San Leandro Brain Injury Lawyer
Blunt force trauma to the head from an accident may lead to a traumatic brain injury (TBI). This type of injury may affect an individual’s psychological, physical, and cognitive ability to continue their life as before the incident. In some severe cases, the injured party’s family must assume the duties of life-long rehabilitation and care. An experienced brain injury lawyer can help provide the support and guidance an injured party and their family needs during this difficult time.
A TBI or other type of head trauma from an accident may have lasting effects on your life. If someone else's negligence caused the crash, our skilled San Leandro brain injury lawyers could help you seek maximum compensation. Call us for free, friendly case advice at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400.
You deserve to have a top-rated San Leandro brain injury lawyer by your side. Your TBI attorney will stop at nothing to seek justice and maximum financial recovery for what you have gone through. AutoAccident.com has effectively handled and resolved personal injury cases, including those involving TBI, since 1982. Contact our legal team today to schedule a free case evaluation to learn more about our services and how we can help you with your brain injury claim.What are the Common Reasons for Brain Injuries?
Any incident that results in blunt force trauma to the head may lead to a traumatic brain injury. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), research has shown that approximately half of TBI-related hospitalizations are due to slip and fall accidents. Conversely, traffic collisions are also common causes of traumatic brain injuries.What are the Signs and Symptoms of a TBI?
Symptoms do not always manifest immediately in every traumatic brain injury case. Therefore, it is essential to document any symptoms experienced in the days, weeks, and months following blunt-force trauma to the head. Some of the signs and symptoms of a TBI include:
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Changes in personality
- Feeling anxious or depressed
- Issues with concentration or memory
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Sleeping longer than usual
- Vomiting or nausea
The symptoms of a brain injury may last weeks or months. What is most unfortunate about this type of injury is that it has the potential to be permanent and chronic. Therefore, immediate medical treatment is key to a favorable prognosis in TBI cases.What Types of Damages are Recoverable in Brain Injury Cases?
In a personal injury case for a TBI, economic and non-economic damages may be recovered. Economic damages have a financial value and are generally proven through receipts, invoices, and other documentation. Non-economic damages are subjective, meaning that they vary from case to case. Some of the losses that may be recovered in a brain injury case include:
- Medical Treatment: Head trauma may be life-threatening and often requires extensive medical care. A skilled accident attorney will work with medical experts to determine the need for current and future medical treatment of a brain injury.
- Lost Income: Blunt force trauma to the head may lead to a moderate, mild, or serious TBI. In either of these scenarios, an injured party may be out of work temporarily or permanently. An injury attorney will work to seek compensation for lost wages and loss of future earnings.
- Pain and Suffering: A brain injury has the potential to diminish an individual’s quality of life through emotional suffering and physical pain. An injured party may be entitled to reimbursement for pain and suffering if their quality of life has been impacted by a TBI and associated injuries.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An injured party may require medical appliances and home/vehicle modifications to maintain their quality of life. An experienced San Leandro brain injury attorney can help seek reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses for medical needs from accident-related injuries.
Multiple parties may be responsible for an accident. A skilled brain injury attorney from San Leandro will assess the facts and circumstances of the case to determine which parties should be held liable for damages incurred.How Can a Lawyer Help with a Traumatic Brain Injury Case?
An experienced San Leandro brain injury attorney can build a strong case to illustrate the harm experienced because of a TBI and how it has impacted their client’s life. This will help the judge or jury understand what the claimant has endured to date and will likely suffer in the future. A lawyer will work with expert witnesses to establish the life-long effects of head trauma, including daily tasks, the ability to work, and more. Our legal team from AutoAccident.com can help you with the following:
- Answer questions and concerns you may have about the process
- Contact you to provide regular updates regarding your brain injury case
- Gather and preserve evidence relevant to the incident before it is lost over time
- Identify all at-fault parties through an independent investigation of the incident
- Work with expert witnesses to determine the fair and reasonable value of damages
- Negotiate with insurers and defense counsel for maximum financial compensation
- Take the case to court if a settlement agreement cannot be reached with the other side
If you have additional questions about the legal process, do not hesitate to contact one of our experienced brain injury attorneys from San Leandro. Our legal team is available anytime to answer your questions and discuss your case in detail in a free consultation.How Much Time Do You Have for a Personal Injury Case in California?
There is a two-year statute of limitations for injury cases per CCP 335.1. This means that a case must be filed in civil court two years from the date of the incident. Conversely, a six-month statute of limitations may apply if the lawsuit names a public entity a defendant. This is by the California Government Code Section 911.2. The court may dismiss the case if the claimant fails to file it before the statute of limitations expires. To learn more, contact an experienced brain injury lawyer in San Leandro.Is it Expensive to Hire a Brain Injury Attorney for an Accident Case?
At our personal injury law firm, we pride ourselves on making recovery easy for our clients. That is why we proudly offer free case evaluations with our San Leandro brain injury attorneys. We also operate on a contingent fee basis. This means you will not be asked to pay attorneys’ fees unless we obtain a successful outcome. That is our promise to you when you hire us to handle your brain injury case. Contact our legal team today to learn more about how we can help.Discuss Your Case with a San Leandro Brain Injury Attorney
A traumatic brain injury from an accident may impact all aspects of your life. If you suffered head trauma because of someone else’s negligence, our legal team from AutoAccident.com could help. Contact us to arrange a meeting for free, friendly case advice with one of our skilled San Leandro brain injury lawyers at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400. Since 1982, we have worked hard to secure favorable verdicts and settlements for our clients, and we can do the same for you and your TBI case.
Photograph Source: “Anna Shvets” on Pexels
:ds [cs 1276] bw