Pleasanton Truck Accident Lawyer
When driving in Pleasanton or elsewhere in Alameda County, California, you pass by big rigs on a regular basis. Whether on the city roads or on freeways such as Interstate 580 and Interstate 680, large commercial trucks play an integral role in the economy. Because of their size and weight, 18-wheelers may be challenging to steer, stop, and maneuver correctly. When truck driver negligence or another reason causes a big rig crash, innocent people may be injured or killed. It is essential to hold negligent parties financially accountable for their actions through civil cases, so similar situations do not occur to other families in the community.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a big rig crash, it is time to discuss your case in detail with an experienced truck accident lawyer from Pleasanton, California. At AutoAccident.com, our attorneys offer free, friendly case advice. Get started by dialing (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400.
A crash with a big rig may leave an individual with extensive damage to their vehicle. An involved party may also be dealing with mounting medical bills from accident-related injuries and time missed at work for recovery. An 18-wheeler collision has the potential to change a person’s life and affect the things they were able to do before the incident. If a semi-truck wreck has impacted your life, you may be able to seek financial recovery for your injuries and losses incurred through a bodily injury claim. Contact one of our skilled Pleasanton truck accident lawyers for a free case evaluation today to learn how we can help you through this difficult time.What Types of Losses are Recoverable in a Big Rig Crash Case?
A top-rated Pleasanton truck accident lawyer can help you seek reimbursement for economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Past and future medical expenses for accident-related injuries
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity from permanent injury or disability
- Pain and suffering from the emotional distress and physical pain brought on by truck accident injuries
If the 18-wheeler wreck resulted from egregious actions, like drunk driving or excessive speeding, punitive damages may be recovered from the at-fault party. Contact an experienced truck accident lawyer in your area for more information.How an Attorney Can Help with a Commercial Truck Accident Case
You should not face the challenges of a civil case for a big rig crash on your own. Such cases require substantial effort, time, and resources that you may be unable to provide during this time. This is where an experienced Pleasanton truck accident attorney can help. An injury lawyer is there to provide assistance in the aftermath of a semi-truck collision by:
- Providing Guidance and Support: An attorney can provide you with support and guidance every step of the way in your semi-truck collision case. What is particularly useful about having legal representation is that much of the frustration and stress will be removed from the personal injury claims process. That is because your lawyer will work to protect your rights and best interests, all while seeking the financial recovery you deserve.
- Ensuring You Receive Regular Updates: The personal injury law firm you select to handle your commercial truck accident case matters. That is why you want to work with a legal team known for providing their clients regular updates regarding their cases. At AutoAccident.com, our family works hard to help families like yours obtain maximum compensation, and we believe in keeping you in the loop every step of the way.
- Handling Communication with the Insurer: Anything you say during a phone call with a claims adjuster will be recorded. Unfortunately, your statements may be used against you in your claim. By having an accident lawyer handle verbal and written communication with the insurance carrier on your behalf, these risks will be reduced.
- Gathering and Preserving Evidence: The trucking company that employed the trucker may have evidence in their possession that may support your claim. An experienced attorney will send a letter of preservation of evidence to the trucking company to ensure that evidence is not lost or destroyed. This may include data from the black box in the big rig, alcohol and drug testing results for the truck driver, maintenance records for the 18-wheeler, and more.
- Working with Expert Witnesses: Expert witness testimony may play a valuable role in a commercial truck accident case. A skilled Pleasanton truck accident attorney may call an expert witness to provide insight on various matters associated with the incident. This will help present a strong and compelling case to the judge and jury in civil court. Common expert witnesses in 18-wheeler accident cases include vocational experts, economists, accident reconstruction experts, and physicians.
- Writing a Demand Letter: Your truck accident lawyer from Pleasanton will write a demand letter and send it to the insurance company representing the at-fault party. This document will state why the insured policyholder is liable for the incident and resulting losses. The demand letter will include the approximate value of economic and non-economic damages. It will also state the amount the insurance carrier should pay to settle the bodily injury claim against its insured.
- Filing a Lawsuit in Civil Court: If the insurance company refuses to settle the personal injury or wrongful death claim for a reasonable amount or continues to deny liability for the incident, your attorney can file a lawsuit in civil court in Alameda County against the at-fault party. This protects the two-year statute of limitations applicable to most cases per California Code of Civil Procedure Section 335.1.
As you can see, the legal process can be challenging to navigate, particularly when difficult defense counsel and insurance carriers are involved. Fortunately, our legal team is here to take the burden off your shoulder. Learn more about how we can help by watching this video.How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Lawyer for a Semi-Truck Crash Case?
After getting into a commercial truck accident in Pleasanton, you may wonder how much it will cost to hire an attorney to represent you. Most personal injury law firms handle cases on contingent fee agreements meaning that they only get paid if they obtain a successful outcome on behalf of the client.
Attorney’s fees will not be due upfront. Instead, costs of legal representation will be due at the successful resolution of a case through an insurance settlement or jury award. It is essential to note that attorney’s fees will generally increase if the case enters litigation.Contact a Pleasanton Truck Accident Attorney Today
At AutoAccident.com, our truck accident lawyers serving Pleasanton, CA, can help you seek maximum compensation for your losses through a settlement or verdict. Contact our legal team for free, friendly advice on your case and guidance on the steps you should take next in your potential case. Dial (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400 to get started today.
Photo Source: Quintin Gellar | Pexels
:ds [cs 1179]