Do You Need an Experienced Premises Liability Attorney in Sacramento?
When an accident or injury occurs to a visitor or tenant living on another person's property, the owner of the property may be liable (legally responsible) if it can be proved that their negligence led to the injury. This is what is typically referred to as premises liability.
If you've suffered an injury of this type and you believe it's the result of negligence by another person or business, you may be able to file a lawsuit to recover the costs involved to pay for your medical bills, any lost earnings or other pain, disfigurement, emotional distress or permanent physical disability you have suffered.
My name is Ed Smith, and I've been assisting Sacramento area residents with injury and accident claims since 1982 - with a focus on slip and fall accidents and injuries that occur on a dangerous property.
The video above is an excellent summary of the types of slip and fall accidents our office has handled over the years and the manner in which such accidents frequently occur.
Here are just a few of the common situations involved in slip and fall accidents:
- Slips on wet surfaces
- Dry spills on powder, dust, plastic wrappings etc.
- Highly polished Surface falls such on waxed marble or ceramic floors
- Falls that happen when moving from one type of surface to another such as tile to carpet
- Unstable Floor Boards or Mats
- Gravel, sand or other debris on walkways
- Sudden Slopes or Unmarked or Poorly Marked Tamps
- Gangplanks or Loading Docks without skid-resistant surfaces
- Metal floor surfaces when wet
- Falls on Rain, ice, snow or sleet
- Climbing up and down on trucks, forklifts or other work equipment
- Trailing cables, pallets or steel girders at work
- Loose wires or cords
- Industrial Equipment or supplies left on walkways
- Uneven flooring or deep cracks between surfaces
- Curb Drops and changes in floor elevation without sufficient warnings
- Stairway falls because of collapsing or unevenly constructed stairways
- Slips and Falls over clutter or boxes or other waste materials
- Scaffolding packed with building materials
- Pathways cluttered with debris
- Injuries from Slip & fall accidents
- Dog bites or maulings
- Swimming pool accidents
- Exposure to toxic or hazardous substances such as lead or mold
- Stairway collapses
- And being the victim of a felony criminal act when the owner of the property had notice of criminal activity and did nothing to alleviate it.
In cases involving premises liability, plaintiffs must prove that the property owners either failed to maintain the property or created unsafe conditions which caused the injury, knew about the unsafe hazard but didn't alert visitors or tenants to this fact, was not careful concerning unsafe conditions which might attract children, or took actions or neglected conditions that caused damage to a neighboring property.
If you believe you've suffered an injury due to a property owner's negligence, I'd like to hear from you. Call me at 916.921.6400, or contact me online for a FREE consultation.
- Balcony Collapse Lawyer
- Dangerous Staircase Fall Lawyer
- Falling Merchandise Injuries
- Helping Your Kids Avoid Catching Serious Animal Diseases From Petting Zoos
- Insurance Issues With Airbnb
- Sacramento Tree Injury Lawyer
- Slip & Fall Accidents
- Stairway Collapse Accidents
- Swimming Pool Negligence
- Trampoline Injuries