verdicts and settlements. I’ve been admitted to the Million Dollar Forum because I have gotten verdicts and settlements that total more than US$ 1 million. After working with me, some of my clients have seen recoveries that range anywhere from $300,000 to around $25 million. It takes a lot of money to take a case to trial. You’re going to want an attorney who is not afraid to take on insurance companies who fail to act in good faith. I’m ready and able to ensure that the rights of my clients are maintained.
- Chose an Attorney Who Is Active in the Legal Community - I’m always happy to network and befriend others in the legal community. I enjoy a good standing with the California State Bar and am active in a variety of legal associations. I’m a member of the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association and the American Trial Lawyers Association.
Watch the following video for more tips on how to select the right personal injury lawyer.Severe Personal Injury and Wrongful Death in Santa Barbara
My services are focused, experienced, and professional, and my firm only handles serious personal injury matters in Santa Barbara. Some of the cases that we tackle include:
- Serious Motor Vehicle Accidents: My office focuses on accidents that lead to severe injury or death. These include head-on collisions, large truck crashes, or severe pedestrian accidents.
- Products Liability: If your vehicle crash was the result of a design defect or dangerous manufacturing, I could work with you to help collect the evidence and get the testimonies you need to build a product liability case.
- Premises Liability: These sorts of cases come after slip and fall accidents which include factors like poorly constructed walkways, or inadequate warnings.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): I call upon qualified experts to prove cases of traumatic brain injury, which can occur after being in an accident or falling. TBI is usually life-altering and does not always reveal itself right after a person gets injured.
- Wrongful Death: I’ve helped families file claims after someone passes away due to negligence or recklessness by another person. Plaintiffs can receive compensation for things like medical bills and burial costs.
Do you know of a good chiropractor in Santa Barbara?
Yes, below is a chiropractor in the area with good Yelp reviews
Santa Barbara Family Chiropractic
360 S Hope Ave
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
What are some good auto repair shops in Santa Barbara?
The repair shop below has several positive ratings on Yelp.
Santa Barbara Autowerks, Inc.
515 Fig Avenue
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
What are some of the most dangerous intersections in Santa Barbara?
These locations have some of the highest accident rates
- Las Posadas Road & RT 101
- Cliff Drive & Las Gaviotas
- State Street & Mission Street
I’m Ed Smith, a Santa Barbara car accident lawyer. Call my office immediately at (805) 372-0200 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice if you or someone you love has been injured in an accident.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 9.9.20]
:ko EAS bw (cs 1319)Image by Rafa CM from Pixabay