Paradise Car Accident & Personal Injury Lawyer
Paradise, California, is a small town in Butte County, situated in the Sierra Nevada foothills above the Sacramento Valley. The town population was 26,218 as of the 2010 census. In 2018, the Camp Fire destroyed most of the town, and the population declined by 90%.
If you or a family member has suffered severe injuries in an accident in Paradise and needs the guidance of a personal injury lawyer, reach out to our legal team at (530) 392-9400 for a free consultation.How to Hire the Right Paradise Personal Injury Attorney
You have been injured in an accident and are dealing with high medical expenses. You've carefully considered it and spoken to your family and friends. Now you've decided you need to find a Paradise auto accident attorney to help you with your personal injury claim. The question is, how do you choose one? Below are some tips to help you find an experienced injury lawyer:
- Choose a Compassionate Attorney - The lawyer you choose will work closely with you to maximize your claim volume. The first and foremost quality you should look for is a lawyer you feel comfortable with. The attorney should be willing to listen carefully and be compassionate towards you while, at the same time, being honest with you about your case. Having an excellent lawyer-client relationship is essential.
- Choose a Lawyer Who Handles Personal Injury Law Exclusively - It is crucial to scrutinize a lawyer's area of expertise and prior cases. In searching for a lawyer, you should look closely at the cases that a Paradise auto accident attorney usually handles. Some attorneys practice multiple areas of law unrelated to each other, such as real estate, personal injury, criminal defense, and wills and trusts. These general practice lawyers or wrongful death cases simply do not have the right experience.
- Make Sure the Attorney is Reviewed and Rated By Their Peers on Avvo - One way of screening lawyers in your area is by doing an online search. However, there are things you should look for when browsing through attorneys' websites. One factor is whether a lawyer has been peer-reviewed or has received a rating from a legal practice-oriented directory. One such directory is Avvo, an online nationwide database that rates lawyers based on their ability, professionalism, and ethics.
- Be Sure the Lawyer Has Satisfied Clients - Another way to screen hits for attorney searches in your area is testimonials from previous and present clients. Some lawyers post these testimonials on their websites, and our website includes an extensive list of testimonials from clients. Our site also summarizes prior verdicts and settlements that we have recovered on behalf of clients.
- Be Sure the Attorney Has Trial Experience and Financial Resources to Take the Case To Trial. The lawyer you select must have the trial experience and financial resources to take a case to trial. One way to determine if a firm has such resources is to check for past jury verdicts. You don't want to be saddled with an accident attorney who cannot try your case. Suppose an insurance company offers a low settlement offer. In that case, you want a lawyer to file a lawsuit on your behalf, not just accept a lowball offer from an insurance adjuster.
The video below provides more information on choosing the best Paradise personal injury lawyer for your case.Providing Focused Legal Representation for Car Accidents
Limiting our clients to the most severe personal injury and wrongful death matters, we can help effectively pursue claims for compensation stemming from various personal injury cases. These cases are primarily vehicle accident claims. These accidents are usually caused by the following:
- Distracted Drivers. Distracted drivers are a prevalent problem across the country today. And the most common distraction is using a cell phone on the road. Distractions divert a driver's attention from the road and the task of driving, making them more prone to crashes.
- Fatigued or Drowsy Drivers. Driving while tired is a common cause of vehicle crashes, and many drivers stay on the road even when falling asleep at the wheel. This practice is especially prevalent with large commercial truck drivers who spend hours on the road or drive overnight.
- Reckless Driving. Reckless drivers often show a calloused disregard for the rules of the road. They either ignore posted speed limits, drive many miles, engage in tailgating, or unsafely change lanes. Reckless driving can also involve running red lights or traffic signs. Reckless driving can be one of the leading causes of the most severe car accidents.
- Driving Under the Influence. When drunk or drugged drivers choose to get behind the wheel, they put themselves and others at extreme risk. Aside from facing serious criminal charges that may come with extensive jail time, such drivers will also be liable for the injuries they cause if they get involved in vehicle crashes.
- Design or Manufacturing Defects. Another cause of vehicle accidents is defects in the vehicle. If a manufacturer of the car or one of its parts was negligent during the design process during the manufacturing line, the manufacturer or distributor might be held strictly liable if the vehicle gets into an accident that causes catastrophic injuries to others.
In addition to vehicle accidents, our law firm also handles other personal injury cases, such as:
- Dog Bite Cases. Some dog bite injuries can be severe, mainly if they involve rabid dogs. These injuries can require extensive treatment.
- Slip and Fall. Some slip-and-fall incidents can be dangerous enough to cause brain injuries that require extensive hospitalization, long-term treatment, and disability.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents. Auto accidents involving bicyclists or pedestrians usually result in severe injuries and even fatalities. Often, vehicles in such accidents fail to yield to cyclists and pedestrians or engage in other negligent behavior.
- Wrongful Death. We pursue wrongful death cases against negligent parties on behalf of the deceased person's spouse, children, parents, siblings, or other individuals with legitimate legal interests.
Being in a traumatic car crash can cause emotional distress for the injured person. If you or a family member has been seriously injured in a car accident or any other type of accident, please call our Paradise personal injury lawyers today at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
See our past cases on our verdicts and settlements page.
We've been practicing personal injury law exclusively since 1982.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 1.9.23]
Photo by Pixabay [cs 1101]