Pittsburg Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Pittsburg, California, is located in Contra Costa County, where the San Joaquin and Sacramento Rivers meet. It has evolved into a quaint community of nearly 72,000 residents with growing housing and business centers. The city has also undertaken efforts to restore Pittsburg’s old town historic district, which hosts a growing arts community. However, a growing city may mean more traffic on the road, and more motor vehicle collisions are likely to occur.Types of Cases Our Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
Our law office handles severe personal injury cases in Pittsburg. These cases may include:
- Large Truck Accidents. According to a collision causation study by the U.S. Department of Transportation, California is one of ten states where fatalities stemming from large truck accidents are concentrated. The study found that large commercial trucks were involved in thirteen percent of accidents and thirteen percent of overall traffic fatalities. DOT reports that there was a total of 3,806 crashes in 2013 across the United States involving large commercial vehicles, which killed 4,251 people. Of those deaths, only 739 fatalities were passengers or drivers of the commercial vehicle involved or seventeen percent. The vast majority of the casualties – 3,512 – were individuals in passenger vehicles or motorcycles. The figure also includes 78 bicyclists and 338 pedestrians.
- Severe passenger vehicle collisions. As Pittsburg car accident lawyers, we will state that head-on collisions and rollover accidents constitute the most serious of the various kinds of car accidents. The Transportation Injury Mapping System managed by the University of California at Berkeley (TIMS) reports 180 collisions in Pittsburg in 2013, of which 10 were head-on collisions, and 10 were rollover accidents. There were three fatalities and 12 severe injuries reported out of these crashes. TIMS also indicates that nearly 40 percent of these crashes involved speeding as a factor. We represent victims of serious crashes who suffer severe, disabling injuries or wrongful death suits stemming from such accidents.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents. When vehicle collisions involve either pedestrians or bicyclists, they often result in catastrophic injuries or even fatalities. Last year, the number of pedestrians who died in traffic accidents in the United States increased by around 10 percent, the largest annual increase since data on such accidents began to be collected four decades ago. Fatalities started being tracked 40 years ago. Accordingly, pedestrians now make up about 15 percent of all vehicular accident-related deaths, up from 11 percent only ten years ago. DOT reports that California led the nation in 2014 with the number of pedestrian fatalities at 697 deaths. According to TIMS, in Pittsburg, CA, there were 13 pedestrian-involved accidents in 2013, five of which involved drivers who failed to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk. In 2014, 726 bicyclists died in traffic crashes, according to the DOT. California held the top spot in the nation in fatalities, with 338 cyclists killed in collisions with automobiles. TIMS reports that nine crashes involved bicyclists in 2013 in Pittsburg.
- Serious Brain Injuries. Motor vehicle accidents cause more than half of reported traumatic brain injuries in the United States. These types of injuries occur through the force that penetrates or fractures a person’s skull, which may happen when a vehicle occupant’s head hits the steering wheel or the windshield of a car in an accident. Even where no penetration occurs, the force of the crash may cause brain bruising or bleeding. These injuries may also happen during slip and fall accidents or any accident involving blunt force trauma to the head.
- Wrongful Death Claims. A deceased individual’s family member might have a claim for wrongful death in Pittsburg if another person's negligence caused the death. We represent families on behalf of a deceased person to obtain compensation in wrongful death cases, which often involve tragic circumstances.
Our Pittsburg personal injury lawyers handle all my cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay nothing unless we are successful with your case. Call our law firm today to schedule a free consultation so we can go over the details of your potential personal injury claim.How to Choose the Best Personal Injury Attorney
You may have arrived at this page because you are unsure of how to find a top-rated injury lawyer in your area to handle your case. Most of the time, people perform Google searches if they can’t obtain a reliable referral from a friend or family member. With internet searches, certain factors should play into the decision you make to hire an attorney. You should be on the lookout for certain indicators that a lawyer will provide quality and efficient services to you and your family. Here is a YouTube video to help you find an experienced personal injury attorney in Pittsburg.Is There a Rating System for Attorneys?
A Google search in Pittsburg will come up with several options for personal injury attorneys. One of the top results lists an attorney’s website, but that listing fails to indicate the attorney's peer rating. Peer ratings may come from particular legal-oriented sites such as AVVO (the attorney rating website). AVVO assigns ratings to attorneys using certain numerical criteria and is a highly-regarded indicator of an attorney’s professionalism and ability. These ratings are critical in the search for an attorney because, without a personal referral or prior experience with a lawyer, you can use AVVO’s information to gauge other people’s experience with the attorney in question. Our AVVO profile has garnered an AVVO rating of 10, which is the top possible rating.What You Should Look for in a Personal Injury Lawyer
Another important factor is an attorney’s focus of practice. One of the top results in searches in Pittsburg, CA, shows an attorney with many practice areas such as criminal defense, real estate, personal injury, and business litigation. Such a wide variety of practice areas usually indicates that an attorney may not have the kind of in-depth knowledge in a field of law that can adequately represent a client’s interests with enough expertise. This is especially the case in a highly nuanced area of law, such as personal injury cases. We have exclusively practiced personal injury law in California for over three decades, and we have dedicated my energies towards developing expertise in this area of law. We do not dabble in multiple areas of law. There is an old saying, “jack-of-all-trades and master of none.” You wouldn’t go see a mechanic have your hair cut, would you? Be sure to choose an attorney who practices personal injury law exclusively.Is The Attorney a Million Dollar Advocate Member?
We are a California member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This is an association of trial attorneys who have successfully recovered personal injury settlements and over a million dollars verdicts. We are also a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association, a prestigious nationwide association of attorneys dedicated to trial practice.Does the Lawyer Have Financial Resources to go to Trial?
If the attorney does not list a Verdicts and Settlements Page on its website, they may not have the financial resources to take a case to trial. The attorney may be in the habit of settling all cases out of court. You want a Pittsburg personal injury lawyer who has the financial resources and trial experience necessary to take a case to trial should the insurance company offer a low settlement amount. It is essential to determine if the lawyer you are about to hire has trial experience and a long history of successful case verdicts.Make Sure the Attorney Has Satisfied Past and Present Clients
The personal testimonies of past and present clients are important in gauging whether to hire an attorney. Top results for searches for personal injury attorneys in Pittsburg often do not include testimonials from clients. Still, our clients have left various testimonials that describe how we assisted them in vindicating their rights. These testimonials are available on our website.Pittsburg FAQ
Where are the most dangerous intersections in Pittsburg?
The following intersections have the most accidents historically:
- Buchanan Rd and Loveridge Rd
- Buchanan Rd and Ventura Dr
- Buchanan Rd and Woodborough Pl
- Harbor St and East Leland Rd
- Jensen Dr and Ventura Dr
- Palo Verde Dr and Springhill Dr
- N Park Blvd and Loveridge Rd
- Railroad Ave and Alvarado Ave
- Railroad Ave and East Leland Rd
- Railroad Ave and Highway 4
- Railroad Ave and West Leland Rd
- State Route 4 and Loveridge Rd
If you have been hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact a Pittsburg personal injury lawyer at our law firm today for free, friendly advice at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400. Our attorneys can review your case and determine if you have a potential compensation claim.
Since 1982 we have practiced personal injury law exclusively.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 8.9.21]
Photo by Lenka XIA on Pexels