Rio Vista Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Fatal motorcycle collisions are all too frequent on US roadways, and California is no exception. Our state has the highest concentration of registered motorcyclists out of anywhere else in the country and, because of California’s high population, our roads are frequently filled with dangerous traffic. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, motorcycle deaths account for around 15.1 percent of total vehicle deaths across the state, causing well over 500 fatalities and 14,000 injuries every year.About The Rio Vista Area
Originally founded several miles north of its current location, Rio Vista was a small settlement named “Brazos del Rio” before being destroyed in a flood in the year 1862. The settlement was moved and renamed “Rio Vista” before being officials incorporated in December of 1893.
While Rio Vista is a relatively small community with an estimated population of just under 10,000 people, it is centrally located between some of the area’s largest cities, including Brentwood, Lodi, and Fairfield. Highway 12, which links these cities together, has been the site of many serious car accidents and can fill with heavy traffic that includes a high number of large commercial vehicles transporting agricultural products.Dangerous Intersections in Rio Vista
Like many other places in California, Rio Vista is a prevalent location for motorcyclists looking to enjoy a ride through beautiful scenery. Views of the delta attract a large number of motorcyclists to the area, and where there is traffic, accidents are likely to happen. Within the city limits of Rio Vista alone, there were nine motorcycle collisions over the last ten years. These crashes involved multiple severe injuries, as well as a fatality.
Some of the more dangerous intersections within the city of Rio Vista include:
- Front Street at River Road
- Fishing Access Park at River Road and State Route 12
- State Route 12 at Church Road
- State Route 12 at Virginia Drive
- State Route 12 at 5th Street
A motorcycle accident always has the potential to cause life-changing injuries. People who are injured during motorcycle crashes are very vulnerable and can sustain a wide range of different types of damages. These injuries can often come along with a lengthy recovery period that includes multiple medical procedures and extended physical therapy. In more extreme cases, a motorcycle accident can permanently change the way you live your life. Between paying for medical expenses and needing to take time off work, a motorcycle accident can be a severe financial issue as well. Examples of some more common motorcyclist injuries include:
- Bone fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Spinal cord trauma
- Organ damage
This video contains some helpful tips about how to avoid suffering an injury while riding your motorcycle:What Can I Recover Through a Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim?
In many cases, motorcyclists can recover payments for their accident-related damages by filing a personal injury claim against negligent parties and/or insurance companies. By filing such a claim, crash survivors and their families can receive compensation for a variety of losses including:
- Medical costs - ambulance rides, surgeries, hospital stays, and other expenses directly related to the crash.
- Future medical care - medication, therapy, home modifications, and other costs related to rehabilitation and injury management.
- Pain and suffering - families can recover payments for the emotional and psychological harm that accidents cause.
- Lost income - payments for lost wages and/or lost earning potential.
However, every case is different, and there may be even more types of compensation available to you depending on the specific details of your accident. The best way to find out what types of compensation you may be able to receive is to speak to an experienced attorney personally.Do I Need a Lawyer?
Often, people are unsure whether or not their accident case requires professional help, especially if they only suffered minor injuries. While it’s true that not every accident is right for a lawyer, it is always a good idea to consult with an attorney to get an idea of your legal options. Contacting a lawyer for advice is also a smart idea because most attorneys are happy to give you the information you need to move forward during a free phone consultation.How Do I Choose a Trustworthy Attorney?
Recovering after a crash can be a very stressful process; finding a trustworthy Rio Vista motorcycle accident lawyer shouldn’t be. There are a few key ways that you can make sure that your lawyer has the right skills and experience to handle your case. Watch out for:
- Reputation - It is essential to know that your lawyer is respected in the community they serve. To get an idea of an attorney’s reputation, you can easily visit their profiles on sites like Yelp or Avvo and read reviews from the people they have worked with.
- Experience - One of the most valuable things a lawyer can have is experience. You can make sure your lawyer has handled cases like yours by taking a look at the settlements and verdicts they have achieved in the past. If you can’t find a list on their website, you should feel free to ask a lawyer how they have successfully dealt with serious motorcycle cases in the past.
- Personal Comfort - Because your attorney will be working closely with you on a matter that is important to your life, you should make sure that you are personally comfortable with the lawyer you choose. Excellent communication and trust between a lawyer and their client can make a critical difference.
I’m Ed Smith, a Rio Vista motorcycle accident attorney. If you were seriously hurt or someone you love was killed during a motorcycle collision, call me for free, friendly advice.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 3.23.20]
:ms cha [cs 1056]