Rancho Murieta Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Rancho Murieta is a beautiful community with many outdoor opportunities, so it isn't surprising that bicycle riding is popular. Bicycle riding is an excellent alternative to walking or driving a car, and many people use their bicycles to get to work, school, shopping, or just for fun. No one heads out on their bike expecting to become involved in a severe collision, but it happens.
If you or a loved one has suffered severe injuries in a bicycle accident in Rancho Murieta, call our legal team at (916) 921-6400 for a free, no-obligation consultation.Placing a Claim for Compensation
You can claim compensation when you or your loved one is injured in a bicycle accident caused by another's negligence. This can pay for your medical expenses, time off work, and pain and suffering. Our experienced legal team at Autoaccident.com has helped many Rancho Murieta residents in obtaining the compensation they deserve and can help you too.How a Lawyer Can Help Following a Rancho Murieta Bicycle Accident
A bicycle accident lawyer with experience can negotiate the injury claim on your behalf with the negligent party's insurance company. If the insurance company balks at paying what you deserve, the lawyer can take the case to civil court to defend your right to compensation. It's been shown that using a personal injury lawyer to handle your claim results in compensation two to three times higher than if you try to handle it yourself.Negligence That Can Cause a Bicycle Accident Injury
Motorists and others often cause severe injuries to a bicycle rider in an accident. Almost all of these accidents are caused by negligence, which can include:
- A driver turns right at an intersection without looking for a bicyclist in the bike lane.
- The driver passes through an intersection without noticing a bicycle rider crossing in front of them.
- The motorist ignores the California three-foot law and drives too close to the bicycle lane.
- The driver fails to yield to a bicyclist.
- The motorist is driving drunk, which affects their judgment and concentration.
- The driver is distracted by texting, talking on their cell phone, or other activity and fails to see a bicycle rider in their path.
- The motorist made an unsafe lane change, so they cut into the bike lane without looking for a bicyclist.
- Government negligence can lead to a severe bicycle injury accident if maintenance or design is problematic. From debris on the road to poor lighting, potholes, and mistimed traffic signals, lack of maintenance can lead to a bicycle collision. In addition, poor design of the roadway or intersection can cause a collision. When a government entity is the cause of your injury accident, a claim can be filed for compensation.
- Defective bicycle parts are another problem that can lead to a severe bicycle accidents. A crack during manufacturing, an improper weld, or defects in the brakes, wheels, or tires can result in a collision. A product liability claim may be placed to obtain compensation from the manufacturer and others. Preserving the bicycle following an injury accident allows our engineers to look it over for signs of defects.
Watch the YouTube video below to learn about the rules of road cycling.Investigating a Bicycle Collision
Any potential compensation claim begins with an investigation to prove that negligence by another party was the cause. Areas of investigation include:
- The investigators visit the accident scene to gather evidence of the collision.
- Accident reconstruction is performed to map out the positioning of the vehicle and bicycle before, during, and after the crash. Photos are taken of the scene, along with damage to the vehicle and bicycle, and taken of any debris or road damage. This type of evidence is used in court cases and negotiating with the client clients with the insurance company.
- Witnesses to the accident are interviewed, and the police report is examined for mistakes. Errors in the police report must be corrected because they could affect our client's ability to file a claim.
- Area traffic, road, and business surveillance cameras are examined to see if they captured the accident as it occurred.
When the evidence is compiled, our injury lawyers construct a strong claim for our client.Rancho Murieta Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If a negligent driver or other entity caused your accident injuries, We're We'reto offer you free, friendly advice if you call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. See our past cases of Settlements and Verdicts.