Parkway Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Parkway, California, is a census-driven neighborhood in Sacramento County. Since the 2010 census, its population has grown to 23,084 from 14,670. This growth is mainly due to the welcome mix of rural and urban feel and the close proximity to Highway 99, enabling easy commuting. Despite this idyllic setting, accidents do happen. When they do, you need the insight an injury lawyer can provide. That’s where we come in. As Parkway personal injury lawyers since 1982, we’ve been able to help clients obtain the compensation they deserve in all types of serious accidents.Looking for a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you are looking for an injury lawyer, chances are you have been in an accident and have suffered an injury. If this is the case, you probably feel the unease that often accompanies this type of situation. For many of you, the stress of an accident is not limited to physical pain or the inability to work, at least for a time. Instead, it also involves financial distress that affects every aspect of your and your family’s life. No one should have to pay for the aftermath of an accident caused by a negligent party. The biggest problem for many people is that they need to deal with insurance adjusters from their own insurer and the at-fault party. Besides investigating the accident, negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement, and determining how and why the accident happened, we will stand beside you every step of the way.No Payment Is Necessary Until the Case or Settlement Is Won
Many people hesitate when deciding to retain a lawyer because they wonder if they can afford it. Parkway personal injury attorneys do not charge a fee upfront. This is appropriate because their clients are probably stretched thin. Instead, their fee is paid after their client wins the case. If the case is not successful, there is no cost to the client. The fee is a percentage of the verdict or settlement amount. California has stringent limits on what an attorney can charge, so the fee can not exceed a specific rate. When you speak to an attorney for the first time, review this with them. We believe in transparency and urge prospective clients to ask questions before signing an agreement to have me represent them.
Watch the video below to learn how you can find the right Parkway personal injury attorney for your case.Types of Injury Cases We Handle
The types of accident cases we handle are:
- Car Accidents: This category includes all kinds of car accidents, from front-end collisions to broadside crashes. As a Parkway car accident lawyer, we have the resources to investigate the accidents, bringing in reconstruction experts when necessary. This is an essential aspect of our practice. We don’t just review accident reports. We use the latest technology to get a clear vision of what happened. By doing this, we can dispute the opposition’s attempts to evade responsibility.
- Motorcycle crashes: Accidents involving a motorcycle often lead to devastating injuries and fatalities. This involves long stays in the hospital at a high monetary cost. We make sure that medical bills do not punish the rider or passenger over and above the physical injury they incurred.
- Catastrophic injuries: Sometimes, a person is injured to such an extent that their cost exceeds insurance coverage. It may be necessary to file a lawsuit against the guilty party. If this situation arises, a Parkway auto accident lawyer will build a strong case against the defendant in civil court.
- Bicycle Accidents: Cyclists suffer accidents that include severe head and face injuries as well as broken bones. For some, the accident may be fatal.
- Truck accidents: Because of their size, a truck accident can devastate individuals in passenger vehicles. It is necessary to retain an injury lawyer to ensure that necessary compensation is won.
- Pedestrian accidents: Too many pedestrians are killed every year due to negligent drivers. It is important to use video capture of the accident. A pedestrian injury lawyer will obtain the videos if they are available. Speed is an important factor in many pedestrian crashes.
- Dog bites: California is the leading state for dog bites. Under California Civil Code 3342, the owner can be held responsible when a dog hurts a person. Your injury lawyer will work hard to hold the owner liable and obtain the compensation their client deserves.
- Products liability: Consumers depend on companies when it comes to the safety of their products. When a company fails to produce safe products and a consumer is hurt, the injured party has the right to file a products liability lawsuit.
- Traumatic brain injury: This type of injury can be horrific for the injured party and their family. For some, it is possible to be treated. However, the cost can be high. A personal injury lawyer will work to make sure that medical care cost is compensated.
- Medication errors: Patients need to receive the correct medicine. When the doctor, hospital, or pharmacy fails to provide it, the patient has a right to file a claim against them.
- Rollover accidents: Rollovers are common and cause severe injuries and deaths. One of the major problems is when the roof of a car cannot withstand the vehicle's weight and caves in on the occupants. This is called a crushed roof. Your Parkway personal injury lawyer will be able to see if the roof of your vehicle was designed correctly. If not, a lawsuit against the manufacturer may be included in the case.
- Boating accidents: Many Californians enjoy boating in rivers and lakes that dot the state. When a boating accident occurs, they need the help of a Parkway personal injury attorney to make sure they receive fair compensation.
- Faulty medical devices: It is common to see a person who has suffered due to a defective medical device. Not only will the person experience the pain this causes but also be forced to endure additional surgery. This is where a Parkway personal injury lawyer can help by ensuring that medical costs and other damages are recovered.
- Wrongful death: A family suffers a great deal when a loved one dies. Aside from their grief, they also must get by financially without the family member’s assistance. A wrongful death lawyer can help the family recover the monetary cost of lost support and emotional pain.
The first thing you need to know is that not every lawyer is the one for you. If you were injured in an accident, the first thing you need to do is find a personal injury lawyer. You want someone who has dedicated their practice to injury law, as we have done since the 1980s. Personality plays a part too. Some lawyers are programmed to do their job without interacting much with their clients. We take the opposite tack. A client is not an accident in human form. They have wishes and hopes and are capable of making critical choices in their case. We respect their intelligence. We provide clients with my feelings about the situation and how we would proceed if we were them. But they have the final say. It is their life.
We also try to get to know our client’s family since their feelings are also relevant. This is called a holistic approach to the law, and it is one we use. We get to know our clients, and long after the case is over, they often drop by the office to chat and have a cup of coffee.
Watch the video below to hear personal injury attorney Ed Smith explain holistic law.What an Injury Lawyer Can Do for You
After an accident, most folks are thrown into a surreal world. They are often in pain, worrying about making ends meet when they can’t go to work and how to deal with the insurance company. A Parkway personal injury lawyer provides the direction and insight that the injured party needs. They can investigate the accident to determine liability and prove negligence. An attorney can deal with insurance company questions and negotiate with them for a fair settlement. If the insurer fails to meet their responsibility, the attorney can prepare a strong case against the defendant. In all these scenarios, the attorney will be there for you with your best interests at heart. It is important to call a lawyer as soon as possible after the accident happens since evidence can often disappear and witness memories can fade.Personal Injury Lawyers in Parkway, CA
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 9.28.21]
Image by Jill Wellington from Pixabay
:cd cha [cs 2057]