Rio Dell Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
My law firm handles many personal injury cases each year. While most people think of motor vehicle accidents, there are many areas in which a Rio Dell personal injury attorney can help. Some of those areas include:
- Airplane Crashes
- Bicycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Defective Medical Devices
- Drug Products Liability
- Injuries at public events
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Common carriers and rideshares such as taxis, buses or trains, Uber and Lyft
- Truck Collisions
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Car accidents
An experienced Rio Dell personal injury lawyer has access to sources to prove a case of negligence that isn’t available to the injured person. In addition to checking the police report for errors and talking to witnesses, the lawyer has access to professionals in accident reconstruction and expert witnesses. Depending on the case, the Rio Dell personal injury attorney may view video footage if the injury is due to a motor vehicle accident and interview nearby businesses to see if they have additional information. Between a lawyer’s knowledge of the law and techniques that can be used, a seasoned Rio Dell car accident lawyer builds a strong case for the recovery of personal injury damages.Personal Injury Damages
Personal injury compensation includes both economic and noneconomic damages. The following can be recovered in a claim:
- Medical expenses, current, and future if necessary are recoverable. This includes ambulance service, private nursing, home health care, and medications.
- Out of pocket costs such as trips to and from the doctor are recovered as well as adjustments made to a home to accommodate a disabled person, wheelchairs and other devices.
- Lost wages, including bonuses, tips, etc. are recoverable.
- Lost earning capacity is allowed if the individual cannot go back to their former job or cannot work in the future.
- Occupational therapy or training to reenter the job market in a different capacity is recoverable.
- Property damage that is not recovered through insurance can be paid through a personal injury claim.
- Pain and suffering from the onset of the injury and into the future if it is expected to continue can be recovered.
- Loss of a limb or other body part, scarring and disfigurement are recoverable.
- Reimbursement for activities the individual enjoyed before and can no longer perform such as playing golf, cooking or gardening can be included.
- Emotional and psychological damage such as post-traumatic stress disorder is often part of a lawsuit.
- Harm to a marital relationship is recoverable.
- Wrongful death damages are paid to the members of the family in the household who suffered the loss of a loved one. This includes any member such as a stepchild who received at least half of their support from the decedent.
The following video provides more details on how to really select the right personal injury lawyer for your case.Rio Dell FAQ
My vehicle was damaged in the accident. Are there any good mechanics near Rio Dell?
Some of the highest-rated mechanics in the area include;
124 Main St
Fortuna, CA 95540
Sandera’s Auto Works
610 L St
Fortuna, CA 95540
Are there any car rental agencies that are highly rated near Rio Dell?
Some good places to rent a car in the area include:
110 5th St
Eureka, CA 95501
350 I St
Arcata, CA 95521
I’m Ed Smith, a Rio Dell car accident lawyer. If you were injured or lost a family member in an accident due to negligence, I have free and friendly advice to offer you. Please give me a call at (707) 564-1900 from the Rio Dell area. If you are phoning from outside the area code, I can be reached toll-free at (800) 404-540 or through my online contact form.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 9.8.20]
Photo by: Wikipedia public domain
:cd cha [cs 1248]