Pacheco Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
In smaller towns like Pacheco, walking is popular as a means of exercise, going to work and errand-running. Despite this idyllic type of lifestyle, some of the most severe injuries can be suffered by those on foot when they are struck by a negligent driver. If this happens to you, a Pacheco pedestrian accident lawyer can help when you file a claim to recover compensation, which can cover the cost of your medical care, lost wages and pain and suffering. We know how these accidents can impact the injured person and loved ones physically, financially and emotionally, and we are here when you need us.Seeking Help After a Pedestrian Accident Injury
At AutoAccident.com, our lawyers and staff members understand that you’ve been through a traumatic experience that has left you shaken and injured. As your attorneys, we do our best to make your life easier by handling some of the burdens you face, so you can focus on healing from your injury. We have successfully handled many pedestrian accident claims over the years and include a few of them on our Verdicts and Settlements page for you to look over.Pedestrian Accident Statistics in Contra Costa County
In 2019, the California Office of Traffic Safety reported 335 deaths and injuries to pedestrians caused by collisions with motor vehicles. Thirty-three of those pedestrians were under the age of 15. A personal injury claim against a negligent driver carries a two-year statute of limitations in the state. This is the time period in which an injured party may file a claim. If it is filed after the two-year limit, the case will not be allowed in court. When the injury is caused by a government entity, a claim must be filed within six months of the injury. Protect your case by consulting an attorney. Claims against a public entity have additional time limits and deadlines which cannot be fully explained here.
When it comes to minors involved accidents, the statute of limitations is different. The two-year limit for filing a claim does not begin until they turn 18. However, the evidence needed to support your pedestrian injury claim can be covered up or disappear quickly, so contacting one of our injury lawyers as soon as possible is important.What Compensation Can I Expect to Recover?
Financial compensation that can be recovered by filing a personal injury claim includes:
- All medical costs for past, present and future treatment if necessary can be calculated and included in the compensation.
- Lost wages caused by your inability to work due to the pedestrian accident are recoverable and include any bonuses or other items with a monetary value.
- Wages lost in the future if you still cannot return to work or you are permanently disabled by the accident can be factored into the settlement by your Pacheco pedestrian accident lawyer.
- Scarring or disfigurement can be compensated, especially since insurance generally does not cover plastic surgery to make cosmetic repairs.
- Compensation for your physical pain and suffering can be given a monetary value.
- Monetary damages for your emotional distress, including anxiety, sleeplessness and other problems can be claimed.
- Damage to the marital relationship is recoverable, including loss of consortium.
This is probably not the best idea. Insurance companies are businesses that make their money by paying out the least amount possible when claims are made. Caution even has to be used when talking to the insurance agent after your accident because innocent statements can be used against you and end up with having your claim rejected. Some of the tricks used by insurance companies to get out of paying you what you deserve include:
- The insurance agent suddenly acting like your best buddy
- Claiming your injury isn’t as serious as the doctor says, especially if you automatically said you were fine after the accident
- Claiming a precondition is the cause of your injury
- Asking for medical authorization, which can be used against you
- Offering a fast settlement, knowing your medical bills are mounting and you cannot work
Our injury lawyers know all the tricks that insurance companies try to use to deny a claim or pay much less than the injured party requires and deserves. Our injury lawyers can and do counter those tactics to ensure our clients get the maximum compensation.Factors Contributing to Pedestrian Accidents
It is important for pedestrians to know the reasons for accidents that happen most commonly, so those on foot will be more alert to the hazards, as well as motorists and others that share the roadway. In 2019, nearly 8,000 pedestrians died and thousands were injured in traffic collisions, according to the National Safety Council. Pedestrian injuries can be caused by a variety of reasons, including:
- Drivers who are distracted have their attention taken away from the roadway and surrounding traffic.
- Speeding prevents a driver from stopping in time to avoid an accident and can make them lose control of their vehicle.
- Drivers who are drunk or have been using drugs are unable to drive safely.
- Tailgating drivers can cause a crash with the vehicle in front if it suddenly stops or slows. By striking the rear of that vehicle, it can cause it to be pushed into the crosswalk, where it strikes a pedestrian.
- Fatigue, which affects a driver in a similar way to a vehicle operator who is intoxicated, means a motorist may not spot a pedestrian until it’s too late to prevent an accident.
- Improper backing occurs in parking lots, driveways and alleys. Drivers have the responsibility to check carefully behind their vehicle before backing.
- Red light or stop sign runners cause a high number of intersection accidents, including those that impact pedestrians.
- Failure to yield is a common cause of a pedestrian accident.
- Poor government maintenance of roadways and intersections can lead to an accident involving a pedestrian if crossing lights are mistimed, foliage obscures signs and other problems exist.
Look over some of the related pedestrian injury accident articles below:
- The Effect of Vehicle Speed on Pedestrian Injuries
- Older Pedestrians and Safety Concerns
- Crosswalks May Give a Pedestrian a False Sense of Safety
Attorney Ed Smith discusses how to choose an injury lawyer in the video below:
Pacheco Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Pacheco pedestrian accident lawyer. When a negligent motorist or government entity causes your injury accident, you are welcome to contact us for our free and friendly advice to find out whether you can file a claim to recover compensation. Get in touch with us today at (925) 428-5220 or at (800) 404-5400 to get started. If you would like to have your injury case reviewed and determine whether compensation is available, we can arrange a free, no-obligation consultation. We also offer a contact form online if you prefer to reach out to us that way.
:cd  bw