Placerville Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Placerville is a quiet town that seems worlds away from the busy State Capitol. Its rich history dating back to the gold rush means you can still find mines to explore at Gold Bug Park. Enjoy the beautiful California weather and spend some time in the El Dorado National Forest. It's not hard to find a good view of the Sierra Nevada Mountain range.
In addition to its historical roots, Placerville is also booming with a new industry. Home to more than 30 award-winning wineries, it's very quickly become a respected area in the global wine production industry.Accidents in Placerville
For these reasons, it's no surprise that Placerville sees quite a lot of traffic from tourism. US Highway 50 and State Highway 49 are dangerously busy roadways, with serious accidents happening far too frequently. In October 2015, two people were injured in a crash that involved two cars and an 18-wheeler. One of the victims needed to be air-lifted to a local hospital.Why You Need a Placerville Car Accident Lawyer
When these tragedies happen, it's never expected. Few of us have any idea how to start putting our lives back together when loved ones are injured and medical bills begin to pile up. The last thing anyone wants to do in that situation is worry about money, or worse, fight with insurance companies. I'm here to help in these times of need. Together with my staff, we'll do the fighting for you. We'll work with the insurance companies to get you what is deserved and make sure those responsible are held accountable.How to Select a Top Rated Placerville Personal Injury Lawyer
- See how they are rated by www.Avvo.com. This is where other lawyers familiar with their record and experience evaluate them. A competent Placerville auto accident attorney should have a minimum rating of 9.0 or above on Avvo.
- How do past clients rate their firm on Yelp or Google? Were the clients happy with their work?
- Have they written extensively in the personal injury field? I've written several books on personal injury law including The Ultimate California Auto Accident Handbook and The California Motorcycle Accident Handbook. These books are available on Amazon, but you can get one free by emailing and requesting a copy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What kind of track record do they have?
- Are they members of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum? This is an association of personal injury attorneys with multiple million-dollar verdicts and settlements.
- Ask if the attorney handles personal injury cases exclusively. This is not an area for amateurs. If the attorney you are seeking in a serious injury case also does divorces, criminal law matters and traffic tickets, think hard before you retain them.
- Is the attorney personable and easy to talk to? He or she should be, because in a serious case you may be dealing with this person for years.
Watch the video below for more tips on how to really choose a personal injury attorney for your case.Placerville Personal Injury Lawyer
I'm Ed Smith, a Placerville Car Accident Lawyer. If you or a loved one were injured in Placerville or somewhere else in the state, you likely have many questions. Contact me today for free and friendly advice. I can be reached at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400.
I handle more than just auto accidents. Together with my dedicated staff of injury lawyers, I will discuss with you the details and complexities of your injury and keep you well informed throughout the entire process. An experienced personal injury attorney can usually help you obtain significantly more compensation for your injuries than you would obtain without one and is not afraid to take a case to trial if needed.