Paradise Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Additionally, lumber mills began operating as families started to arrive and settle along with the prospectors. During this time, the town became known as Paradise. Eventually, the railroad reached the area in 1904, and agrarian development took off. Pear, apple, and prune growers used the rail to take their products quickly to market. In the mid-1960s, the residents of the area decided it was time to incorporate, especially since the population had grown from 5,000 in the early 50s to over 20,000 in just fifteen years.
In November 2018, the entire town of Paradise was destroyed by the Camp Fire. The Camp Fire was the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in modern California history. The fire was contained 17 days after it first started but not before it killed 86 people, burned through over 153,000 acres and destroyed nearly 19,000 buildings.How to Hire the Right Paradise Personal Injury Attorney
You’ve considered it carefully, and you’ve spoken to your family and friends, and now you’ve decided that you need to find a Paradise auto accident attorney to help you with your personal injury claim. The question now is this: how do you choose one? Here’s a video I created to help you find an experienced attorney.
Choose a Compassionate Attorney
The attorney you choose will be working closely with you to maximize the volume of your claim. The first and foremost quality you should look for is an attorney that you feel comfortable with. The attorney should be willing to listen carefully and be compassionate towards you while, at the same time, being honest with you about your case.
Make sure the Attorney is Not A Jack-of-All-Trades and Master of None
It is important to scrutinize a lawyer's area of expertise and prior cases. In searching for an attorney, you should look closely at the kinds of cases that a lawyer usually handles. Some attorneys choose to practice multiple areas of law that are unrelated to each other, such as real estate, personal injury, criminal defense, and wills and trusts. These general practice attorneys usually develop some expertise in these areas of law, but will likely be unable to assist you fully if you have a serious personal injury or wrongful death case. They simply do not have the right experience. I have practiced nothing but personal injury law in Northern California for more than thirty years.
Make Sure the Attorney is Reviewed and Rated By His or Her Peers on Avvo
One way of screening attorneys in your area is by doing an online search. However, there are things you should look for when browsing through attorneys’ websites. One factor is whether a lawyer has been peer-reviewed, or has received a rating from a legal practice-oriented directory. One such directory is AVVO. AVVO is a vast online database of attorneys across the country and rates attorneys from one to ten based on the reported data about ability, professionalism, and ethics.
Be Sure the Attorney Has Satisfied Clients
Another way to screen hits for attorney searches in your area are testimonials provided by previous and present clients. Some attorneys post these testimonials on their websites. Our website includes an extensive list of testimonials from clients. Our site also has a summary of prior verdicts and settlements that we have recovered on behalf of clients.
Be Sure the Attorney Has Trial Experience and Financial Resources to Take Case To Trial
Finally, it is important that the attorney you select has the trial experience and financial resources to take a case to trial. One way to find out if a firm has such resources is to check for past jury verdicts. You definitely don’t want to be saddled with an attorney who is not capable of trying your case. If an insurance company offers a low settlement offer, you want an attorney that will file a lawsuit on your behalf not just accept a low ball offer from an insurance adjuster.
The video below provides more information on how to choose the right personal injury lawyer.Providing Focused Legal Representation for Car Accidents
Limiting my clients to the most serious personal injury and wrongful death matters, I am able to help effectively pursue claims for compensation stemming from a variety of personal injury cases. These cases are primarily vehicle accident claims. These accidents are usually caused by:
- Distracted Drivers. Distracted drivers are a prevalent problem across the country today. And the most common distraction is the use of a cell phone on the road. Distractions divert a driver’s attention from the road and the task of driving, making him or her more prone to crashes.
- Fatigued or Drowsy Drivers. Driving while tired is a common cause of vehicle crashes. Many drivers continue to stay on the road even when they are falling asleep at the wheel. This practice is especially prevalent with large commercial truck drivers who spend hours on the road or drive overnight.
- Reckless Driving. Reckless drivers often show a calloused disregard for the rules of the road. They either ignore posted speed limits and drive many miles over, or engage in tailgating, or change lanes unsafely. Reckless driving can also involve running red lights or traffic signs. Reckless driving can be one of the main causes of the most severe car accidents.
- Driving Under the Influence. When drunk or drugged drivers choose to get behind the wheel, they put themselves and others at extreme risk. Aside from facing serious criminal charges that may come with extensive jail time, such drivers will also be subject to liability for the injuries that they cause if they get involved in vehicle crashes.
- Design or Manufacturing Defects. Another cause of vehicle accidents is defects in the vehicle. If a manufacturer of the car or one of its parts was negligent during the design process, during the manufacturing line, the manufacturer or distributor might be held strictly liable if the vehicle gets into an accident that causes injuries to others.
In addition to vehicle accident cases, my office also handles other personal injury issues such as:
- Dog Bite Cases. Some dog bite injuries can be severe, particularly if they involve rabid dogs. These injuries can require extensive treatment.
- Slip and Fall. Some slip and fall incidents can be dangerous enough to cause brain injuries that require extensive hospitalization, long-term treatment, and disability.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents. When auto accidents involve bicyclists or pedestrians, they usually result in severe injuries and even fatalities. Often, vehicles in such accidents are likely liable for failing to yield to cyclists and pedestrians or other negligent behavior.
- Wrongful Death. I pursue wrongful death cases against negligent parties on behalf of the deceased person’s spouse, children, parents, siblings, or other individuals with legitimate legal interests.
I’m Ed Smith, a Paradise car accident lawyer. If you or a family member has been seriously injured in an auto accident, trucking accident or other types of accident, please call me for free, friendly advice. If your case is a good one and we are a good fit to work together, I will pay for your transportation and overnight hotel expense for you to come and see me at my Sacramento office. This way you won’t be exhausted from a long drive to and from Sacramento all on the same day.
I’ve been practicing in personal injury law exclusively since 1982.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 9.3.20]
Photo by Pixabay