Rio Linda Auto Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Rio Linda, California, is a community of approximately 15,000 residents in Sacramento County. The community's history dates to 1844, when it was established as part of the Rancho Del Paso land grant from Mexico. Today, it is a primarily middle-class small town and home to the northern terminus of the Sacramento Northern Bike Trail.
As a personal injury lawyer serving the Sacramento region, I work with Rio Linda residents often. After I finished serving in the United States Air Force, I relocated from Brooklyn, New York to northern California to attend college at UC Davis. I loved the area so much that I decided to stay here permanently after I graduated. Now, I am proud to be a part of this vibrant community and culture.
Accidents happen and sometimes, accidents cause victims to suffer serious injuries. I work with victims of accidents to pursue compensation for their damages through personal injury claims. I handle a variety of serious personal injury cases in Rio Linda, such as the following:
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog or animal bite accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents caused by vehicle malfunction
- Head and brain injuries
- Wrongful death
When you are searching for the right personal injury lawyer to help you pursue your case, you will find a lot of different firms in and around Rio Linda. Not all personal injury law firms can provide the same quality of customer service or dedication to your claim. For example, you should be able to see testimonials from previous clients on a firm's website. Client testimonials are a way to see what actual clients really think about a firm.
Social media has changed how we interact with prospective service providers. Although client testimonials on a firm's website can provide insight to clients' experiences with that firm, they might not tell the whole story. Ratings sites like Yelp, Avvo, and Google Plus can show unbiased reviews of a law firm. See our reviews on Yelp, Google Plus, and Avvo.
You should also find a law office that has experience taking claims to trial. Although many personal injury claims are settled out of court, sometimes this is not possible. In cases like this, going to trial may be necessary and if so, you need to find a lawyer who has experience going to court for his or her clients.How to Select a Personal Injury Lawyer
This video outlines the factors you should look for in a prospective personal injury lawyer.
A few things to keep in mind when interviewing prospective lawyers are:
- You should feel comfortable speaking openly with your lawyer. If a lawyer makes you feel intimidated or like you are wasting his or her time, he or she is not the right lawyer for you;
- The lawyer you choose should have trial experience. Otherwise, what will happen if your case needs to go to trial?
- What is the lawyer's history of case successes? Find out the types of cases he or she has handled and the settlements his or her clients have received; and
- Your lawyer should prioritize personal injury law by focusing solely on it, rather than simply dabbling in it.
Rio Linda is a small community with limited retailers and professional services. As such, you should consider driving the 20 minutes into Sacramento to work with me. Choosing the right lawyer to handle your case can make a significant difference to your eventual settlement.More Information About Me
A few previous verdicts and settlements my firm has reached for its clients include:
- $25,000,000 for the victim of a construction accident who suffers from paraplegia as a result of injuries sustained in the accident;
- $4,100,000 settlement reached in a case where multiple semi trucks and trailers collided after sliding on black ice. This case is believed to be one of the largest personal injury settlements in Montana history; and
- $800,000 settlement for the victim of a collision between a pickup truck and an SUV.
I'm Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer based in Sacramento who serves clients in Rio Linda and the surrounding areas. If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident caused by another party's negligence, contact me at 916.921.6400 for free and friendly advice.
Do you know a good chiropractor in or near Rio Linda?
Yes. This chiropractor has several good reviews on Yelp:
Arena Chiropractic Wellness Center
1960 Del Paso Rd
Sacramento, CA 95834
Phone number (916) 285-9387
Do you know of an auto repair shop in Rio Linda?
Yes. The repair shop below has multiple good reviews on Yelp:
Thrasher Brothers Auto Servicing and Customizing
6820 8th Street
Rio Linda, CA 95673
Phone number (916) 991-3670
Do you know the most dangerous intersections in Rio Linda?
Yes. In Rio Linda, Rio Linda and Elkhorn Boulevards are frequent sites for collisions. In addition to the intersection between these two roadways, other dangerous intersections include where these roads meet smaller roadways, such as the intersection of Rio Linda Blvd and E Street, Rio Linda Blvd and Marysville Blvd, and Dry Creek Road and Elkhorn Blvd.