San Ramon Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
San Ramon is an attractive and family-focused city in Contra Costa County, California. The area has beautiful Mt. Diablo as its backdrop. San Ramon is close enough to San Francisco and Santa Cruz for day trips or weekend getaways. With a population of more than 84,000, its increasing popularity and area traffic can adversely affect your life if a negligent driver or other entity causes you an injury. A San Ramon personal injury attorney may be able to help you recover financial compensation if this occurs.
You need an auto accident attorney in San Ramon who cares about you when a recent crash has affected your life. At AutoAccident.com, our compassionate and skilled lawyers can assist you in obtaining the financial compensation you need to cover your losses and move forward with your life. For more information on how our legal team can help, call us today at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice on your potential case.A Free Review of Your Injury Case is Just a Call Away
You do not need to handle a traffic collision claim alone if it was caused by someone else. Our San Ramon personal injury lawyers have years of experience handling cases like yours. We can help you after a life-changing crash in Contra Costa County, CA. We have been representing injured clients since 1982 in all accidents, and we can do the same for you.
Whether a jury verdict or an insurance settlement, we will do everything possible to ensure a favorable outcome for you. Obtain a free consultation with one of our skilled injury lawyers to learn more about what we can do to assist you in obtaining the compensation you deserve.Are Traffic Collisions Common in San Ramon, CA?
California's Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) released its most recent report on traffic crashes for 2019, which found 211 injuries and fatalities in San Ramon caused by collisions. There were 42 accidents involving alcohol, around 31 were related to speeding, and 10 were hit-and-runs. Fourteen involved pedestrians, and 20 were bicycle riders.What is My San Ramon Auto Accident Claim Worth?
It's common to wonder how much a personal injury claim will be worth after a motor vehicle crash. The number and severity of the injuries, the insurance coverage on the at-fault party's vehicle, and other factors may determine the claim amount.
In such claims, recoverable damages are either economic or non-economic. Economic damages include monetary expenses, such as medical bills for a traumatic injury. Non-economic damages represent the intangibles, such as the emotional and psychological damage the accident injury caused. Below are some examples of damages you may recover:
- Medical Expenses: A plaintiff may be entitled to reimbursement for past and future medical costs associated with the accident. For some, the medical treatment for their injuries may have been completed. For others, the injury is ongoing and requires further care, and more medical bills will accrue. Generally, prognosis reports from physicians caring for the injured party and expert witnesses are used to establish the cost of future treatment and care.
- Lost wages: The injured party may be entitled to reimbursement for lost wages if they miss unpaid work because of the accident. A San Ramon personal injury lawyer can help calculate the lost income, including insurance and pension benefits, bonuses, and more. If the injury is expected to continue into the future or the injured party has to take a lower-paying job, those losses can be factored in also. If the injury results in permanent disability, the lost wages can be factored in until retirement.
- Pain and suffering: Recovery of damages for pain and suffering refers not only to the physical side but the psychological and emotional trauma the accident caused. The recovery of damages for emotional and psychological trauma must include compelling evidence such as professional treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Loss of consortium: Compensation for loss of consortium may be sought when a traffic collision damages a married relationship. Additionally, damages for loss of consortium could also be considered where the claimant has been severely injured, such as suffering spinal cord trauma and thus unable to conceive a child in the future.
When you are involved in a traffic collision, you must seek medical attention afterward, even if you think your injury wasn't serious. This is because some traffic accident symptoms are delayed and may arise a few hours to days or weeks later. In addition, without documentation of your accident and injury, the insurance company can deny your compensation claim. The physician will note any symptoms, essential to document your injury and support your claim later. Some of the reasons an insurance company can deny your claim include:
- When someone involved in a traffic collision does not immediately seek medical attention, the insurance adjuster can say that your injury was not severe and did not require care and deny your claim. Your San Ramon car accident lawyer can show that your symptoms were delayed and use an expert witness to prove it.
- The insurer may say that your medical condition was pre-existing and unrelated to the accident, which was why you didn't seek medical attention immediately. However, claimants with pre-existing conditions can still obtain compensation because it can be shown that your accident worsened your previous trauma.
- A typical insurance company tactic is using gaps in treatment to deny a claim. Your injury lawyer can argue that medical scheduling was the physician's choice, not the client's.
Additional tactics used by an insurance company include:
- Because you didn't seek medical treatment immediately, there is no proof that your trauma resulted from the accident.
- Delaying until the injured person either gives up or settles for a much lower offer than they deserve is a ploy used by some insurance companies.
- Sitting on the claim until it is too late to file a personal injury lawsuit is a common tactic insurance companies use.
- Supplying the injured party with the wrong forms to fill out or delaying accepting them occurs all too often.
- Playing telephone tag or putting the policyholder on hold for long periods prevents the client from seeking the compensation they need.
- $15,000 bodily injury coverage, which covers one individual in an accident who suffers harm or dies.
- $30,000 bodily injury coverage for multiple people injured in a traffic accident. This amount is shared among those who are injured.
- $5,000 liability coverage for property damage in a traffic accident.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, California ranks as the 10th highest state in the number of uninsured drivers at 16.6 percent. Because of the high number of motorists who are either uninsured or underinsured, many drivers opt to take this add-on policy. Because most drivers with little to no liability coverage do not have the financial means to pay for accident injuries to others, having this additional protection may be crucial.Dealing With the Insurance Company After a Traffic Accident Injury
Discussing your accident and injury with the insurance adjuster can feel like walking a tightrope. How much information is too little? How much info could cause you problems? It is important to remember that insurance companies are in business to make profits, and it is in their best interest to pay as little as possible.
Adjusters become especially concerned when injuries are involved because medical care is so expensive, and the accident may have caused severe trauma or a permanent disability. It is their advantage to get the injured party to accept an offer and sign off on it as quickly as possible. Unfortunately for the injured party, the amount they receive in an early settlement may be too little to cover all their medical expenses and other losses, and they can't go back and ask for more.Handling an Insurance Claim
When a collision involves trauma, it is essential to speak first with a San Ramon personal injury lawyer about your car accident. Don't give a recorded statement until you do this. Your lawyer knows all the ins and outs of dealing with an insurance company to obtain the best resolution for your case. In addition, the law firm can handle the negotiations for you with the insurer and protect your rights. It has been demonstrated that using an attorney to handle your accident case means you can recover two to three times more compensation than if you handled it yourself. It is always free to call and talk to us.Can I Afford to Hire an Injury Lawyer to Handle My Case?
Our San Ramon car accident and personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means the injured client pays nothing until they receive their compensation. The lawyer's fee usually comes through the settlement with the insurance company or a jury verdict if the case goes to court. To discover how to choose an accident lawyer near San Ramon to handle your case, take a look at the following video:Contact our Personal Injury Lawyers in San Ramon, CA
Our San Ramon personal injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com have successfully handled all types of accidents since 1982 and can also help you. Get free, friendly advice on your case by contacting our legal team at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400. We can also be reached online, and we're available whenever you have questions about your case or want to discuss options for moving forward. On our Verdicts and Settlements page, you can see how we have helped past clients with their accident cases.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 9.13.22]
:cd  bw