Rancho Murieta Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Rancho Murieta is a beautiful community with many outdoor opportunities, so it isn’t surprising that bicycle riding is popular. Bicycle riding is a good alternative to walking or driving a car, and many people use their bicycles as transportation to get to work, school, shopping, or just for fun. No one heads out on their bike expecting to become involved in a serious collision, but it happens.Placing a Claim for Compensation
When you or your loved one is injured in a bicycle accident caused by another’s negligence, you may be able to claim compensation. This can pay for your medical expenses and time off work, as well as your pain and suffering. Our experienced legal team at Autoaccident.com has helped many Rancho Murieta residents over the years in obtaining the compensation that they deserve and can help you too.How a Lawyer Can Help Following a Rancho Murieta Bicycle Accident
A bicycle accident lawyer with experience can negotiate the injury claim on your behalf with the negligent party’s insurance company. If the insurance company balks at paying what you deserve, the lawyer can take the case to civil court to defend your right to compensation. It’s been shown that using a personal injury lawyer to handle your claim results in compensation two to three times higher than if you try to handle it yourself.Negligence That Can Cause a Bicycle Accident Injury
Motorists and others often cause serious injuries to a bicycle rider in an accident. Almost all of these accidents are caused by negligence, which can include:
- A driver makes a right turn at an intersection without looking for a bicyclist in the bike lane.
- The driver passes straight through an intersection without noticing a bicycle rider crossing in front of them.
- The motorist ignores the California three-foot law and drives too close to the bicycle lane.
- The driver fails to yield to a bicyclist.
- The motorist is driving drunk, which affects their judgment and concentration.
- The driver is distracted by texting, talking on their cell phone, or other activity and fails to see a bicycle rider in their path.
- The motorist made an unsafe lane change, so they cut into the bike lane without looking for a bicyclist.
- Government negligence can lead to a serious bicycle injury accident if maintenance or design is a problem. From debris in the road to poor lighting, potholes, and mistimed traffic signals, lack of maintenance can lead to a bicycle collision. In addition, poor design of the roadway or intersection can cause a collision. When a government entity is the cause of your injury accident, a claim can be filed for compensation.
- Defective bicycle parts are another problem that can lead to a serious bicycle accident. A crack during manufacturing, an improper weld, or defects in the brakes, wheels, or tires can result in a collision. A product liability claim may be placed to obtain compensation from the manufacturer and others. Preserving the bicycle following an injury accident allows our engineers to look it over for signs of defects.
Watch the YouTube video below to learn about the rules of road cycling.Investigating a Bicycle Collision
Any potential claim for compensation begins with an investigation to prove that negligence by another party was the cause. Areas of investigation include:
- The accident scene is visited by the investigators to gather evidence of the collision.
- Accident reconstruction is performed to map out the positioning of the vehicle and bicycle before, during, and after the crash happened. Photos are taken of the scene, along with damage to the vehicle and bicycle, and taken of any debris or road damage. This type of evidence is used both in court cases and negotiating on the client’s behalf with the insurance company.
- Witnesses to the accident are interviewed, and the police report is examined for mistakes. Errors in the police report must be corrected because they could affect our client’s ability to file a claim.
- Area traffic, road, and business surveillance cameras are examined to see if any of them captured the accident as it occurred.
When the evidence is compiled, our injury lawyers use it to construct a strong claim for our client.Rancho Murieta Bicycle Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I’m a Rancho Murieta bicycle accident lawyer. If a negligent driver or other entity caused your accident injuries, We're here to offer you free, friendly advice if you call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. You can also reach us online.
We are proud to be a member of the following associations:
Helpful information about our law firm can be found at the following links:
:cd cha [cs 801]