Riverbank Wrongful Death Lawyer
Did you lose a loved one in a fatal accident? The attorneys of AutoAccident.com are here to help you through this difficult time. If you would like to contact our wrongful death law firm, call us at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400. We are available anytime to listen to your story and provide free, friendly legal advice.
As Riverbank wrongful death attorneys, we meet with families who have experienced some of the worst situations ever imaginable. For us, it is critical in our work to provide families a shoulder to lean on during the most difficult times of their lives. Our legal team understands that the wrongful death claims process can be emotionally trying, and we will always keep your needs and best interests in mind throughout your case. We want you to know that we are available anytime to lend a listening ear and discuss your potential options for justice and recovery.What is a Wrongful Death Claim, and How is Negligence Proven?
When the negligence of a person or entity results in loss of life, a wrongful death action may be filed against that party for damages incurred. Should a family decide to retain legal counsel for a wrongful death claim, the attorney's job is to prove that the at-fault party, or defendant, was liable for the loss of their loved one. The burden of proof falls on the Riverbank wrongful death attorney to prove that:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the lost loved one.
- The at-fault party breached that duty of care through carelessness or negligence.
- The negligent actions of the defendant caused a loved one’s wrongful death.
- The surviving family members of the decedent suffered wrongful death damages as a result.
In California, specific family members can bring a wrongful death lawsuit after the loss of a loved one. Generally, the victim’s surviving spouse, domestic partner, or children have priority when it comes to making a claim against the at-fault party, as outlined in the California Code of Civil Procedure Section 377.60. If another relative can prove financial reliance on the decedent, they may also be entitled to wrongful death compensation. This includes surviving parents, stepchildren, putative spouse (a person who was not officially married to the deceased but depended on them as if they were in a marital relationship), and children of the putative spouse. For a summary of who can bring a wrongful death claim in California, watch the video below by our law firm:What Types of Wrongful Death Damages Can a Family Recover?
California law provides a family with a way to recover financial compensation from negligent parties to rebuild their lives. Some of the economic and non-economic damages survivors may claim includes the following:
- End of life costs like medical bills and funeral expenses.
- Grief from the loss of a loved one’s protection, companionship, and care.
- Loss of the decedent’s financial contributions like future earnings and benefits like health insurance and pension.
- Mental anguish from losing a loved one to wrongful death.
- Punitive damages may be sought by a Riverbank wrongful death attorney to serve as a punishment for the at-fault party to deter similar tragedies from occurring to other families (some examples of cases that may seek punitive damages include the loss of a loved one in an accident caused by excessive speeding or drunk driving).
When your family comes to our wrongful death law firm for legal assistance, we will consider you a part of our own family. Our team of lawyers represents surviving family members in Stanislaus County and throughout California by bringing wrongful death cases over the loss of their close relatives. We handle wrongful death claims that involve:
- Auto Products Liability
- Bicycle Collisions
- Car Accidents
- Drug Products Liability
- Farm Accidents
- Hit and Run Crashes
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Truck Accidents
When searching for an experienced and compassionate Riverbank wrongful death lawyer, look no further. At AutoAccident.com, our legal team is here for you. We are available anytime to answer any questions your family may have and provide insight regarding your specific situation. We can help your family make informed decisions about your wrongful death car accident case by taking the time to understand your needs and keeping your best interests at heart.How a Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help Your Family
After losing a loved one in a fatal accident, you and your family may wonder what a lawyer can do to help and what benefit you all have by taking legal action. Our Riverbank wrongful death attorneys are here to help lessen your stress by handling all aspects of your case throughout the claims process. We want you and your family to focus on the memories you all had with your loved one. Serving Stanislaus County and other areas of California, our wrongful death lawyers can help your family by:
- Dealing with the insurance company on your behalf so you and your family can focus on recovering and grieving from your loss.
- Conducting an independent investigation into the cause of the fatal motor vehicle collision.
- Determining which party should be held financially accountable for wrongful death damages.
- Calculating the full and fair value of your wrongful death claim.
- Seeking wrongful death compensation from the insurance company representing the negligent individual or your own insurer if an uninsured/underinsured motorist claim (UM/UIM) is involved.
- Negotiating with the other party's insurance company as needed to obtain a wrongful death settlement.
- Taking the wrongful death case to court for a judge or jury to decide a fair verdict on the matter.
By providing legal representation and guidance to grieving family members in their wrongful death cases, we hope to obtain the justice and financial compensation you need to secure your futures. Our legal team also hopes that by holding parties financially accountable for their negligence, it can help prevent similar tragedies from happening to other families in the community.
:ds [cs 1065] cha