Rio Dell Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Located on a prairie at the bend of Eel River, Rio Dell is known as the "Warm-Hearted City." Redwood Highway runs through the middle of the town and connects it with Eureka to the north and Myers Flat and Garberville to the south.
However, even in this idyllic setting, accidents can happen and cause serious injuries or the loss of a loved one, especially on the highways.
If you were injured or a family member was killed in an accident due to negligence, please call our experienced Rio Dell personal injury lawyers at (707) 564-1900 for free, friendly, and compassionate advice.Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our law firm handles many injury cases each year. Aside from motor vehicle accidents, our Rio Dell accident attorneys also take other types of accident cases, including:
- Airplane Crashes
- Bicycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Defective Medical Devices
- Drug Products Liability
- Injuries at public events
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Common carriers and rideshares
- Truck Collisions
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- Car accidents
An experienced Rio Dell personal injury lawyer has access to sources to prove a case of negligence that isn't available to the injured person. In addition to checking the police report for errors and talking to witnesses, the lawyer has access to professionals in accident reconstruction and expert witnesses.
Depending on the case, the injury attorney may view video footage if the injury is due to a motor vehicle accident and interview nearby businesses to see if they have additional information.
Between an attorney's knowledge of the law and techniques that can be used, a skilled Rio Dell car accident lawyer can build a strong case for the recovery of personal injury damages.Recoverable Damages in Your Personal Injury Case
Personal injury compensation includes both economic and non-economic damages. The following can be recovered in a claim:
- Current and future medical expenses are recoverable. This includes ambulance service, private nursing, home health care, and medications.
- Out of pocket costs like doctor visits, adjustments made to a home to accommodate a disabled person, wheelchairs, and other devices are recoverable.
- Lost wages, including bonuses, and tips, are recoverable.
- Lost earning capacity is allowed if the individual cannot return to their former job or work.
- Occupational therapy or training to reenter the job market in a different capacity is recoverable.
- Property damage that is not recovered through insurance can be paid through a personal injury claim.
- Pain and suffering from the injury can be recovered if expected to continue.
- Loss of a limb or other body part, scarring, and disfigurement are recoverable.
- Reimbursement can be included for activities the individual enjoyed before and can no longer perform, such as playing golf, cooking, or gardening.
- Emotional and psychological damage such as post-traumatic stress disorder is often part of a lawsuit.
- Harm to a marital relationship is recoverable.
- Wrongful death damages are paid to the members of the family in the household who suffered the loss of a loved one. This includes any member such as a stepchild who received at least half of their support from the decedent.
The following video provides more details on selecting the best Rio Dell personal injury lawyer for your case.Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Rio Dell, CA Today
If you were injured or lost a family member in an accident due to negligence, please call our experienced Rio Dell personal injury lawyers at (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-540 for free, friendly, and compassionate advice. You can also reach out to us through our online contact form.
Our law office has helped residents of Rio Dell and surrounding areas with personal injury and wrongful death cases since 1982.
See our previous cases on our verdicts and settlements page.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 4.5.22]
Photo by: Wikipedia public domain
:cd cha [cs 676]