Oxnard Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, and I’m proud to welcome you to my website, AutoAccident.com. I have been an Oxnard personal injury attorney over three decades, and I founded this website to help victims who have suffered serious injuries or people who have lost a loved one to wrongful death.
If you have landed on this page, you probably fit into one of those categories, and you may be searching for an Oxnard personal injury or wrongful death attorney. I am here to help you find one who can help you get the maximum compensation for your claim.Some Information About Me
I moved to California from Brooklyn, New York, where I am originally from. I graduated from UC Davis in the early 1980s and opened my own personal injury and wrongful death law firm. I spend a great deal of my time working for my clients, but when I do get the chance to break free from the office, I enjoy reading, hiking, gardening, and diving.
You can read more about me on my biography page, and I also have a staff page where you can learn about my beloved staff members. We may be a law office, but we feel like a family, and we treat our clients like family, as well. We truly care about each and every one of our clients – you can get a feel of that just from reading our client testimonials.Life in Oxnard
The largest city in Ventura County, the 19th largest city in California, and 113th largest city in the U.S., Oxnard is situated along the coast of sunny Southern California. For those who are not familiar with it, Oxnard is about 30 miles west of the city of Los Angeles and is part of the area known as Greater Los Angeles.
The people of Oxnard are fortunate, as the area is known to be one of the wealthiest in America, with a mean income that is quite a bit more than the national average. Residents get to enjoy more than 20 miles of scenic coastline that is fairly uncrowded. The beaches are expansive with very few rocks and driftwood, and the sand is incredibly soft on the feet. However, those who choose to brave the waters, whether to surf, swim or just wade, have to beware of the dangerous rip currents. Oxnard communities also get to enjoy cooler air in the summer and warmer air in the winter than the more inland communities, because of the onshore breezes.
As a major transportation hub in Southern California, Oxnard has Metrolink, Greyhound, Amtrak, and Union Pacific as means to get from point A to point B, as well as travel into and out of the city. This doesn’t stop the residents of Oxnard from traveling on the roads, highways and state routes. In fact, Oxnard experiences its fair share of car accidents, just like any other city in California.
It is crucial to be able to find a personal injury attorney who can serve your needs when you most need one.Serving Oxnard Accident Victims
If you or someone you love has suffered serious injuries from an accident that occurred in Oxnard, there is no doubt that your quality of life has diminished.
My goal has been to educate seriously injured victims about their rights regarding their injuries, as well as help those victims recover the maximum amount of compensation for their claim so that they can keep their mind and energy focused on progressing toward total well-being. I have been referred to as the “personal” personal injury lawyer because I genuinely care about the people who have been through accidents that resulted in serious injuries. I care about their families, their needs, their wants, and their goals and aspirations for the future. And I care about making their situation right by recovering the compensation they deserve.My Personal Experience with Near-Death and Pain
I can relate to many of my clients because I understand how physical pain can affect them in their everyday lives. I have personally recovered from several personal injuries myself. I have also been through six near-death experiences in my life. I know how pain, financial stress, anxiety, and grief can wear a person down, not just in a physical manner, but also emotionally, spiritually, and psychologically.Approaching Healing Holistically
I consider the approach that I take as an attorney as holistic. My goal is not to simply negotiate with the insurance company to get the money that you need to pay your bills, but rather I focus on helping my clients heal wholly – emotionally, spiritually, and psychologically. I help them get the care they need physically as well as help them obtain a fair financial recovery. That is what makes me feel good as a personal injury attorney.
Watch the video below for more on my holistic approach.Educating Seriously Injured Victims
My effort to educate seriously injured victims includes thousands of published articles on personal injury. I have also published two personal injury books on Amazon. You can find them here:
Call me today so that we can discuss your case over the phone. I can be reached at (805) 372-0200. Dial the number and ask for Ed for free, friendly advice. I will have questions to ask you, and you will probably have questions to ask me. Once I get a good feel for your case, I will be able to let you know if I can assist you. If I cannot help you, I can probably refer you to a reputable personal injury attorney who can. Either way, you look at it, the call is free, and you are under no obligation, so what do you have to lose?Advocating for Oxnard Victims with Serious Injuries
I am proud to say that I have undertaken thousands of personal injury and wrongful death claims during my career. I handle serious injury cases exclusively. If your injuries are on the minor end of the scale, you will probably need to find an attorney who takes on less severe cases. That is not to say that your pain is not worth my time, but my focus is on helping victims who are suffering catastrophic life-altering injuries.
