Placerville Personal Injury and Car Accident Lawyer (530) 392-9400
I'm Ed Smith, a Placerville Car Accident Lawyer. I have been serving the Placerville and surrounding area practicing auto accident and personal injury law since 1982.
In addition to its historical roots, Placerville is also booming with new industry. Home to more than 30 award winning wineries, it's very quickly become a respected area in the global wine production industry.Accidents in Placerville
For these reasons, it's no surprise that Placerville sees quite a lot of traffic from tourism. US Highway 50 and State Highway 49 are dangerously busy roadways, with serious accidents happening far too frequently. Just this past October, two people were injured in a crash between two cars and an 18-wheeler. One of the victims needed to be air-lifted to a local hospital.
When these tragedies happen, it's never expected. Few of us have any idea how to start putting our lives back together when loved ones are injured and medical bills begin to pile up. The last thing anyone wants to do in that situation is worry about money, or worse, fight with insurance companies. I'm here to help in these times of need. Together with my staff, we'll do the fighting for you. We'll work with the insurance companies to get you what is deserved and make sure those responsible are held accountable.
How to Select a Top Rated Personal Injury Lawyer
- See how they are rated by www.Avvo.com. This is where other lawyers familiar with their record and experience evaluate them. A competent personal injury lawyer should have a minimum rating of 9.0 or above on Avvo. You can find our Avvo rating here.
- How do past clients rate their firm on Yelp or Google? Are past clients happy with their work? See our Yelp rating here and our Google rating here.
- Have they written extensively in the personal injury field? I've written several books on personal injury law including The Ultimate California Auto Accident Handbookand The California Motorcycle Accident Handbook. I'm currently working on another book tentatively called Personal Injury Picasso: How Attorney's Evaluate & Value Personal Injury Cases. These books are available on Amazon, but you can get one free by emailing and requesting a copy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What kind of track record do they have? Our verdicts and settlements are listed here.
- Are they members of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum? This is an association of personal injury attorneys with multiple million dollar verdicts and settlements.View my membership in Million Dollar Advocates Forum here.
- Ask if the attorney handles personal injury cases exclusively. This is not an area for amateurs. If the attorney you are seeking in a serious injury case also does divorces, criminal law matters and traffic tickets, think hard before you retain them.
- Is the attorney personable and easy to talk to? He or she should be, because in a serious case you may be dealing with this person for years.
I'm Ed Smith, a Placerville Car Accident Lawyer. If you or a loved one was injured in Placerville, CA or somewhere else in the state, you likely have many questions. Contact me today for free and friendly advice. I can be reached at (530) 392-9400 locally.
I handle more than just auto accidents. Together with my dedicated staff of injury lawyers, I will discuss with you the details and complexities of your injury and keep you well informed throughout the entire process. An experienced personal injury attorney can usually help you obtain significantly more compensation for your injuries than you would obtain without one and is not afraid to take a case to trial if needed.