Redding Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Redding is a small city located in the northern part of California's Sacramento Valley. Its population is approximately 92,000 people, and it is known for its natural beauty, outdoor recreational opportunities, and friendly community. The city is surrounded by mountains, forests, and lakes, making it an ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts. Many residents appreciate the strong sense of community and the opportunities for outdoor adventure that Redding offers.
If you have been hurt in a traffic accident in Shasta County, hiring an experienced Redding personal injury attorney from AutoAccident.com is the best way to getting the full compensation you need and deserve. Call our law firm at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for a free consultation to learn about your potential options for financial recovery.Our Law Firm Represents Residents in Redding and Shasta County
While law firms in Redding can handle more minor personal injury cases, many do not have the resources or the right experience to tackle a severe personal injury case. Unlike many personal injury lawyers, we don't just take any case, as we primarily handle only those that involve severe and devastating personal injuries.Is it Expensive to Hire a Lawyer for an Injury Case?
We take injury cases on a contingency fee basis, and our office doesn't get paid unless and until we win your case. While this is the situation for most personal injury lawyers in Redding, many do not have the financial resources to pay for all involved in bringing a case to trial.
Our office has the financial resources to prepare and bring a personal injury case to the courtroom. Once at trial, our experience and dedication to our clients combine to create successful outcomes in our cases.Choosing the Best Personal Injury Attorney for Your Case
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, you are probably overwhelmed with the pain or anxiety you feel, navigating the recovery process, and maybe even figuring out your day-to-day finances if you are out of work due to your injury. Selecting a Redding personal injury attorney might not be at the forefront of your thoughts during this challenging time.
The task seems daunting but having the right Redding car accident lawyer to help you deal with some of these issues is an important decision. Having the best accident attorney can help increase your chances of a successful outcome in your case. Some things you should consider when choosing a personal injury lawyer are:
- Whether the attorney is dedicated and truly cares about you and your family
- Whether the lawyer practices California personal injury law exclusively
- Whether the personal injury attorney has significant trial experience
- Whether the lawyer has a history of successfully settling or winning personal injury cases in Shasta County and throughout California
Watch the video below for tips on selecting the best personal injury lawyer for your car accident case.Most Dangerous Intersections in Redding, CA
With major thoroughfares of Interstate 5 and State Route 299 running through Redding, it's not surprising that the city sees many motor vehicle accidents, including motorcycles, large trucks, and other commercial vehicles. Accidents occur on major highways, and catastrophic collisions happen in some of the busier intersections in town.
The most dangerous intersections include but are not limited to:
- Cypress Avenue at Bechelli Lane
- Cypress Avenue at Hilltop Drive
- Market Street at Lake Boulevard
- Market Street at Shasta Street
- Pine Street at Tehama Street
Whether a motor vehicle accident happens on a major highway or local street, it is usually due to the following:
- Ignoring the road and their surroundings.
- Driving after drinking alcohol or doing drugs.
- Driving when tired.
- Speeding during inclement weather.
- Failing to obey traffic laws.
- A mechanical issue or failure in the vehicle.
Regardless of what causes the accident, some traffic collisions result in severe and devastating injuries that can have lasting adverse effects on the injured victim's life. These injuries can include traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, lacerations, burns, and death.Types of Serious Personal Injury Cases Our Law Office Handles
As personal injury attorneys serving Shasta County, we value our attorney-client relationships. Our Redding law office is dedicated to providing comprehensive legal representation for various types of serious personal injury cases, including:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Injuries resulting from significant trauma to the head, leading to potential cognitive, physical, and emotional impairments.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Injuries to the spinal cord can lead to partial or total paralysis, persistent pain, and other significant changes that can profoundly impact an individual's life.
- Severe Burn Injuries: Severe burns stemming from incidents involving fires, chemicals, or other causes may necessitate ongoing medical attention and could lead to lasting scars or disfigurement.
- Amputations: Loss of limbs due to traumatic accidents or medical necessity can significantly impact an individual's quality of life and ability to work.
- Multiple Fractures: Serious injuries involving multiple broken bones that may require surgery, extended recovery time, and ongoing rehabilitation.
- Wrongful Death: Cases involving the untimely loss of a loved one due to the negligence or misconduct of another party.
- Birth Injuries: Harm sustained by a newborn or the mother during pregnancy, labor, or delivery, which may result from medical negligence or other causes.
- Catastrophic Injuries: Injuries that have long-term or permanent consequences, such as disfigurement, loss of mobility, or a significant impact on a person's ability to work or live independently.
Our experienced and compassionate legal team is committed to guiding clients through the legal process, advocating for their rights, and seeking compensation to address their physical, emotional, and financial losses.Redding, CA Personal Injury FAQ
What should I do if I have been involved in an auto accident in Redding?
If you have been involved in a severe auto accident in Redding, you must call 911. However, if no one is injured, it may still be good to report the accident by calling the Redding Police Department at (530) 225-4200. You will be directed to press zero, and your call will be routed to dispatch at the Shasta Area Safety Communications Agency (SHASCOM).
Next, seeking medical attention from a doctor or other health care provider is essential. If you have sustained severe injuries, going to the hospital immediately and seeing a health care provider is imperative for your personal well-being. First, take care of yourself and worry about hiring a Redding personal injury attorney to handle your lawsuit later.
When should I file a personal injury lawsuit in California?
Before you file a lawsuit, it is important to contact any insurance companies that might be involved to let them know that you have been injured in an accident. You will have an open claim file, and the negotiation process can begin. However, if you have to file a lawsuit, you usually have only two years from the injury date to file the suit.
If the suit is against the government, that time is decreased to six months by the California Government Code Section 911.2. Thus, to preserve your injury claim, you must speak with an experienced personal injury attorney immediately after your accident.
I was injured in a car accident and have no health insurance. How do I pay for my hospital and medical expenses?
One thing to check right away is to see if you have "Medpay" insurance on your car insurance. If you do, you can submit the bills to your own auto insurance, and they will pay the bills up to the limits you have on the policy. Most people seem to have around $5000 med pay coverage, but we encourage clients to up that to at least $10,000.
Another possibility is to check to see if you qualify for the Medi-Cal program. This is an income-based program, but if you are not earning much money, you can be eligible for it, and they will even enroll you retroactively, so your bills from the accident are covered.
An excellent Redding auto accident attorney can often work with the hospital or medical provider to take a "lien" on the case, so you won't get billed.Contact a Redding Personal Injury Attorney
If you've suffered injuries in a motor vehicle collision due to the actions of a negligent driver, our compassionate Redding personal injury lawyers are here to provide the support and expertise you need when facing difficult insurance companies. To learn how to initiate a claim, please contact our law firm today at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for a free, friendly, and no-pressure consultation.
Our law office has practiced personal injury law exclusively in Northern California since 1982. See our successful cases of verdicts and settlements.
Editor's Note: Updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 5.1.23]
Photo by Karsten Würth on Unsplash [cs 1474]