Rancho Murieta Brain Injury Lawyer
The risk of serious complications is high for patients who suffer a traumatic brain injury. Depending on the location and severity of the injury, patients could face the potential of permanent comorbidities or death. One of the most severe complications a neurological trauma can cause is bleeding in the brain.
Call our experienced injury attorneys at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for a free consultation if you have suffered a traumatic brain injury in a preventable accident.Brain Bleeds Are Grave Injuries
Someone can suffer a traumatic brain injury in any number of ways. A physical assault, car accident, or even a simple fall can lead to significant trauma to the skull cavity and the brain inside. Examples of serious brain bleeds include:
- Epidural Hematoma: This brain bleed develops from damage to the middle meningeal artery. Trauma to the temple can cause bleeding to develop in the epidural space. When a brain injury is diagnosed, this bleed shows up as a lens-shaped bleed on a CT scan.
- Subdural Hematoma: This bleeding requires significant trauma, such as being thrown from a car in an auto accident, to develop. An acute bleed in the subdural space can lead to increased pressure in the skull cavity, leading to deadly consequences.
While the major bleeds mentioned above receive significant attention, small bleeds also matter. Although they may cause fewer symptoms of a traumatic brain injury, they still have long-term consequences. An extensive research grant was recently awarded to study these more minor bleeds. Specifically, researchers will analyze how the size and location of these bleeds impact the symptoms and complications that patients develop later in life. The idea is that, hopefully, the size and location of smaller bleeds will be able to provide physicians with more precise information regarding a patient’s prognosis.
The video below discusses how new technology and treatments treat traumatic brain injuries.How a Brain Injury Lawyer Can Help
A brain injury can be overwhelming for patients and their families. There are doctors’ visits, insurance claims, and the emotional stress of such a serious injury. A legal professional can help ease the burden by:
- Insurance Claims: Health insurance companies may refuse to pay for some treatments. Disability companies may be reluctant to honor their contract. A lawyer can help with the negotiation process.
- Medical Records: Medical records can be challenging to understand; however, the information is essential. An attorney can help cut through this thick language and find what matters.
- Legal Compensation: Someone who suffered a brain injury due to someone’s negligence has the legal right to pursue damages. An attorney can file the required paperwork and, if necessary, take the case to trial.
There are deadlines for patients looking to file a claim concerning a traumatic brain injury, and it is prudent to start the process as soon as possible.Call Our Brain Injury Lawyers in Rancho Murieta, CA
Despite the new research changing the face of traumatic brain injuries, these remain devastating circumstances for the patient and their loved ones. Anyone facing the prospect of a traumatic brain injury should call our experienced Rancho Murieta brain injury attorneys at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for friendly, free advice.
We are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
See our client reviews on Avvo, Google, and Yelp and our past cases on our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 12.9.22]
Photo by Natasha Connell on Unsplash
:dr bw [cs 584]