Pine Hills Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Pine Hills, California, is a census-driven area near the town of Eureka in Humboldt County. Other nearby communities are Ridgewood and Elk River. The population of this suburban community is growing, and in 2010, it reached 3,131. Many families call Pine Hills home with its above-average school system and numerous parks. There is easy access to other areas of coastal California as well as Oregon and Washington State via U.S. 101. The majority of people own their homes. There are 1,261 households in Pine Hills. Thirty-three percent of the residents are 45-64, and 21 percent are 25-44 years old. Slightly less than 21 percent are under 18. Accidents happen, no matter where you live. That is where I come in. As a Pine Hills personal injury lawyer, I work to protect your rights. Learn more about personal injuries as we explore the different types of accidents below.What Is a Personal Injury?
A personal injury is an umbrella term for accidents that hurt the mind, body, or emotions in contrast to property. Such injuries are caused by negligence or from an intentional act. They can also be the result of liability where a manufacturer fails to provide a safe product. Some lawyers practice only personal injury law. They are called specialists. Others are generalists, and besides doing personal injury law. They also handle such entities as divorces, wills, and criminal law. Some of the types of cases an injury lawyer handles are car and truck accidents, traumatic injuries, and malpractice. When someone is in an accident or hurt by another party, a Pine Hills personal injury attorney is one of the first people they reach out to after a medical professional.Three Areas a Pine Hills Personal Injury Lawyer Focuses On
One of the first things a personal injury lawyer must prove is liability. After an accident happens, the parties will often argue over whose fault it was. A personal injury lawyer visits the accident scene to look for evidence and questions witnesses or acquires videos that capture the incident on video. In many cases, it is helpful to bring an accident reconstructionist on board who will use various techniques to recreate the crash. An injury lawyer needs to have the necessary resources to prove fault.
Next, a lawyer will need to prove that the accident caused his or her client’s injuries. Finally, the client needs to be compensated for the financial cost of those injuries. A Pine Hills personal injury lawyer will bring together medical, vocational, and financial experts who will verify the necessity and expense of medical care and additional losses an injury causes. Many injuries require periods of extended care at home, something that can be expensive. The bottom line is that an injury lawyer will do what they can to make their client whole once again.
Watch the following video presented by attorney Ed Smith on how to choose a personal injury lawyer:Types of Personal Injuries
There are many types of personal injuries. Some are listed below:
- Car accidents: This is the most common type of personal injury. The accidents are usually due to driver error. Some things a driver may do that results in a crash are driving distracted or drunk. These accidents range from rear-end crashes to head-on collisions. If negligence caused an accident, your Pine Hills car accident lawyer could help.
- Dog bites: California has the highest number of dog bites in the country. Under California Civil Code 3342, a dog owner can be held liable for the bite. An attorney who specializes in personal injury law can help.
- Truck accidents: Such accidents can cause gruesome injuries due to the size of a truck compared to a passenger vehicle. It is essential to engage a Pine Hills auto accident attorney who can determine fault in such crashes.
- Bicycle accidents: Most bicycle accidents result in serious injury to the cyclist. It is important to have an attorney who will ensure that extended hospital stays are covered.
- Motorcycle accidents: Many motorcycle accidents are due to the conspicuity issues that make bikers invisible on the road. An injury lawyer will work to show that the defendant failed to live up to his or her duty of keeping others safe when they drive.
- Pedestrian accidents: Many pedestrians are hurt and killed each year in California. Speeding has a great deal to do with it. Drivers who are traveling at speeds above the limit are often unable to stop in time to avoid a pedestrian accident.
- Boating accidents: Humboldt County has a great deal to offer outdoors. Some favorite activities involve boating. Yet, for many people, a boating accident can end in injury or death. A Pine Hills personal injury attorney can help the injured party or his or her family to obtain the necessary compensation.
- Government entities: Some accidents are caused by government entities. When this happens, a lawsuit can be filed against them to recover damages. The time limit to file the lawsuit differs significantly from other types of claims. Having an experienced lawyer can ensure that all documents are filed on time.
- Products liability: Manufacturers are required to make safe products that consumers can depend on. If they fail in that duty, a lawsuit can be filed against them, the product designer, or the retailer.
- Wrongful death: On many occasions, a person can be killed by another’s negligence or intentional act. It is possible for the family to file a wrongful death claim to recover the financial loss that person’s death causes as well as the emotional support that is lost.
Some of the following questions are common:
Q. Could you tell me the name of a mechanic in the area?
A: A few come highly recommended by Yelp:
2655 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, CA 95501
Telephone: (707) 445-2612
2401 Broadway St, Eureka, CA 95501
Telephone: (707) 273-5051
Q. Where will I find a good car rental company?
A. Here are a few car rental agencies with good reviews:
110 5th St, Eureka, CA 95501
Telephone: (707) 443-3366
350 I St, Arcata, CA 95521
Telephone: (707) 826-9090Pine Hills Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Pine Hills car accident and personal injury lawyer. If you have been injured by a negligent driver, call me at (707) 564-1900 in Humboldt County and (800) 404-5400 out of the area for free and friendly advice. I can also be reached online if that is more convenient for you.
Image by Peter H from Pixabay
:cd cha [cs 1166]
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 12.26.19]