Redding Truck Accident Lawyer
Redding is a gorgeous California city, located along the Sacramento River and close enough to view Mount Lassen and Mount Shasta. Touted the Unofficial Capital of Kayaking by TIME magazine, anyone who loves the outdoors is sure to fall in love with Redding. In fact, even if you do not love the outdoors, it is difficult not to find something you will enjoy doing in Redding.
With a population of just under 90,000, Redding is the fourth largest city in the Sacramento Valley and the largest city in the Shasta Cascade Region. With major thoroughfares State Route 299 and Interstate 5 crossing through the city, Redding is no stranger to truck accidents.Most Common Types of Injuries in Truck Accidents
If you were injured in a big rig crash, you are probably wondering where to start. You are probably overwhelmed with your day-to-day life – dealing with the pain you are suffering with, worried about how you are going to pay your household bills, and wondering how long your recovery will take.
This is all normal for truck accident victims. Most of my clients who were injured in truck accidents suffer serious injuries. Some of those injuries included:
- Brain and head injuries (traumatic brain injury) – One of the most debilitating and common injuries.
- Neck injuries – From neck strain to disc injury and cervical dislocation.
- Spinal cord injuries – Damage to the spinal cord often leads to loss of feeling or function of one or more parts of the body.
- Back injuries - This includes severe strains and sprains, herniated discs and fractured vertebrae.
- Facial injuries – Injuries range from fractures and lacerations to serious disorders of the jaw and/or dental injuries
- Internal injuries – Life-threatening injury to internal organs such as the lungs, liver, spleen, kidneys, bowels, heart, etc. can be caused by fractured ribs.
- Broken bones – broken bones or fractures can take weeks and even months to heal.
- Amputation – Limb loss injuries.
Many of my clients have also suffered traumatic injuries that are not as physically apparent. Being in a truck accident is traumatic. Psychological injuries, such as emotional distress, persistent anxiety disorder, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder, can be short-term or they can last for a lifetime.
Those who have not been through a truck accident may not be able to comprehend these disorders or how someone who has been injured in a truck accident can suffer from them, but they are real and they can be very limiting. Psychological injuries can have long-lasting effects and affect every aspect of a person’s life.Serious Injury Cases
I exclusively handle serious personal injury cases. If you have suffered only minor injuries and you are interested in pursuing a personal injury lawsuit against the person who is liable for your injuries, I may be able to refer you to a lawyer who will take your case. You can still sue for time lost at work and anything else you may be entitled to, but I would most likely have to pass your case to another attorney.How to Choose the Best Attorney for a Truck Accident Case
There are literally thousands of personal injury attorneys in California. Their commercials are on the television, radio, and the internet. Their advertisements are on billboards on the side of some highways. Many attorneys make big promises, yet are not willing to go above and beyond to win for their clients.
Many of the personal injury attorneys that you hear big promises from believing that negotiating and settling with an insurance company is winning a case. But, if the client is not happy with the amount of their settlement, did the attorney truly win.
In selecting a truck accident lawyer, ask yourself:
- Does the lawyer have extensive experience pursuing personal injury cases? Do they specifically handle trucking accidents or do they dabble with several types of law cases?
- Does the lawyer have top-notch reviews on Avvo, Google, Yelp? What about other social media forums and review sites? If you read reviews on products before you buy them, why wouldn’t you read reviews about lawyers before hiring one?)
- Does the attorney have personal injury trial experience? Do they seem comfortable with taking cases to trial? Does it look like they have the resources to financially undertake a case, should it go to trial?
- Does the attorney have a solid history of high past settlements and verdicts? (Check out my Past Verdicts and Settlements page to find out what you should be looking for.)
You can also watch this video that I made for injured truck accident victims like you who are seeking legal representation. Take a look:About Our Law Firm
I have been referred to as the “personal” personal injury attorney. To get to know me on a more personal level, take a trip to my biography page. Also, feel free to read about my talented staff here. We welcome our clients into our “family” and treat them just like they are one of us.
I am also a member of several groups and associations that I am proud of:
- Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association
- Brain Injury Association of California
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
I take pride in educating the general public, and, more importantly, the injured victims of California, with my writing. I am the founder of www.AutoAccident.com, which contains thousands of educational articles for injured victims; I am also the author of a couple of published books:
You can find my both on Amazon.Redding Truck Accident FAQDo you know which intersections are the most dangerous in Redding?
- Market St. & Lake Blvd.
- Market St. & Shasta St.
- Cypress Ave. & Bechelli Lane
- Cypress Ave. & Hilltop Dr.
- Pine St. & Tehama St.
Our Redding truck accident lawyers have decades of experience holding truckers and trucking companies accountable so that our clients receive the compensation they deserve. To learn more and receive free, friendly advice on your case, call our law firm today at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 2.18.21]
Photo by Pixabay
:sb EAS bw [cs 1268]