Ojai Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Set in the Ojai valley northwest of Los Angeles, the city has a healthy population of around 7,500. Ojai, which is within Ventura Country, is home to numerous small businesses with an ecological focus. The landscape around the city features hills and mountains with many hiking trails, along with a couple of golf courses and some beautiful places to camp and picnic.Serving Ojai Accident Victims and Their Loved Ones
Our law firm handles serious personal injury and wrongful death cases. If you find yourself in an auto accident in downtown Ojai, or in a motorcycle crash on one of the many winding mountain roads in the area, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.How to Select an Ojai Personal Injury Attorney
A simple internet search for an Ojai personal injury lawyer can easily get overwhelming due to the sheer amount of possibilities out there. Trying to select an attorney can be tough, especially if you or someone you love is in physical and emotional pain.
- Be Sure To Check Yelp and Google Reviews - A legal firm’s social media presence is one of the best ways to see if they are a good fit for your specific needs. Please see the reviews our office has received here: Yelp, Google.
- Check for an AVVO Rating - AVVO ratings are another great resource to determine if a lawyer is right for you. AVVO uses a mathematical model that uses public information like personal websites to tell you what an attorney’s background is like. These ratings are useful because they are not able to be purchased and they evaluate all attorneys with the same unbiased and objective metrics. Some Ojai auto accident attorneys only have a few reviews on AVVO. Our AVVO account has numerous positive reviews, and a perfect 10 out of 10 rating overall.
- Look For Client Testimonials - Actual client testimonials are one of the most important factors to consider as you are deciding on the right personal injury attorney. Testimonials give you first-hand evidence about the quality of service a firm can provide. My website has a wide variety of written, audio, and video testimonials from many satisfied clients. Please view them here.
- Select an Attorney Who Publishes and Speaks In His or Her Field of Expertise - Many experienced lawyers can be found writing and speaking to the public about the work they practice. Do the personal injury attorneys you are considering publish articles, or have videos of themselves speaking with the media? Have they presented at universities, or at seminars with other professionals? I used to host a talk show about personal injury, and I am always happy to share my experiences and knowledge with others. I also have published Amazon books about car accident personal injury and motorcycle accident cases.
- Look for a Lawyer Who Practices Personal Injury Law Exclusively - My website is filled with my past Verdicts and Settlements, and I am proud to have represented numerous clients during my work as a personal injury attorney. Some of my clients have seen recoveries up to $25 million, which has admitted me to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This is a group of US trial attorneys who have obtained verdicts and settlements exceeding 1 million dollars. It is important to note that taking a case to trial is usually very expensive. Therefore, you will want an attorney who is willing to fight for your case in court against callous insurance companies who often do not act in good faith. I am always ready to stand alongside my clients and ensure that their rights are respected.
- Choose an Attorney Who Is Active in the Legal Community - I am in good standing with the California State Bar, and I am currently active in numerous other legal associations. I always enjoy networking with others in the legal community, and I am also a member of both the Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles and the American Trial Lawyers Association.
To make your search quick and fruitful, I created this YouTube video that walks you through on how to select a qualified personal injury attorney that best fits your needs.Severe Personal Injury and Wrongful Death in Ojai
The work that my office provides is always focused and professional, and we only handle serious personal injury matters in the Ojai area. These include the following type of cases:
- Serious Motor Vehicle Accidents: My office focuses on accidents like head-on collisions, crashes involving a motorcycle, and serious pedestrian accidents, all of which can lead to severe injury or death.
- Premises Liability: Poorly built walkways or a lack of warning can lead to slip and fall accidents. I can work with you to build a premises liability case if you find yourself injured in this manner.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): TBI usually drastically affects the livelihood of a person, and does not always manifest right after someone gets hurt. I work with qualified experts to prove a case of traumatic brain injury.
- Wrongful Death: If a person passes away due to the negligence of another party, families can file claims and get compensation for expenses like medical bills and funeral fees.
I’m Ed Smith, an Ojai car accident lawyer. Call my office immediately at (805) 372-0200 or (800) 404-5400 if you have been injured or someone you love has been killed in an accident. I’m always ready to give you free, friendly advice.
I’ve been assisting families with their personal injury and wrongful death cases since 1982.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 8.28.20]
Image by rob_alltimemedia from Pixabay
:EAS bw [cs 1388]