Plumas Lake Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
We represent residents of Plumas Lake who have been seriously injured in accidents. Our firm handles a wide variety of cases, including:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Wrongful Death
Many people call me a “personal” personal injury lawyer. This is because I always make sure to put my clients first. It is important to me to show empathy to the people I work with who have suffered both physical pain and emotional trauma because of an accident. I know that the anxiety, emotions, and sadness that can be caused by major accidents are tough to deal with because I have lived through multiple serious injuries myself.Wrongful Death Cases
I’m also well aware that losing somebody you love can mean overwhelming grief and that these feelings can practically paralyze you after such a tragic loss. It’s not a mistake that these tragedies are called “wrongful death” cases. I am here to help you recover both financially and personally.Serving Seriously Injured Individuals in Plumas Lake
The residents of Plumas Lake are fortunate to live where they do. Living right at the base of the Sierra Nevadas with easy access to some of the most beautiful natural scenery in all of California means that residents can easily find a peaceful hiking trail in the neighboring mountains or fishing spot along the Feather River. On top of proximity to nature and agriculture, Plumas Lake is also only a short drive away from the Sacramento metropolitan area, meaning that residents can head out to the city to see world-class museums, concerts, historical buildings, and more.
Every time I’ve visited the Plumas Lake area from my home in Sacramento, I am amazed by both the natural beauty of the landscape and the friendliness of the community.Why Would I Drive from Plumas Lake to Sacramento for a Lawyer?
At this point, this question is most likely at the front of your thoughts. Why would it make sense to drive half an hour to the city when you could find an attorney who lives close to you? There are a few reasons. One reason is that recent economic troubles have caused many good, small-town firms to relocate to areas with a larger client base, leaving a void of quality legal representation in many places with a low population. Another reason is that my firm focuses on serious injuries and we are selective about the cases we take. If your injury was a major one, it is best to have a lawyer who has extensive experience with serious personal injury cases. If your injury has made it difficult for you to travel, please get in touch with me anyway. We can go over the specifics of your case and talk about options for us to meet in a location that works for you.I Take All Cases On a Contingency Fee Basis
I take serious injury cases on the basis of contingency. This means that you are not responsible for paying me any lawyers’ fees unless I am able to successfully resolve your matter. Taking my cases on contingency means that I can help people who have been seriously injured but don’t have the money to afford a lawyer.Finding the Right Plumas Lake Personal Injury Lawyer For You
You have seen all the television commercials, internet ads, and billboards; personal injury lawyers are everywhere. Many of the advertisements that you see will make huge promises, but, in reality, very few of these lawyers are properly prepared to do everything possible to help you get the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Many personal injury lawyers who advertise high success rates will negotiate settlements with insurance companies for less money than their clients should actually be paid. While others may consider this a victory, I make sure that my clients are compensated for the full amount of money that they are owed.
You might be thinking that I’m not the best attorney for your needs, and that is fine. Regardless, below are some of the essential things that you should consider before choosing a lawyer to represent you in your case:
- Experience - Does your lawyer have a history of experience with personal injury law? Do they focus exclusively on personal injury cases? Beyond this, does the attorney have a lot of courtroom experience and are they comfortable with bringing a case to trial? Often, all you need to do is ask a lawyer whether or not they are comfortable taking a case to court if an insurance company is giving low-ball offers. Their response can give you a good sense of whether or not they are ready to argue your case in court. They should be able to answer 'yes' to all the questions above.
- Reputation - Is the lawyer well-respected in their community and by their clients? You can easily see what people think of a lawyer by checking out their review pages on websites like Yelp, Facebook, Avvo, LinkedIn, and Google. On these pages, people who’ve hired the attorney speak about their experiences. These reviews will give you an honest picture of the personal and professional merits of an attorney.
- Settlements and Verdicts - One of the best ways to see if a lawyer is good at what they do is to take a look at their work history. Feel free to question potential lawyers about how they’ve been able to settle cases in the past and how much money they have won their clients. Your lawyer should be proud of their successes and pleased to be able to share them with you. You can see my verdict and settlement history here.
- Financial - Does your lawyer have the financial ability to take your case to trial if it becomes necessary? Some law firms are simply too small to afford a full trial. You should be sure that when it comes to fairly resolving your case, money won’t be an issue that stands between you and the compensation you need.
I have also produced the below video in order to help people understand what they should be looking for in a personal injury attorney:Plumas Lake FAQs:Q: What Are the Most Dangerous Yuba County Intersections?
A: The intersections in unincorporated Yuba County with the highest rate of traumatic accidents over the past decade are:
- Beale road and Feather River Boulevard
- Beale Road and Lindhurst Avenue
- Beale Road and Hammonton Smartville Road
- Beale Road and Park Avenue
- Beale Road and Woodland Drive
- Chestnut road at Olivehurst Avenue and Powerline Road
- Erle Road and Lindhurst Avenue
- Exit 20A and Feather River Boulevard
- Feather River Boulevard and State Route 70
- Grove Avenue and Hammonton Smartville Road
A: Yes. These shops are highly rated on Google:
3906 Shimer Road
Garden Highway Auto Clinic
Yuba City, CA
609 Garden Highway
A: Of course. The below chiropractor is highly rated on Google:
Yuba City, CA
1215 Plumas Street
I’m Ed Smith, a Plumas Lake personal injury lawyer. Accidents are often very serious. If you or someone you care about was severely injured in an accident, please get in touch with me by calling my local number, (530) 392-9400. You are also able to contact me at (800) 404-5400.
I founded AutoAccident.com, the top website in the Northern CA region for news, statistics, and information about local accidents and topics related to personal injury.
Photo by StockSnap
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 12.26.19]