Pittsburg Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Pittsburg, CA, is a small city in Contra Costa County in the San Francisco Bay Area. It has become a quaint community of nearly 77,000 residents with growing housing and business centers. The city is known for its proximity to outdoor recreational areas, such as the Delta and Mount Diablo, and its historic Old Town area.
The city has significantly invested in infrastructure and public services to support its growing population. It has improved transportation by expanding its roadways and providing access to public transit, including a Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station. Additionally, the city has invested in parks, recreational facilities, and community centers to provide residents with access to leisure activities. The growth in Pittsburg has also attracted new businesses and industries to the area, creating job opportunities for local residents. However, a growing town may mean more traffic on the road, and more motor vehicle collisions are likely to occur.
If you were hurt in a car accident in Pittsburg or anywhere else in Contra Costa County, call our experienced California personal injury lawyers at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400 for a free no-obligation consultation.Types of Cases Our Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
Our law office handles severe personal injury cases in Pittsburg, CA. These cases may include:
- Large Truck Accidents. According to a collision causation study by the U.S. Department of Transportation, California is one of ten states where fatalities stemming from large truck accidents are concentrated. The study found that large commercial trucks are involved in thirteen percent of accidents and thirteen percent of overall traffic fatalities. DOT reports that there were 3,806 crashes in 2013 across the United States involving large commercial vehicles, which killed 4,251 people. Of those deaths, only 739 fatalities were passengers or drivers of the commercial vehicle or seventeen percent. The vast majority of the casualties – 3,512 – were individuals in passenger vehicles or motorcycles. The figure also includes 78 bicyclists and 338 pedestrians.
- Severe passenger vehicle collisions. As Pittsburg car accident lawyers, we will state that head-on collisions and rollover accidents constitute the most severe car accidents. The Transportation Injury Mapping System managed by the University of California at Berkeley (TIMS) reports 180 crashes in Pittsburg in 2013, of which 10 were head-on collisions and 10 were rollover accidents. There were three fatalities and 12 severe injuries reported out of these crashes. TIMS also indicates that nearly 40 percent of these crashes involved speeding. We represent victims of serious crashes who suffer severe, disabling injuries or wrongful death suits stemming from such accidents.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents. Vehicle collisions involving pedestrians or bicyclists often result in catastrophic injuries or fatalities. Last year, the number of pedestrians who died in traffic accidents in the United States increased by around 10 percent, the most significant annual increase since data on such accidents began to be collected four decades ago. Fatalities started being tracked 40 years ago. Accordingly, pedestrians now make up about 15 percent of all vehicular accident-related deaths, up from 11 percent only ten years ago. DOT reports that California led the nation in 2014 with 697 pedestrian fatalities. According to TIMS, in Pittsburg, CA, 13 pedestrian-involved accidents in 2013, five of which involved drivers who failed to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk. According to the DOT, in 2014, 726 bicyclists died in traffic crashes. California held the top spot in the nation in fatalities, with 338 cyclists killed in collisions with automobiles. TIMS reports that nine crashes involved bicyclists in 2013 in Pittsburg.
- Serious Brain Injuries. Motor vehicle accidents cause more than half of reported traumatic brain injuries in the United States. These injuries occur through the force that penetrates or fractures a person's skull, which may happen when a vehicle occupant's head hits the steering wheel or the windshield of a car in an accident. Even where no penetration occurs, the force of the crash may cause brain bruising or bleeding. These injuries may also happen during slip and fall accidents or any accident involving blunt force trauma to the head.
- Wrongful Death Claims. A deceased individual's family member might have a claim for wrongful death in Pittsburg if another person's negligence caused the death. We represent families on behalf of a deceased person to obtain compensation in wrongful death cases, often involving tragic circumstances.