I have handled cases for victims who suffered injuries due to:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Dog or animal bite accidents
- Farming accidents
- Dangerous or defective products
- Slip and fall incidents (premises liability incidents)
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos
- Worker’s Compensation
- Wrongful Death
Pick up the phone and give me a call today at (805) 372-0200. I promise to only provide you with honest, free, and friendly advice concerning your personal injury case.Choosing an Oxnard Personal Injury Lawyer to Take On Your Case
If you are currently suffering serious injuries, you need a reputable and capable Oxnard auto accident attorney as soon as possible. I understand that it is difficult to deal with life on a day-to-day basis, running to doctors and possibly specialist appointments, medical bills piling up with every visit, the pain you are experiencing slowing you down, and the injuries you have sustained impacting every moment of your life. You need legal representation now. However, that does not mean that you need to make a hurried decision to hire just any Oxnard auto accident attorney. Nor does it mean you should call the guy bragging that he is “the best” personal injury attorney on the West Coast.
The truth is: you need to put aside some time to do extensive research on personal injury attorneys if you want to ensure your case is handled with care and you receive the maximum amount of compensation you can. Before you choose an attorney (including myself), you should determine the answers to the following questions:
- Does the lawyer have a positive online reputation? If you research reviews online before purchasing a $10 product, why wouldn’t you do the same when looking for a personal injury attorney? One of the best places to start in your search for opinions about attorneys is Avvo, a website that has reviews, ratings, and disciplinary records for attorneys. You can also try Yelp and Google for reviews.
- What types of cases does the lawyer take on? Do they focus solely on personal injury and wrongful death or do they practice many different types of law? It is crucial to find an attorney who has solid experience practicing personal injury law, rather than an attorney who takes on a variety of different cases spanned across multiple areas of law. If you have suffered serious injuries, you want legal representation that has in-depth knowledge and experience handling similar types of cases. Just like anything else in life, the more you do something, the more you learn about it, and the better you get at it. The same is true for personal injury attorneys.
- Does the lawyer have trial experience? Even if you need the money quickly and feel strongly that you want to settle as soon as the insurance company makes you a fair offer, you should still be prepared with an attorney who has successful trial experience; someone who knows the inner workings of the personal injury courtroom, if you are faced with no choice but to go to trial. Unfortunately, there are a lot of personal injury attorneys who, rather than fight to the end of the earth for their clients and take cases to court, prefer to settle with insurance companies. They will even recommend that their clients take settlements that are less than they know their clients should be compensated just to close a case quickly and get paid. Because you have suffered serious injuries, you are going to need someone who not only has the determination to take your case to court. They also need to have the financial resources to take your case to court. Because most personal injury attorneys, including myself, take on cases on a contingency basis, meaning we don’t get paid unless our clients do, we cannot afford to take every case to trial. In fact, a case could cost the attorney upwards of $150,000 just to take it to trial. Many “personal injury” lawyers are not able to come up with the money to present cases effectively to a jury. We can and do.
- Does the attorney have a solid track record of successful settlements and verdicts? Most lawyers have a page on their website dedicated to their past verdicts and settlements. You definitely want to check those out. If you do not see a list of settlements and verdicts on their website, feel free to ask them about their past verdicts and settlements. Most attorneys are proud of their accomplishments and would be happy to be able to tell you about their previous settlements and verdicts.
Check out my Verdicts and Settlements page to get an idea of what you should look for.Oxnard FAQs
Q: Do you know which Oxnard intersections are the most dangerous pertaining to traffic accidents?
A: Yes. These were the most dangerous intersections in Oxnard in 2013, according to TIMS Berkeley, with accidents that had at least 4 injured:
- Hill St & G St
- 2nd St & C St
- Gonzales Rd & Patterson Rd
- Latigo Ave & Rice Ave
- Rt 1 & Citrus Grove Ln
- Gonzales Rd & Ginger St
- 5th St & H St
- Harbor Bl & Wooley Rd
- Ventura Rd & Hill St
- Ventura Rd & 5th St
- 5th St & Victoria Ave
- Mountain Valley Ave & Richmond Ave
- Pleasant Valley Rd & Cypress Rd
Q: Can you recommend a good auto repair shop in Oxnard?
A: Yes. The following auto repair shop in Oxnard received a 5-star rating on Yelp:
JJS Smog & Repair Shop
1281 S Oxnard Blvd.
Oxnard, CA 93030
I’m Ed Smith, an Oxnard car accident lawyer. If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in an accident in Oxnard, you should call me right now at (805) 372-0200 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
See our client reviews and comments on:
:sb EAS bw (cs 2094)
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 4.8.19]