Placerville Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Placerville, California, stands out as a town that embraces and welcomes motorcyclists with open arms. Placerville offers a haven for motorcycle enthusiasts With scenic routes like Georgetown, Gold Note, and Elkin's Flat. Thanks to its mild climate, riders can enjoy more riding days per year compared to other areas. Moreover, the town and its outskirts boast a range of rider-friendly establishments, including restaurants and bars, catering specifically to bikers. However, despite its reputation as a hot spot for bikers in Northern California, Placerville also experiences its fair share of motorcycle accidents.
Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable in collisions involving passenger vehicles or large trucks. These accidents can be catastrophic, occurring suddenly without adequate warning, leaving even the most seasoned riders with little time to react.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries while riding due to the negligence of another driver, it is vital to seek the guidance of a skilled Placerville motorcycle accident attorney. Our legal team is dedicated to protecting your rights and ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve. By contacting us at (530) 392-9400, you can arrange a free consultation to discuss your case in detail.Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Across the nation, the number of yearly motorcycle accidents continues to rise. In 2015, 14% of all fatalities related to auto accidents involved motorcyclists. According to the Insurance Information Institute, California is one of the top three states for motorcyclist fatalities.Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Many of the causes of motorcycle accidents are the same as those of any other traffic collision type. Some common causes include:
- Driver Negligence. If the accident was caused because the other driver broke or ignored traffic laws, such as failing to drive safely, yielding the right-of-way, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, they should be held responsible for any injuries they suffered.
- Distracted Driving. Vehicle drivers often claim that they could not see a motorcycle in their mirrors - and that this invisibility is even more pronounced in darkness. While motorcycles are smaller, have fewer lights, and may be disadvantaged unless they are ridden at night without lights, an attentive driver should see the bike. Sometimes, vehicle drivers are simply inattentive, texting, or otherwise preoccupied while driving.
- Road Hazards. Many parts of the country are notorious for potholes and other dangerous road conditions, and California is no exception. Defects on the road can lead to motorcycle accidents. A claim against the government for hazardous road conditions is more challenging than pursuing a lawsuit against a negligent private citizen. The road would need to be analyzed by experts, and several elements would have to be met to prove negligence. There is a much shorter timeline in which you must file a claim - only six months than California's usual two-year personal injury statute of limitations.
- Manufacturer Defects. In some cases, a defective bike part may have caused the accident. Proving this would require a thorough analysis of the motorcycle by a products liability expert. If negligence in the manufacturing process is provable and the defect was the cause of your injuries, you may have a viable claim against the bike manufacturer.
A motorcycle accident has a higher likelihood of causing catastrophic injuries than other types of traffic incidents. Some common injuries following a bike accident include:
- Broken bones/fractures
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck and back soft tissue injuries
- Deep abrasions (road rash)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
Some of the above injuries can result in lengthy hospitalizations, surgeries, and significant follow-up care. Such extensive medical treatment can end up costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. When you add to that the time off work and resulting income loss, it is clear that a motorcycle accident can result in devastating financial consequences.
Stress from worrying about money can hinder your physical recovery. Calls from insurance companies and bill collectors add to the turmoil. Considering everything at stake, an injured cyclist must consult a skilled motorcycle attorney. A good lawyer can maximize your financial recovery if the facts are on your side and there is a viable case against a negligent party.Talk with an Experienced Placerville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Navigating a personal injury lawsuit involves many intricacies, challenges, and constantly moving parts, including fact investigation, evidence preservation, handling insurance adjusters, determining proper jurisdiction, filing a lawsuit, completing the discovery process, and preparing for arbitration, mediation, and/or trial. Attempting to handle the claim on your own can quickly become frustrating, followed by overwhelming—especially given that you will also recover from your injuries.
Hiring an experienced Placerville motorcycle accident attorney will remove the worries of juggling a legal matter, protect your interests, and allow you to spend your energies on healing.
Watch the YouTube video below documenting one of the lovely rides the Placerville area offers.Call Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Placerville, CA
Following a severe motorcycle accident, it is recommended that you seek legal guidance. Our experienced Placerville motorcycle accident lawyers have practiced personal injury law since 1982. Call to speak with one of our injury lawyers at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400.
We are happy to provide compassionate, free, and friendly advice and have an online contact option.
See our past personal injury cases on our verdicts and settlements page.