Our skilled Pittsburg personal injury lawyers handle all accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing unless we are successful with your case. Call our law firm today to schedule a free consultation so we can discuss your potential personal injury claim.How to Choose the Best Personal Injury Attorney
You may have arrived at this page because you are unsure how to find a top-rated injury lawyer to handle your case. People often perform Google searches if they can't obtain a reliable referral from a friend or family member. With internet searches, certain factors should play into your decision to hire an attorney. You should look for specific indicators that a lawyer will provide quality and efficient services to you and your family.
Here is a YouTube video to help you find an experienced personal injury attorney in Pittsburg, California.Is There a Rating System for Attorneys?
A Google search in Pittsburg will show several options for personal injury attorneys. One of the top results lists an attorney's website, but that listing fails to indicate the attorney's peer rating. Peer ratings may come from particular legal-oriented sites like Avvo (the attorney rating website). Avvo assigns ratings to attorneys using specific numerical criteria and is a highly regarded indicator of an attorney's professionalism and ability. These ratings are critical in searching for an attorney because, without a personal referral or prior experience with a lawyer, you can use Avvo's information to gauge other people's experience with the attorney in question. Our Avvo profile has garnered an Avvo rating of 10, the top possible rating.What You Should Look for in a Personal Injury Lawyer
Another important factor is an attorney's focus on practice. One of the top results in searches in Pittsburg, CA, shows an attorney with many practice areas, such as criminal defense, real estate, personal injury, and business litigation. Such a wide variety of practice areas usually indicates that an attorney may not have in-depth knowledge in a field of law that can adequately represent a client's interests with enough expertise. This is especially true in a highly nuanced area of law, such as personal injury cases.
We have exclusively practiced personal injury law in California for over three decades, and we have dedicated our energies to developing expertise in this area of law. We do not dabble in multiple areas of law. There is an old saying, "jack-of-all-trades and master of none." You would not see a mechanic for a haircut, would you? Be sure to choose an attorney who practices personal injury law exclusively.Is the Attorney a Million Dollar Advocate Member?
We are a California member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This is an association of trial attorneys who have successfully recovered personal injury settlements and over a million dollars in verdicts. We are also a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association, a prestigious nationwide association of attorneys dedicated to trial practice.Does the Lawyer Have Financial Resources for the Trial?
If the attorney does not list a Verdicts and Settlements Page on its website, it may not have the financial resources to take a case to trial. The attorney may be in the habit of settling all claims out of court. You want a Pittsburg personal injury lawyer with the financial resources and trial experience necessary to take a case to trial should the insurance company offer a low settlement amount. It is essential to determine if the lawyer you are about to hire has trial experience and a long history of successful case verdicts.Make Sure the Attorney Has Satisfied Clients
The personal testimonies of past and present clients are essential in gauging whether to hire an attorney. Top results for personal injury attorneys in Pittsburg search often do not include client testimonials. Still, our clients have left testimonials describing how we assisted them in vindicating their rights. These testimonials are available on our website.Pittsburg Traffic FAQ
Where are the most dangerous intersections in Pittsburg?
The following intersections have the most accidents historically:
- Buchanan Road and Loveridge Road
- Buchanan Road and Ventura Drive
- Buchanan Road and Woodborough Place
- Harbor Street and East Leland Road
- Jensen Drive and Ventura Drive
- Palo Verde Drive and Springhill Drive
- N Park Boulevard and Loveridge Road
- Railroad Avenue and Alvarado Avenue
- Railroad Avenue and East Leland Road
- Railroad Avenue and Highway 4
- Railroad Avenue and West Leland Road
- State Route 4 and Loveridge Road
If you have been hurt in an accident caused by someone else's negligence, contact a Pittsburg personal injury lawyer at our law firm today for free, friendly advice at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400. Our attorneys can review your case and determine if you have a potential compensation claim.
See a list of our past cases on our verdicts and settlements page.
Since 1982 we have practiced personal injury law exclusively.
Editor's Note: updated [cha 4.21.23] Photo by Lenka XIA on Pexels [cs 1593]