Rio Vista Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Fatal motorcycle collisions are too frequent on US roadways, and California is no exception. Our state has the highest concentration of registered motorcyclists out of anywhere else in the country, and because of California’s high population, our roads are frequently filled with dangerous traffic. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, motorcycle deaths account for around 15.1 percent of total vehicle deaths across the state, causing well over 500 fatalities and 14,000 injuries yearly.Serious Vehicle Accidents in Rio Vista
While Rio Vista is a relatively small community with an estimated population of just under 10,000 people, it is centrally located between some of the area’s largest cities, including Brentwood, Lodi, and Fairfield. Highway 12 links these cities and has been the site of many serious motorcycle and car accidents. The highway typically sees heavy traffic, including many large commercial vehicles transporting agricultural products.Dangerous Intersections in Rio Vista
Like many other places in California, Rio Vista is a prevalent location for motorcyclists looking to enjoy a ride through beautiful scenery. Views of the delta attract many motorcyclists to the area, and accidents are likely to happen where there is traffic. Within the city limits of Rio Vista alone, nine motorcycle collisions occurred over the last ten years. These crashes involved multiple severe injuries, as well as a fatality.
Some of the more dangerous intersections within the city of Rio Vista include:
- Front Street at River Road
- Fishing Access Park at River Road and State Route 12
- State Route 12 at Church Road
- State Route 12 at Virginia Drive
- State Route 12 at 5th Street
A motorcycle accident always has the potential to cause life-changing injuries. People injured during motorcycle crashes are vulnerable and can sustain a wide range of damages. These injuries can often accompany a lengthy recovery period, including multiple medical procedures and extended physical therapy. In more extreme cases, a motorcycle accident can permanently change how you live. Between paying for medical expenses and needing to take time off work, a motorcycle accident can also be a severe financial issue. Examples of some more common motorcyclist injuries include:
- Bone fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Spinal cord trauma
- Organ damage
Watch the YouTube video below to learn more about why injuries caused by a motorcycle accident tend to be more serious.What Can I Recover Through a Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim?
Motorcyclists can often recover payments for their accident-related damages by filing a personal injury claim against negligent parties and/or insurance companies. By filing such a claim, crash survivors and their families can receive compensation for a variety of losses, including:
- Medical costs - ambulance rides, surgeries, hospital stays, and other expenses directly related to the crash.
- Future medical care - medication, therapy, home modifications, and other rehabilitation and injury management costs.
- Pain and suffering - families can recover payments for the emotional and psychological harm that accidents cause.
- Lost income - payments for lost wages and/or lost earning potential.
However, every case is different, and even more types of compensation may be available to you depending on the specific details of your accident. The best way to determine what types of compensation you may receive is to speak to an experienced injury attorney.Connect with a Rio Vista Attorney for Your Motorcycle Accident Injury Case
Often, people are unsure whether or not their accident case requires professional help, especially if they only suffered minor injuries. While it’s true that not every accident is suitable for an injury lawyer, it is always a good idea to consult with an attorney to get an idea of your legal options. Contacting a lawyer for advice is also intelligent because most attorneys are happy to give you the information you need to move forward during a free phone consultation.How Do I Choose a Trustworthy Rio Vista Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Recovering after a crash can be stressful; finding a trustworthy Rio Vista motorcycle accident lawyer shouldn’t be. Here are a few key ways to ensure your lawyer has the right skills and experience to handle your case. Watch out for:
- Reputation - Knowing that your lawyer is respected in the community they serve is essential. To understand an attorney’s reputation, you can easily visit their profiles on sites like Yelp or Avvo and read reviews from those they have worked with.
- Experience - One of the most valuable things a lawyer can have is experience. You can ensure your lawyer has handled cases like yours by looking at the settlements and verdicts they have achieved in the past. If you can’t find a list on their website, you should feel free to ask a lawyer how they have successfully dealt with severe motorcycle cases in the past.
- Personal Comfort - Because your attorney will work closely with you on an essential matter, you should ensure you are comfortable with your chosen lawyer. Excellent communication and trust between lawyers and their clients can make a critical difference.
If you were seriously hurt or someone you love was killed during a motorcycle collision in or near the Rio Vista area, call our experienced Rio Vista motorcycle accident attorneys at (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly, and compassionate advice. See our case history of verdicts and settlements.
Editor’s Note: updated [cha 2.7.22] Photo: Pixabay ms cha [cs 906]