Patterson Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycles provide freedom and thrill for those who ride. However, they offer little protection for the rider in a traffic collision. Because of this, bikers often suffer catastrophic injuries or even death in crashes. When motorcyclists are injured or killed through no fault, an experienced personal injury lawyer can stand up for them and protect their best interests.
If you were hurt while riding a motorcycle in Patterson, the best way to ensure you receive compensation for your personal injury claim is to work with an accident attorney. Call our law firm for free, friendly case advice today at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400.
Auto insurance companies representing at-fault parties may dispute liability by blaming the motorcyclist. Insurers may use defense tactics such as negative stereotypes about motorcycle riders to avoid financial liability for the incident. Our motorcycle accident attorneys will not allow insurance carriers to exploit injured bikers and their vulnerable situations. Most motorcyclists are cautious and are often harmed on the road because of negligent drivers. To learn how our personal injury law firm can help, contact us today for a free consultation.Common Reasons for Crashes Involving Motorcycle Riders
Most motorcycle accidents are caused by the negligence of other drivers. This may present through the following forms:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on a cell phone
- Failing to yield the right of way to bikers
- Following too closely or tailgating
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions
- Turning in front of oncoming motorcycle riders
Bikers' Crashes may also be caused by defects, including faulty motorcycle parts and poor road conditions. Contact the best motorcycle accident attorney in Patterson for more details on bringing a claim against a negligent manufacturer or government entity for damages incurred.How is Liability Determined in a Motorcycle Crash?
To bring a successful personal injury case for a motorcycle accident, it must be proven that the other party caused the crash. Establishing liability can be as simple as showing the at-fault party violated the rules of the road, failed to yield the right of way, speeding, or demonstrated other forms of negligence.
In other cases, it may be necessary for an injury lawyer to retain an accident reconstruction expert to determine how the incident occurred and how the other party was responsible for causing it. Our law firm has the resources to conduct independent investigations of motorcycle accidents in Patterson to prove who was at fault and what sources of bodily injury liability coverage are available.What Types of Damages are Recoverable in a Motorcycle Accident Case?
Compensation in a bodily injury claim is generally comprised of two categories. These include economic damages or special damages and non-economic damages or general damages.
Economic damages are intended to compensate a claimant for financial losses from accident-related injuries. They include:
- Medical Expenses: A biker may seek financial recovery of medical bills for ambulance rides, hospital stays, primary care provider visits, consultations with specialists, surgeries, and more. Costs of future medical treatment may also be recovered so long as they can be proven reasonable and necessary by a medical expert.
- Lost Wages: When a motorcyclist has missed work to recover from their injuries or attend medical appointments, they may bring a claim for wage loss. If permanent injury or disability has prevented the claimant from returning to work, they may also be entitled to financial compensation for loss of future earnings.
- Property Damage: A motorcycle rider may also seek financial recovery for property damage. This may include the cost of repairing or repairing a motorcycle and other personal belongings in the crash, such as protective gear and helmets.
Non-economic damages are considered intangible harms associated with traffic collisions. Unlike economic damages, calculating non-economic damages is not straightforward as they cannot be proven through bills or receipts. General damages include:
- Disfigurement and Scarring: Disfiguring injuries often result from motorcycle crashes. A motorcyclist is vulnerable to burns, lacerations, and road rash, even with protective gear and clothing. All of which may result in permanent scarring and other trauma. A scar on a visible area of the body may require extensive cosmetic surgeries to correct and lead to a loss of self-esteem. A personal injury attorney may seek compensation for a biker who suffered scarring and disfigurement from a motor vehicle accident.
- Loss of Consortium: A claim for loss of consortium is intended to compensate an uninjured spouse for damage to the marital relationship because of the motorcycle accident. This may also include compensation for the inability to conceive children from accident-related injuries such as paralysis.
- Pain and Suffering: Damages for pain and suffering include mental distress and physical pain caused by motorcycle injuries. It may also be considered emotional anguish if the trauma has prevented the claimant from enjoying hobbies or carrying out daily tasks.
Watch the video below for additional details on the accident claims process in California and the various factors that may impact the value of a motorcycle injury case.Call Our Motorcycle Injury Lawyers in Patterson, CA
If you have suffered severe injuries in a motorcycle crash in the Patterson area, the attorneys of our law firm can help you seek total and fair compensation for your injuries and damages incurred. Our Patterson motorcycle accident attorneys can independently investigate the collision and gather evidence to build a strong case.
Our legal team can handle communications and negotiations with the insurance company representing the other driver. We have handled cases like yours since 1982 and know how to overcome the defense tactics that insurance carriers use to reduce their payouts. Suppose the insurer is unwilling to offer a reasonable personal injury settlement. In that case, our lawyers are prepared to take your case to civil court and obtain a favorable judgment.
Do not hesitate to start the personal injury claims process to obtain the financial compensation you need and deserve. Contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with one of our motorcycle accident injury lawyers in Patterson.
Editor's Note: updated 11.20.23 Image Credit: By "CodyMonser" via Pixabay ds [cs 1033] cha