Pleasanton Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Life is unpredictable when you are riding a motorcycle out on the open road in California. No matter how safe you are as a motorcyclist or how much you prepare and plan, motorcycle accidents in Pleasanton can happen. When such an incident occurs, it may result in life-altering consequences. When someone else is to blame for the crash, an experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you seek maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
If you were injured in a crash as a motorcyclist, allow our skilled Pleasanton motorcycle accident lawyers of AutoAccident.com to help you. Since 1982, we have helped bikers just like you seek justice and maximum compensation. Call now for free, friendly advice at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400.
At our personal injury law firm, we are dedicated to recovering maximum compensation on behalf of our clients in accident cases. When you turn to our skilled and compassionate motorcycle injury attorneys from Pleasanton for assistance, we will be there for you every step of the way during the legal process. We are available anytime to discuss your crash and answer your questions in a free consultation. The sooner you reach out to our legal team, the sooner our experienced attorneys can start working on your motorcycle accident case and working toward a favorable resolution.What Steps You Should Take as a Motorcyclist Injured in an Accident
If you were injured in a recent motorcycle accident in Pleasanton or a nearby area, taking specific steps to protect yourself is essential. These include:
- Seek Medical Treatment: If you were not transported from the scene via ground ambulance or medical helicopter to the hospital, visit your primary care provider or urgent care immediately. Optimal patient outcomes are dependent on immediate medical diagnosis and treatment. Failure to seek immediate medical care after a motorcycle crash may result in the insurance company disputing reported injuries by claiming that they are unrelated to the incident or are exaggerated.
- Collect Evidence: Take pictures or videos at the scene of the crash and hold onto the motorcycle gear you wore for an accident attorney and their experts to review. Request contact information from involved parties and eyewitnesses to the incident. Keep receipts of all motorcycle repair costs, medical expenses, prescriptions, and other documents associated with the collision.
- Request a Copy of the Police Report: You can reach out to the local law enforcement that responded to the motorcycle accident, such as the California Highway Patrol or the Pleasanton Police Department, for a copy of the traffic incident report. This document will be useful when bringing a bodily injury claim with the insurance company as it identifies involved parties and provides an officer’s conclusion on who was at fault.
- Report the Motorcycle Accident: As a biker injured in a traffic collision, you are required to report the motorcycle crash to your insurance company to be compliant with your policy. Provide the facts of the incident to the insurer and a copy of the traffic incident report, if there is one. If the claims adjuster reaches out for a recorded statement or signature for release documents, politely decline and reach out to an attorney to have your case reviewed in detail in a free consultation.
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer: When prepared to take legal action, give a highest-rated Pleasanton motorcycle accident attorney a call. An experienced injury lawyer can review your case, answer your questions, and take immediate action to ensure that your rights and best interests are protected throughout the process.
Economic and non-economic damages you may seek in a personal injury claim for a motorcycle accident in Pleasanton, CA, may vary depending on the facts and circumstances surrounding the incident. Losses commonly recovered through these cases include:
- Medical Expenses: Costs for past and future medical care are recoverable as long as they are proven reasonable and necessary through clear and compelling evidence, such as testimony from medical experts.
- Lost Wages: If time was missed at work to recover from accident-related injuries, a motorcycle rider may seek reimbursement for lost wages. In cases involving serious injuries, lost future earning potential may be considered.
- Emotional Distress: A biker may suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, or anxiety after a motorcycle collision. Damages for emotional distress may be awarded to an injured motorcyclist who has suffered from such conditions.
- Pain and Suffering: Mental anguish or physical pain due to injuries from a motorcycle collision may be included in recoverable pain and suffering damages.
For more information on the legal process and what factors may have an influence on the outcome of a personal injury claim, watch this video.Is There a Filing Deadline for Motorcycle Injury Claims?
With clear and compelling evidence demonstrating that another party or entity was responsible for the incident, your Pleasanton motorcycle accident attorney will file a claim with the insurance company representing the at-fault party. Your lawyer will communicate and negotiate with the insurer, including your own, for an uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage claim, to reach a mutual settlement agreement. If not, your attorney will file the case in civil court in Alameda County to protect the statute of limitations.
Under the California Code of Civil Procedure Section 335.1, there is a two-year deadline for personal injury cases. This means that a case must be filed in civil court if the claim has not yet been settled with the other side within that time window. A different deadline applies to cases involving public agencies. Under these circumstances, a notice of claim must be filed no later than six months from the incident date with the public entity, per the California Government Code Section 911.2. Since evidence is often time-sensitive and such deadlines may pass by quickly, you should consider retaining legal counsel as soon as possible.Is It Expensive to Hire an Attorney for a Motorcycle Crash Case?
Throughout your motorcycle crash case, our accident attorneys will keep you updated. Our personal injury law firm operates on a contingent fee basis. This means that there are no upfront fees to secure legal representation. Attorney’s fees will only be due if we obtain a successful outcome in your personal injury case.Contact a Pleasanton Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
Since 1982, our personal injury law firm has represented injured parties and families of decedents in communities throughout the state of California, including the city of Pleasanton. Our work on behalf of our clients has led to successful verdicts and settlements.
Learn how our legal team can protect your rights and best interests after a motorcycle accident by dialing (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400. The Pleasanton motorcycle accident attorneys of AutoAccident.com are available anytime to meet with you and your family to review your case and provide free, friendly advice on how to best move forward in your situation
Image Credit: "DjordjePetrovic" on Pexels
:ds llo [cs 1217]